Hardware New 3DS TWLNand problem - can't boot into DS mode anymore - blackscreen

kai98yoshi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I have a problem with the DS mode. Everything was working until I deleted some titles of the TWLNand manually.

I had installed some DSi Ware games. Because not every DSi ware title was showing up in the home menu I couldn't delete these titles through system settings. So I thought it would be great idea to delete them manually with FBI. But by mistake I didn't just delete the titles not showing up I deleted the titles which showing up in the home menu as well... and in the end I deleted the whole titles folder (and recreated it). After that I went to the system settings, to the data management. There were a list of DSiware games. But all of them had a question mark as icons. ... And to make matters worse I deleted them via the system settings, too... which was also not a great idea ... probably.

However... In any case... Now the ds mode isn't working anymore - everytime I get a black scrren. I tried to install the common TWL fix cias. I did a CTRTransfer. I formatted my 3DS. I deleted/cleared the home menu exdata. I used the "TWLFix-CFW.3dsx" homebrew app to clear the TWL nand and I already made a system update. ... And I also tried to use TWLNand files from another 3DS. I've copied them to my 3DS.

None of this methods has been working so far. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Thank you for your answers.

Last edited by kai98yoshi,
Reactions: MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a problem with the DS mode. Everything was working until I deleted some titles of the TWLNand manually.

I had installed some DSi Ware games. Because not every DSi ware title was showing up in the home menu I couldn't delete these titles through system settings. So I thought it would be great idea to delete them manually with FBI. But by mistake I didn't just delete the titles not showing up I deleted the titles which showing up in the home menu as well... and in the end I deleted the whole titles folder (and recreated it). After that I went to the system settings, to the data management. There were a list of DSiware games. But all of them had a question mark as icons. ... And to make matters worse I deleted them via the system settings, too... which was also not a great idea ... probably.

However... In any case... Now the ds mode isn't working anymore - everytime I get a black scrren. I tried to install the common TWL fix cias. I did a CTRTransfer. I formatted my 3DS. I deleted/cleared the home menu exdata. I used the "TWLFix-CFW.3dsx" homebrew app to clear the TWL nand and I already made a system update. ... And I also tried to use TWLNand files from another 3DS. I've copied them to my 3DS.

None of this methods has been working so far. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Do you know which TWL titles you deleted? Try this again: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer

Then do this again: https://github.com/MechanicalDragon0687/TWLFix-CFW/releases/latest

If that doesn't fix it. (Which you say it didn't) then i'd say you might have f*cked something up major.

Maybe we can get @TurdPooCharger to help.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

When I told you that the method in editing Title IDs for DSiWare CIAs was meant only for TWL system titles back at:
, I meant for system titles that weren't installed on 3DS systems from the factory. You weren't suppose to mess with typical DSiWare games as those are naturally 00048004#######.
Also, some TWL titles are better off being left alone and to stay hidden from HOME Menu.

While running GodMode9, directly deleting the title folder found in the [2:] SYSNAND TWLN is the incorrect way of uninstalling DSiWare games. The 3DS firmware keeps track of installed titles through two database files called title.db and import.db. You're supposed to uninstall games in FBI or Data Management in order to let the 3DS firmware formally delist them from the database.

If you kept a copy of that title folder and had any DSiWare games with saves you wish to keep, paste the folder back to the [2:] drive and follow this guide:

To repair the DS(i) mode, install the five (5) TWL system titles CIAs appropriate for your (old/new) 3DS series found at:
Once they're installed with FBI, do a system update in order to download the latest versions of those system titles.
  • System Settings → Other Settings → System Update
  • Recovery Mode

kai98yoshi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now, everything is working again. I just forgot to install the TWLNand fixing cias again after doing the CTRTransfer. (Because of the downgrading effect the CTRTransfer has the outdated cias work as well apparently) ... But thank you for your answers/support/help.

Last edited by kai98yoshi,
Reactions: MrMcTiller

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
When installing dsiware games in the future remember they usually don't show up after installing them, you have to restart your system for them to show up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.