Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
They just tell me the approximate price,no other information. Some one has got the demo card. Works well. That's all.
The 10 roms maybe the limit of the SKY3DS,so sell more cards ?

This is exactly what we're trying to figure out.
For the underlined text, your post was useful though. Thx for the news.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
and everyone is still waiting for the free rom loader for the 4.x 3DS consoles, the industry is changing its all about maximizing profits.....clones yeah most probably, but then the clones would also think.....well we might as well limit it too so we can sell a bunch of card, we might see some try up the cap to like 15/20, but if they genuinely do lock it down i imagine any clones would follow suit

That is, if it actually succeeds in selling well. Let's hope this is fake and it doesn't...

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Id say is that yeas you have to buy another cart for other 10 games. Maybe because since is a 1:1 cart it might not save to the microSD but to a special memory that can hold up to 10 saves and thats it.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
there is just something deeply unsettling and unnatural seeing the cart slot in that position

I gotcha!
Almost disturbing, right! :)
Anyway

Id say is that yeas you have to buy another cart for other 10 games. Maybe because since is a 1:1 cart it might not save to the microSD but to a special memory that can hold up to 10 saves and thats it.

Right, but couldn't they add a little software layer and "direct" the saving to the SD or micro SD, just as GW does?

Crisp Cookie

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you look at the video you see that the card is complete instead of "a window" in the card.
Interesting, they probably using different hardware than gateway.

AdmissionBaned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I am a long time lurker if the price is right i wont mind buying it.

Its about 30-40 U.S for a 3ds game. if it is prices 60-80 you are like getting 8 free games i dont think i would need more than 2-3 anyway.

and LOL at the mewtwo guy who was saying its fake XD

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but going on past developments, gateway have always come through on their end of the deal.....personally i think the rarity of 4.x consoles is over exaggerated, the "how to find a 4.x 3ds" thread is as popular as ever with people still getting 4.x consoles pretty much every day, i think gateway has plenty of time before usable consoles dries up and even when it does and if they do just quit and leave, enough people know how it all work, im sure someone would step up and continue adding support for 4.x consoles even if the gateway card was left in the dust,

i think 4.x consoles offer a lot more in terms of future guarantees, and personally i wouldn't be one of the first rushing to buy a 9.x solution until we see if nintendo will block it within a couple of updates anyway, no exploit = no leeway , if it gets blocked it will almost certainly stay that way

how do we know that GW does not already have the same or similar method that sky does? remember GW and smea have been in communications and smea has delayed sspwn because of the new 3ds launch , so maybe GW have been holding on to a new exploit too and waiting for the new 3ds to be launched in all regions first and to get some what established before they wanted to release their new update for new fw's(possible new HW) this is what i would do if i were GW and had a new exploit ,i would not want to release it before any new 3ds exclusive titles are even released , i myself would upgrade to a new 3ds if GW or another card with similar features was released to work on it , if GW were smart they would hold it so they can advertise works on new 3ds and on larger existing library of new 3ds titles instead of releasing and have it get patched before any new 3ds exclusive must haves , maybe sky just beat them to a release probably a fly by bight that DGAF and just want to make a quick buck , seem like a bad strategy to release a 9.x card right now when new 3ds not out in all regions and no new 3ds exclusive library and like you said no shortage of 4.5 consoles yet

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
for me this card doesnt worth the money , buy a 3ds 4.5 and gateway and profit,no limit to games no lock in future updates etc ,bootleg cards and clones may occur but for the first victims er customers the cost doesnt worth it

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is a lot of aggressiveness about what's "best". If you own a 4.5 system, obviously stick with gateway. What's the issue?
The thing is, a lot of people are not willing to buy a second system, swap their system, take care of emunand, or having to give up from one week to one month of online play/eshop/new firmware waiting for GW's emunand support.

A lot of people also don't care about any gateway feature other than being able to play the games and nothing else. I can see a lot of people buying this even with the absurd 10 games limitation. As long as it saves them money, right? Kind of a similar argument for the GW card for many. The whole "pay for piracy" thing.

It feels like a lot of GW users are unnecessarily feeling "threatened" by this. But the two really are designed for different kinds of people. This is like the device for lazy pirates that value convenience more than GW users. Assuming it's even real.

(Besides, if the 10 game limit is infact DRM, it will likely be circumvented one way or another, not to mention the inevitable clones)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
$120 for a pirated cartridge? To hell with it! No way would I spend that much money on it.

I'd rather buy the original games (with their respective boxes & covers) instead and they're really not that expensive any more, besides they cost less than home console games.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I gotcha!
Almost disturbing, right! :)
Anyway

Right, but couldn't they add a little software layer and "direct" the saving to the SD or micro SD, just as GW does?
Maybe its not like a DRM from their part. Maybe they didnt wanted to do that but in order to the cart be a 1:1 cart it has to be like that? So also Nintendo could not patch it so easily or the 3DS/New3DS couldnt detect it

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There is a lot of aggressiveness about what's "best". If you own a 4.5 system, obviously stick with gateway. What's the issue?
The thing is, a lot of people are not willing to buy a second system, swap their system, take care of emunand, or having to give up from one week to one month of online play/eshop/new firmware waiting for GW's emunand support.

A lot of people also don't care about any gateway feature other than being able to play the games and nothing else. I can see a lot of people buying this even with the absurd 10 games limitation. As long as it saves them money, right? Kind of a similar argument for the GW card for many. The whole "pay for piracy" thing.

It feels like a lot of GW users are unnecessarily feeling "threatened" by this. But the two really are designed for different kinds of people. This is like the device for lazy pirates that value convenience more than GW users. Assuming it's even real.

(Besides, if the 10 game limit is infact DRM, it will likely be circumvented one way or another, not to mention the inevitable clones)
i point what is obvious i do not have shares of gateway , i find your points not well placed as i did say in the end of my context if i had no flashcard i would wait to see actual product and clones,either way i pointed what is smarter to do if you feel you want something now...

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
here is why i think the sky3ds is limited to 10 games: in order for the sky3ds to be detected as genuine 3ds game cartridge it has to have very similar hardware inside of it & since the memory chip inside the 3ds retail cartridges is so small it only has enough space for 10 game saves.

this is what i think anyway. :)

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
here is why i think the sky3ds is limited to 10 games: in order for the sky3ds to be detected as genuine 3ds game cartridge it has to have very similar hardware inside of it & since the memory chip inside the 3ds retail cartridges is so small it only has enough space for 10 game saves.

this is what i think anyway. :)

And if you put 10 CARD2 roms on the uSD card ? :)

Reactions: Woodbin

Woodbin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And if you put 10 CARD2 roms on the uSD card ? :)
Damn, you stole it from me, just wanted to say this.

Until we get our hands on it we can only speculate. I personaly think there's some eeprom inside and Sky3ds team had a reason to not make it erasable (even if this reason is just to sell more cards). But I think it will be possible to use R4 dongle or similiar reading device to flash it.

Give people time, people will give you results. It is possible that the card will get released and in a month we'll see it hacked, flashed, reverese-engineered by Gateway Team and used as a coaster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍