Gaming New 3DS update available!

D

Deleted User

I like the old Nintendo consoles...that doesn't need updates and such,and worrying your Flashcard/Console/System gets bricked.But I kinda doubt they would actually brick the console itself.

trickybitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:
chartube12 said:
heartgold said:
chartube12 said:
I believe this is meant to block, remove and prevent the non-public released hack(s) for playing 3DS homebrew and back-ups.

EDIT: It also sounds like (to me) some games are going to start needing the newest update available to be played. Nintendo taking the PSP route for firmware and games.

Newer games already required your 3DS to be on newer firmware if you wanted to play them

I only own 3 games for the system and have not gotten a "you need to update" message. I have yet to see a single post with anyone claiming games need updates either. So if games already required new firmware, it's news to me.

Zelda Required the latest menu

the update is released before the game normally

heres the thread

http://gbatemp.net/t298943-zelda-update

I have a mate who has never updated his 3ds (still on launch firmware) and he is playing Zelda as we speak.

I

ishdeepsingh

Giga_Gaia said:
Bedlam said:
ishdeepsingh said:
Hakoda said:
I don't have a 3DS but according to the legal statement in the changelog, they can render your system permanently unplayable if they detect unauthorized devices. According to Rydian, this is against US law. However it could be just Nintendo's legal PR bluffing.
every1 knows they can, but WILL they? (answer prob not as it will break the law and a bunch of ther stuff that im not even gonna go into right now because its common sense that they will get in trouble for those actions)

I hate the way they word that crap too..we can brick your hardware if you use any software that we dont like. This ok with you? Well if not you wont be able to play new games...

Screw you nintendo. Made me want to throw my damn 3ds out the window. Make some games that are worth buying please...then you can threaten me into updating my system.

They can't brick your hardware, it's completely against the law, that's property damage. They're just bluffing. Not only is it illegal of them to do so, but the terrible PR and the huge amount of lawsuits would deter them from doing it if they could. Bricking your console like that is even more illegal than the piracy in question.

Beside, I doubt they are even capable of doing that. It's nintendo, they're stupid and fail. I mean, sos tupid, they think that this bluff is gonna scare people.
Yup they have no right to brick our systems. Most they can do is refuse to give us services such as eshop or online play, etc such as microsoft did with the 360

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I like this update. I swear the loading times have been improved a bit (not in the browser) and the system now doesn´t require two or three times pressing the power button, but only one time.

Surely the 3DS gets better and better by each update.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
I like this update. I swear the loading times have been improved a bit (not in the browser) and the system now doesn´t require two or three times pressing the power button, but only one time.

Placebo effect.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
for me every update that happens wiht in the first year is sign that nintendo should have put off the release of the 3ds. I open my system this morning to find that I have to cancel an update.

since I have only downloaded 5 things from the eshop and am continuing to wait for anything good this update just smacks of we do it because we can.
(checks eshop list...) like I thought as more time goes by nothing good is getting released.
waste of noney.... sigh....
and getting annoying....

kderh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after the update my 3DS crashed/locked up for the first time after 60+ hours. I was playing OOT when suddenly the screen froze but the music continued to play. Home button and short power button didn't do anything. Had to hold power to turn it off. So much for stability fixes...

gesarichi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been updated today, and my flashcart SCDS2 still working on this latest firmware..
smile.gif

_elf_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Tested today the auto-download stuff. Didn't update manualy. I put it in the charger and waited for the magic to happen. When i returned i had the "blue light of glory" and when i openned it it asked if i wanted to update (no internet needed). Great stuff
yaynds.gif

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_elf_ said:
Tested today the auto-download stuff. Didn't update manualy. I put it in the charger and waited for the magic to happen. When i returned i had the "blue light of glory" and when i openned it it asked if i wanted to update (no internet needed). Great stuff
yaynds.gif
it still used the internet...nintendo does not magically send the update through a spirit world....derp...lmfao

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish they would add 3d video recording already
and if i buy a 3ds now can i update via sd card? like can i download any of the updates i want from my pc and update to any fw i want , as long as it is a higher fw?like if i were to buy a 3ds and it comes with stock fw ,then i wanted to update it to the fw befor this one, could i?

loco365

Trophies
XP
I agree with the Kokatu article. It doesn't seem any different. But it blocked my Acekard 2i. I had it updated for the previous firmware, but it just errors my 3DS out.

_elf_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Demonstryde said:
_elf_ said:
yaynds.gif
it still used the internet...nintendo does not magically send the update through a spirit world....derp...lmfao

of course dude
rofl.gif
i was referent to the message that the system gives you (the download of the update was done and you can upgrade without the internet connection)

Of course the system uses the Internet connection to download the required files. Nothing in electronics is magic, only logic. I thoght i made my point clear, but i could have used better wording
dry.gif
Its a shame that the first "quote" used for one of my posts was to "correct" me
dry.gif

Damn you words that appear good in your mind but not in paper
angry.gif
rofl.gif

ToxieDogg

Trophies
XP
Country
Team Fail said:
I agree with the Kokatu article. It doesn't seem any different. But it blocked my Acekard 2i. I had it updated for the previous firmware, but it just errors my 3DS out.

If you have the very latest firmware update on your Acekard 2i that was only released (I think) last week (link here: http://www.acekard.com/download.php#ak2 ) then the new 3DS firmware shouldn't be blocking it. The Acekard icon should be showing up on the menu as 'Dorasu' and have a picture of a little red bow (I think it's off some 'Hello Kitty' game)

I updated my 3DS firmware to 2.1.0-4E this morning, and I've got my Acekard 2i running on it at this very moment.

BadBloke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiintendogr.com
XP
Country
Greece
Updated, Acekard 2i still works! (Damn this resolution incompatibility makes the scaling in DSi Mode look really ugly, I'm having second thoughts on selling my DSi, though I rarely play DS games anymore... - sorry for the offtopic
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.