Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hmmm... This looks a little familiar too...
zv2249.png
aaawww just to think he spent so long printing that out too....should of shaved his hands and painted his nails red to distract from the obvious fakery

Reactions: mvmiranda

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same here. I have a personal limit of three "active" games at any one time anyway, so being limited to 10 on the card at once is fine, so long as I can add/remove as I wish.

thats the whole problem you cannot add/remove as you wish, once those 10 slots on the flashcard are used no more games can be used on that flashcard. even if you change the microsd card, you would have to buy another flashcard to play other games..........................sudeki300

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
in other news K3DS is branded a fake by Sky3DS
Clarify: We don't release any SKY3DS news, Video, Features, FAQs on neither the site like
facksite.png
(fake! nothing related to us), nor any forum but in here - Sky3DS.com only! Please find your similar question first in FAQs section before email us, sorry we can't reply each inquiry cause tons of received emails every day, thanks for your understanding!

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I dont see any problem with the 10 game restriction, as long as you keep 9 games you'll be able to switch games unlimited times. If sky3ds its real im sure a clone without this restriction will appear in a couple of months later

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I dont see any problem with the 10 game restriction, as long as you keep 9 games you'll be able to switch games unlimited times. If sky3ds its real im sure a clone without this restriction will appear in a couple of months later

It's been confirmed by their team that the game ID's are written on the card itself, so it knows which 10 games you're able to play.

Alexisss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DRM in piracy is just complete utter bullshit, and really not worth anyone's time or money. Just buy the game if this is your only option.

Not that I am necessarily disagreeing, however, this community's precious Gateway also contained DRM that bricked many peoples 3DSs. Just in case anyone is forgetting. :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Not that I am necessarily disagreeing, however, this community's precious Gateway also contained DRM that bricked many peoples 3DSs. Just in case anyone is forgetting. :)
oh don't worry hunterb isnt a gateway fan by any measure :P but still there is kinda a difference between a anti clone drm designed to stop clones that backfired and just plain and simple give us more money every 10 games drm

Reactions: Huntereb

Alexisss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh don't worry hunterb isnt a gateway fan by any measure :P but still there is kinda a difference between a anti clone drm designed to stop clones that backfired and just plain and simple give us more money every 10 games drm

Tell that to someone with a bricked 3DS ;). Half of this thread reads like Gateway fanboys circlejerking about how awesome Gateway is/how awful anything else will be. It is mildly annoying to read. Huntereb might not be one of the fans, but it wasn't directed explicitly at them.

Regardless, all of the speculation is unwarranted. No one knows how the cart works. Anyone implying that it has to be a DRM attempt to steal more money out of you is just ignorant or lying -- probably both. There are many potential circumstances where Sky would be limited to 10 games by technical limitations. We won't know until it's R/E'd.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah but only after you reached 10 games at least this says so http://gbatemp.net/attachments/baows-png.11372/
pretty sure it just means you can add 4....then add another 4 and it wont be locked until you hit 10, i.e it doesnt get locked if you only put 4 on at first

Tell that to someone with a bricked 3DS ;). Half of this thread reads like Gateway fanboys circlejerking about how awesome Gateway is/how awful anything else will be. It is mildly annoying to read. Huntereb might not be one of the fans, but it wasn't directed explicitly at them.

Regardless, all of the speculation is unwarranted. No one knows how the cart works. Anyone implying that it has to be a DRM attempt to steal more money out of you is just ignorant or lying -- probably both. There are many potential circumstances where Sky would be limited to 10 games by technical limitations. We won't know until it's R/E'd.
news flash i bricked my 3DS plenty of times with a gateway....but more for science :P
anyways they have now clearly stated 4 times that its 10 games and thats it and yet everyone wants to just assume its lies.......what does that say about the drm, and it was already established that there is pretty much no technical reason for a 10 game limit

Reactions: Huntereb

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Tell that to someone with a bricked 3DS ;). Half of this thread reads like Gateway fanboys circlejerking about how awesome Gateway is/how awful anything else will be. It is mildly annoying to read.

I think you're right from what I can see (more towards the beginning of this thread, at least). Some people are acting like they should be jealous of this card, and keep posting all of the obvious flaws of it to make themselves feel better. I can't see most of it, with my list of like 20 "ignored" users.

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
DRM in piracy is just complete utter bullshit, and really not worth anyone's time or money.

Just buy the game if this is your only option.

Exactly, the Cobra USB and True-Blue for PS3 where prime examples of Piracy DRM when the whole time it could have been done for free when they were released.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, the Cobra USB and True-Blue for PS3 where prime examples of Piracy DRM when the whole time it could have been done for free when they were released.

Well, same could be said for any of the released 3DS flashcards. Gateway's firmware could easily read roms off the SD card, but it won't because of money.

Alexisss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
news flash i bricked my 3DS plenty of times with a gateway....but more for science :P

It isn't a brick if you can recover from it. And many people could not recover from it, IIRC. Either because they didn't have full firmware dump or they didn't have their system key. Imagine you bought a flashcart only to have it permanently destroy your 3DS. All because Gateway wanted to prevent people from stealing their ROP payload. You would be much more upset than Sky trying to limit it to 10 games per cart.

and it was already established that there is pretty much no technical reason for a 10 game limit

Did I miss something? O.o Is there already a full teardown and analysis of the Sky? I was under the impression no one has seen it outside of the 3 videos released, so I'm not really sure how anyone could come to such a conclusion, especially one that seems so absolute.

Reactions: cvskid

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
anyways they have now clearly stated 4 times that its 10 games and thats it and yet everyone wants to just assume its lies.......what does that say about the drm, and it was already established that there is pretty much no technical reason for a 10 game limit
I can imagine that the saves are stored on the card itself and that the team didn't think of a way to backup the saves (due to time or money problems or because reloading them onto the card/backing them up would take too long). We don't even know if the card can be updated somehow in the future.

/edit
It isn't a brick if you can recover from it. And many people could not recover from it, IIRC. Either because they didn't have full firmware dump or they didn't have their system key. Imagine you bought a flashcart only to have it permanently destroy your 3DS. All because Gateway wanted to prevent people from stealing their ROP payload. You would be much more upset than Sky trying to limit it to 10 games per cart.
The unbrick works without firmware dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy