Gaming New 3DS update available!

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, the power button problem has not been fixed. I just turned on my 3DS, and with the first press I held it down indefinitely, and it didn't power on. Same with the second press, and as usual, it booted fine on the third press. The fact that my 3DS didn't come like this, and now it's not right, is what makes it disappointing
glare.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
dsfanatic5 said:
For the record, the power button problem has not been fixed. I just turned on my 3DS, and with the first press I held it down indefinitely, and it didn't power on. Same with the second press, and as usual, it booted fine on the third press. The fact that my 3DS didn't come like this, and now it's not right, is what makes it disappointing
glare.gif
Works for me here.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
dsfanatic5 said:
glare.gif
Works for me here.
It only happens when I leave my 3DS off for over 24 hours. Once it finally powers on, I can't duplicate the problem until I leave it off again for a while. If you don't have this problem at all, then I'm glad for you, and any others. For me though, it's annoying because it was introduced after a previous update.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
dsfanatic5 said:
WiiBricker said:
dsfanatic5 said:
glare.gif
Works for me here.
It only happens when I leave my 3DS off for over 24 hours. Once it finally powers on, I can't duplicate the problem until I leave it off again for a while. If you don't have this problem at all, then I'm glad for you, and any others. For me though, it's annoying because it was introduced after a previous update.

Completely forgot to post back about this issue, it has not been fixed for me either (however I cannot say if it was introduced in a previous update on my console as it is rarely fully off anyway)

As mentioned above, I need to leave my 3DS off for a number of hours before the power button issue occurs (never paid much attention to how many hours though)

It would be nice if nintendo fixed this, however it is only a very minor annoyance to me so it's not high on my list of wants.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked it, I just opened the system and one click installed the firmware.

Wish it would show me what it did exactly

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ToxieDogg said:
Team Fail said:
I agree with the Kokatu article. It doesn't seem any different. But it blocked my Acekard 2i. I had it updated for the previous firmware, but it just errors my 3DS out.

If you have the very latest firmware update on your Acekard 2i that was only released (I think) last week (link here: http://www.acekard.com/download.php#ak2 ) then the new 3DS firmware shouldn't be blocking it. The Acekard icon should be showing up on the menu as 'Dorasu' and have a picture of a little red bow (I think it's off some 'Hello Kitty' game)

I updated my 3DS firmware to 2.1.0-4E this morning, and I've got my Acekard 2i running on it at this very moment.

thanks for this valuable info, is it the link that says "update firmware of AK2i for DSi 1.4.1"?

maxlords

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I have a 1.0 3DS, should I update it to get the 20 free games? Or wait for a possible flash cart that may or may not come?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
maxlords said:
So if I have a 1.0 3DS, should I update it to get the 20 free games? Or wait for a possible flash cart that may or may not come?

I would say to just update. I doubt any news-breaking information about hacking into the 3DS for the average user will come around anytime soon. Plus, you'd be depriving yourself of anything requiring an update before then, including those 20 free games.

maxlords

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks
smile.gif
Any other opinions? Was hoping to get a few before I do the update since I have a few days left. I'm thinking I'll probably do it just for the heck of it....

maxlords

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
codezer0 said:
If you're still on 1.0, I would take this time to update the firmware on your flashcart(s) while you still can.

I've only got an iEdge and it seems to be fine. I have a non-updated DSi and a non-updated DSiXL I can use for that. I only use my flash cart on my XL anyway, and everything seems to work fine on it.

So I should go for it? There's no need to worry about updating with the other equipment I have lying around right?

ady199

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone please tell me if the Acekard 2i 3DS with 1.8.6a firmware works with the new 3DS Firmware??

Thanks in advance

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Got the 3DS out of the pawn shop today and can confirm that this update fixes the power button issue for me. The 3DS turns on the instant I press it now where as before, I had to hold it down or press it repeatedly.
biggrin.gif

Oh and my DSTWO still works.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Neither my power button nor the charging light problems are fixed... is it just me or there are other unlucky 3DS owners besides me here too?

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
deadmaker said:
Neither my power button nor the charging light problems are fixed... is it just me or there are other unlucky 3DS owners besides me here too?

Afaik we don't even know wether or not this update was for those specific problems. So it doesn't mean anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning