Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It wasn't a misunderstanding...They were serious
Me,
is it true that we can only put 10 3ds games per SKY3DS card? Did you mean per micro sd card?
SKY3DS:
Once you copy 10 games into your microSD card in the first time, Sky3DS will "remember" them and you can only play those 10 games no matter if you change the microSD card or not, you do need another Sky3DS card if you want to play more games.

Inquiry@SKY3DS

Oh my god!! :O its a con from the get go! So your telling me it was not a misprint, so if you want to run more than 10 games you need to buy another card! :rofl2: all they have done is found a way to squeeze 10 games on one card, that's all and to think people will actually go out and buy it. It reminds me off the old days when one of those cheap 100 in 1 games cartridges you used to buy in a dodgy Tenerife shop for the Gameboy Colour for like a fiver.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The SKY3DS and the K3DS have the same video. Who clone who ?
K3DS uploaded the video after Sky3ds, i think that answers the question....assuming there is anything to clone too, simply coping the video doesn't mean anything will even be released with the name K3DS, could just be someone trolling or trying to scam people/resellers by stealing the video, the fact sky3ds put their name in the corner of the next video suggest they aren't related though and weren't happy with k3ds using their first video

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has the final retail price been confirmed? I'd probably get one if it cost the same as a GW, but they are asking a lot for people to spend more than that.

I wouldn't care about the 10 game limit if it were economical to buy more cards. They are going to price themselves out of a lot of sales if it is $120 or whatever the last rumor was.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Between this and Gateway, I would choose gateway. Even at $120 it would still cost me more at the moment to get Gateway as I would have to also go and get a 4.5 FW console, in the end I have no need for a device who's sole purpose is piracy. Sure I'll run roms on the Gateway when/if I get one, but another big selling point is the ability to run homebrew, hacked roms, save editing, etc. Piracy is of secondary importance on a device like that for me. I my self will take a pass on this device. If the price drops to something below $40, perhaps. But I just can't justify owning one at the moment.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the only people i would say this is better for is(in my opinion im sure someone will want to disagree)
A)people with a 9.x console who are very picky with their games
B)people with a very strong attachment to their current console
C) people who live somewhere where it would be impossible to buy a 4.x console but for some reason can buy a flashcard off the internet
D) people who want/have a new 3ds or only want a 2ds
E) people who rarely play videogames
F) people who are unable to maintain sysNAND to 4.5 without fucking up, or parents with young children who may fuck everything up
G) people who buy things on a whim and would rather spend triple the amount for the instant convenience rather than having to bother to find an old 3DS (read: 99% of the population in any first world country)
H) people with multiple systems for the entire family, none of them being <4.5
I) people who are using a friend's system, so they have no right to replace them (in this case, if you're only interested in a bunch of games your friend doesn't own, getting this card would actually save you money compared to getting a new system for yourself)
J) people who, brace yourselves, do not browse GBAtemp to inform themselves but just want to pop in something that "just works", so they wouldn't know/want to dabble into the more tricky piracy methods
K) people who aren't willing to risk ever waiting X days to buy a new game off eShop, to wait for GW's emunand update, because they have very little time available to them

Assuming this will not be blocked/will work on several firmwares after 9.0, there is an infinitely bigger market than there is for GW, contrary to what everyone here says that it's an useless/worthless card. Remember people: the majority of people playing videogames are low commitment casuals, it's not hacking enthusiasts. Even more so for a nintendo handheld.

Most of you should know that random people made a fortune selling local parents DS flashcarts marketed as "magical play-20-games solution for your kids' DS for just 100$!", profiting incredible amounts out of it by exploiting their ignorance.
The parents do not know that it's the best alternative. They are presented the only alternative they know, they see it objectively saves them some money, and they just do it on a whim.

If the card works like it promises, it will have a huge market even with the greedy limitation. The only thing that can destroy it is if it gets reverse-engineered and the limit removed. That would be pretty cool for the people. I'm also certain the GW team will try to tear it apart and pick it up as a higher firmware solution, and give it superior support/features. So that all the asshurt from GW drones can finally stop.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has the final retail price been confirmed? I'd probably get one if it cost the same as a GW, but they are asking a lot for people to spend more than that.

I wouldn't care about the 10 game limit if it were economical to buy more cards. They are going to price themselves out of a lot of sales if it is $120 or whatever the last rumor was.

About 80 dollars in China.

Preorders already being taken.

Some resellers said they will be shipped soon, at least in China (7 to 15 days).

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really there's no good reason Nintendo couldn't have made the 2DS fold over like the 3DS. The cost of a couple hinges and screws is like $0.10 to manufacture.
It was made to be durable, that's why it has no hinge. Nintendo consoles without hinges are indestructible.
I'm a big, big fan of the 2DS design. It's durable and sturdy, and feels very good in hands thanks to those big, meaty triggers.

D

Deleted-355425

nobody has set a price, where are you pulling this $120 figure from? you do realise the more you suggest it the more likely the price will be?! somthing like this with such limitations shouldn't be more then $50.

Reactions: DryTaste

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It was made to be durable, that's why it has no hinge. Nintendo consoles without hinges are indestructible.
I'm a big, big fan of the 2DS design. It's durable and sturdy, and feels very good in hands thanks to those big, meaty triggers.
Everything Nintendo makes is pretty durable. They made the 2DS that way so that not everybody would buy their cheaper option.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
nobody has set a price, where are you pulling this $120 figure from? you do realise the more you suggest it the more likely the price will be?! somthing like this with such limitations shouldn't be more then $50.
120$ is was released by a website which pre-sell sky3ds. However that doesnt mean, that the final price will be 120$, but i guess they want make big profit. So it wont be cheap, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q