chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
chartube12 said:
I believe this is meant to block, remove and prevent the non-public released hack(s) for playing 3DS homebrew and back-ups.

EDIT: It also sounds like (to me) some games are going to start needing the newest update available to be played. Nintendo taking the PSP route for firmware and games.

Newer games already required your 3DS to be on newer firmware if you wanted to play them

I only own 3 games for the system and have not gotten a "you need to update" message. I have yet to see a single post with anyone claiming games need updates either. So if games already required new firmware, it's news to me.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
heartgold said:
chartube12 said:
I believe this is meant to block, remove and prevent the non-public released hack(s) for playing 3DS homebrew and back-ups.

EDIT: It also sounds like (to me) some games are going to start needing the newest update available to be played. Nintendo taking the PSP route for firmware and games.

Newer games already required your 3DS to be on newer firmware if you wanted to play them

I only own 3 games for the system and have not gotten a "you need to update" message. I have yet to see a single post with anyone claiming games need updates either. So if games already required new firmware, it's news to me.

Zelda Required the latest menu

the update is released before the game normally

heres the thread

http://gbatemp.net/t298943-zelda-update

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
heartgold said:
chartube12 said:

What games do you own?

I know zelda required it and other people have comfirmed for other new games here and there.

It's definitely news to you
smile.gif

Edit: ninja'd

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sure this update was only meant to add the 1.4.3 anti-piracy features of the DSi to the 3DS, but unfortunately for nintendo they are too late, since most flashcarts are already patched, it's useless.

chartube12 said:

If it's non-public, how nintendo can patch it (except if someone who discovered an exploit was nice enough to tell ninty about it)?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
I'm sure this update was only meant to add the 1.4.3 anti-piracy features of the DSi to the 3DS, but unfortunately for nintendo they are too late, since most flashcarts are already patched, it's useless.

chartube12 said:

If it's non-public, how nintendo can patch it (except if someone who discovered an exploit was nice enough to tell ninty about it)?

The People from Hackmii used to tell Nintendo when they found holes in the Wii. Bad example though since no one from nintendo ever cared to listen.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
rgros said:
Should this not be front paged??

lol well the compilation thread with the news is stickyed

this is more for just general ranting about the update

update most likely is to do with the Zelda OOT causing DLC problems on other games when sav file is not fully opened so you can play master quest

Matyapiro31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's Internet browser update.
some Internet browser exploits blocked,
and many titles were updated better than ever.
See http://3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=Title_list&curid=36&diff=1008&oldid=962

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
chartube12 said:
And what do you base this on?

This is kind of a stretch, but couldn't Nintendo have put in a flashcard block that only becomes active after a couple of days, or when they send a signal through SpotPass or something, in order to trick everyone into updating?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any website storing all the update changes for 3DS like Marcan's Wiimpersonator?

Something like ... 3ds-impersonator?
With detailed changes for every updated files, title ID and versions, etc.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Terenigma said:
I love the last part of that "Failure to accept the update may render games unplayable."

So the games will magically stop working if you dont update? Wow anyone without an internet connection is screwed then lol
Not at all. Think wisely please. If a specific system is needed to play a game, the update will be in the cart and will update the console on 1st boot of the game.

Bedlam said:
ishdeepsingh said:
QUOTE(Hakoda @ Jul 25 2011, 10:17 PM) I don't have a 3DS but according to the legal statement in the changelog, they can render your system permanently unplayable if they detect unauthorized devices. According to Rydian, this is against US law. However it could be just Nintendo's legal PR bluffing.
every1 knows they can, but WILL they? (answer prob not as it will break the law and a bunch of ther stuff that im not even gonna go into right now because its common sense that they will get in trouble for those actions)

I hate the way they word that crap too..we can brick your hardware if you use any software that we dont like. This ok with you? Well if not you wont be able to play new games...

Screw you nintendo. Made me want to throw my damn 3ds out the window. Make some games that are worth buying please...then you can threaten me into updating my system.
Ah man you poor people with so little knowledge and curiosity. Nintendo doesn't want to brick system because on purpose of piracy, they are simlpy telliing you that if you have unauthorized software installed, they will attempt to remove it wich MAY cause to system instability or unusable.

Pip'

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
nikola987 said:
spinal_cord said:
SamAsh07 said:
....device in connection with your system, may render the system permanently unplayable. ...

It's a standard warning 'If you mess with it, it might break'. Nothing more.
Actually in the past updates there was no word "may" in that sentence, but instead was "WILL render the system permanently unplayable"
biggrin.gif

They are getting soft
tongue.gif

Either way, "may" or "will", the wording of it says nothing about Nintendo forcing a device to become bricked, which is what too many people believed. It is merely saying that the incompatibilities of their official software mixed with unofficial software may be great enough to render the unit unusable, a.k.a. "bricked". Nintendo is not responsible for such problems, but it is their job to make sure the unit is stable, which involves them cleaning out modifications so their software works as it should.

Back onto the topic, I may not have noticed this if it was there prior, but on the Home menu where it shows the Internet signal strength and if it is enabled, it also began showing the StreetPass signal strength.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DiscostewSM said:
Back onto the topic, I may not have noticed this if it was there prior, but on the Home menu where it shows the Internet signal strength and if it is enabled, it also began showing the StreetPass signal strength.

It always did that.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're just being a smart ass. We all know what it's about.

Anyway, I noticed the avatars on gbatemp aren't loading on the 3ds browser. Has this always been the case or arw they purposely not loading/showing everything due to exploits/faults? I can't remember if this was the case before.

EDIT:
Nvm, suddenly they show up. It's just the crappy browser I guess. ›_‹

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Matyapiro31 said:
It's Internet browser update.
some Internet browser exploits blocked,
and many titles were updated better than ever.
See http://3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=Title_list&curid=36&diff=1008&oldid=962
Thanks for nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all