Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Arras

I am counting aftermath of course. Gateway has emulation potential, this one have, well, no place emulation development. In any case, I am seeing this as a prototype, rather then a finished product due to its "up to 10 backups" policy.

Reactions: Idaho

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
after a second video it's even harder to think it's a fake...
i'll wait :) 10 games is far than enough for me since i already bought most of those i like

Well I don't mind the 10 games limit, what I mind is that you can't change those games after you copied them...

OscarRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I saw someone post an image screenshot via their iphone that shows sky3ds response to the 10 games and it seems they deleted it from the thread. From what I saw and read, here is some clarification:

"The 3DS will remember the 10 games you put on the chip. So no matter if you delete it, the system will remember it and therefore you will need to purchase another sky3ds if you want to add more games". However at the end of the email, I saw "You can switch games, just as long as you don't reach up to 10 games". Does this make any sense to anyone?

I'm just sharing what I saw and read :)

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I saw someone post an image screenshot via their iphone that shows sky3ds response to the 10 games and it seems they deleted it from the thread. From what I saw and read, here is some clarification:

"The 3DS will remember the 10 games you put on the chip. So no matter if you delete it, the system will remember it and therefore you will need to purchase another sky3ds if you want to add more games". However at the end of the email, I saw "You can switch games, just as long as you don't reach up to 10 games". Does this make any sense to anyone?

Damn those guys don't know a single thing about english, their website is so poorly written even a 7 years old would do a better job, it almost seems like they're using a shitty automated-translator every time they need to communicate with people or state something...

Reactions: f0rCe

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It wouldn't even surprise me if the 10 game thing wasn't intentional DRM, but a side effect of the way they store things like save files to make it seem legit to the 3DS.
that wouldnt really make much sense , even if it was like "10 save slots" there wouldnt really be any technical reason they couldnt get the FPGA to read out the save via SPI and store it to the SD and restore it before loading......plus there is different save sizes 128kb-512kb.....so surely they would say something like 10-40 games ......would sound much better to the customer, plus games like tomodachi life, pokemon, animal crossing are card2 and save to the rom.....so if they can simulate that(they already implied pokemon was playable) i'm sure they could simulate the SPI interface and redirect it to the SD, they could at least make it so it was like "rom1" "rom2"etc so if you replace "rom1" that save space would be given to the new game, game says save is corrupt and wipes it and you can change the games that way.......seems much more like the limit put in place on purpose to sell more cards

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

You mean this? http://gbatemp.net/threads/unconfir...y3ds-firmware-9-0.373155/page-30#post-5138516
I can read this, it's not deleted

Battosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, wtf is up with all these 1-5 post newbies/lurkers suddenly coming out from hibernation? Can't trust no one
CkyRCnC.gif
:ph34r: :gun:

I'm just posting the email I received buddy, I just want what everyone else does... a working flash cart. Been kicking myself for updating to play pokemon Y.. Still waiting on that same firmware.

I'll wait a month or so to see if a better flash cart surfaces, if not i'll buy one.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sky3ds.com seems it is hosted in IP with malicious software and adult/scorts sites.

Source: www.linker-sky3ds.com

WHOIS sky3ds.com :
IP address: 5.10.64.9
Host name: sky3ds.com
Alias: sky3ds.com
5.10.64.9 is from Canada(CA) in region North America

check http://5.10.64.9

Could be all FAKE ???

Probably more like someone purchased a cheap and cheerful hosting account as they do not need, nor indeed wish, to spend the funds on a big boy host.

Damn those guys don't know a single thing about english, their website is so poorly written even a 7 years old would do a better job, it almost seems like they're using a shitty automated-translator every time they need to communicate with people or state something...
Good thing electronics relies on physics then.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The limitation of "permanent" 10 games for each card is detrimental for this Sky3DS linker.
In addition, the system appears to be unable to be updatable too !

2 weak points that make this linker a comet without a future : watch it go into the sky and then disappear by itself...

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The limitation of "permanent" 10 games for each card is detrimental for this Sky3DS linker.
In addition, the system appears to be unable to be updatable too !

2 weak points that make this linker a comet without a future : watch it go into the sky and then disappear by itself...

Maybe some smarter people will clone it without these silly limitations...

OscarRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

I have to agree with you on that. I do business outside of the USA and they do use some horrible translating machine. Sometimes it takes me the entire day just to get an explanation out of them. So maybe it could be a mistake in translation. Once it comes out, I will purchase it and provide a youtube video to see if it's true about 10 games. I just want to make sure I add the 10 games I really want to play lol. Just to be safe lmfao

What I would like to know is who or which sites will be the official vendors of this chip. I know there's 2 so far that I have seen or heard but anymore sites or will it be just those mentioned earlier?

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, I really hope that 10 game limit is due to hardware / software and not DRM because otherwise they can screw themselves.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
All i see is A LOT of speculation regarding the 10 game limit.

You don't need to be a language lecturer at Harvard University to tell that the author of the F.A.Q first language is not english.

It's probably a bad translation. Pretty sure that part is supposed to mean something along the lines of "You will need to buy MORE SD card for SKY3DS"

My partner has english at a second language and some of the Thai-glish that she speaks is hilariously badly translated.

Reactions: Huntereb

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
All i see is A LOT of speculation regarding the 10 game limit.

You don't need to be a language lecturer at Harvard University to tell that the author of the F.A.Q first language is not english.

It's probably a bad translation. Pretty sure that part is supposed to mean something along the lines of "You will need to buy MORE SD card for SKY3DS"

My partner has english at a second language and some of the Thai-glish that she speaks is hilariously badly translated.
they have had 3 tries now to clear up the misunderstanding....and each time they make it more clear that it is 10 games per sky3ds card, and changing microSD cards will not allow you to change games....once yeah maybe a bad translation.....twice, maybe just some confusion.....three times i would say they probably know exactly what they mean
http://gbatemp.net/threads/unconfir...y3ds-firmware-9-0.373155/page-30#post-5138516

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
they have had 3 tries now to clear up the misunderstanding....and each time they make it more clear that it is 10 games per sky3ds card, and changing microSD cards will not allow you to change games....once yeah maybe a bad translation.....twice, maybe just some confusion.....three times i would say they probably know exactly what they mean
http://gbatemp.net/threads/unconfir...y3ds-firmware-9-0.373155/page-30#post-5138516

But this is far beyond illogical. Like, the circumvention of their seemingly DRM-ish limitation is so blatantly obvious, what would be the point of even implementing in the first place?

I'm standing by the 'misunderstanding in the pipeline somewhere' theory until further notice. Sorry.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But this is far beyond illogical. Like, the circumvention of their seemingly DRM-ish limitation is so blatantly obvious, what would be the point of even implementing in the first place?

I'm standing by the 'misunderstanding in the pipeline somewhere' theory until further notice. Sorry.

it means, you can change the games on the card, but it will remember which ones were used already... so when you got 7 games on it and started 3 of them, it remembers 3, you want to take down 2 and add 2 others (small micro sd for example), then start those 2 up, you are at 5 remembered, at this point you can still take down roms and add others, as long as you havent started up 10 different roms, yet
when you have started 10 different roms, you can remove and add roms as you want, but those new ones wont start up anymore, only those original 10, that you started already will work with this flashcard
so you can still switch roms on the card, as long as you didn't start up 10, that is what they meant, but once you start any game, it remembers it and removes 1 of your 10 max games
this is, how I understand their statement, this is my personal understanding, not an official statement by any team

edit: basically, you start a game, 1 of the 10 placeholders gets that ID or name or whatever imprinted with information regarding this game
so whenever you start a game, it checks, is the info already in one of the 10 place holders? if yes, then start it
if not, then write into another placeholder
if all 10 placeholders are occupied, refuse to start
so you will always be able to start the first 10 different roms, that you "imprinted" into it, but no others anymore

that's, what I interpret into this response:

Reactions: Judas18

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work