Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
im guessing the delay between changing games and it loading up could be the card changing the save on the SPI chip before handing control over to the 3DS, if this is a 1:1 clone the save interface would have to be the same unless the FPGA was simulating it directly from the SD

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Densetsu. I read elsewhere that they have now posted not only the video but also the feature list that is on the Sky3DS site, to the K3DS site as well.

FrankVVV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If it still can't play eshop games or games from other regions, I guess I will need a Gateway and Sky3ds card (if it's for real).

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that list they say "you would need more cards for more games anyway". I think they mean more memory cards to put more games on based on that. Maybe the 10 game limit is because their hardware, say the chip holding the header information for the games, will only hold 10 headers and that is why the 10 game limit. Sounds like they are using a software loader to switch to a different header and reload the 3DS with each press of the switch, basically like physically switching out retail cartridges to switch games. Press the switch and it loads the next header, press the switch load the next header, etc, etc. That would explain the time gap between loading titles. The button soft resets and switches headers simultaneously? Maybe a software limit like the program or loader only has space left open to fill in 10 headers.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i wouldnt expect too much in regards to the new3ds exclusives.....iirc the card encryption is different

Yeah, I'm not expecting too much, not actually planning on getting the New 3DS unless there's an exclusive game I really want to play, chances are Gateway will figure something out by then anyway, even if it's a completely new card.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Review for K3DS:
"This program is really awsome boys and girls it lets us run all 3ds games, 10 out of 5 stars from me and the whale in my pants!"
This was the exact wording.
a review from who lol...sounds like someone taking the piss, and they already said they only just started production

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's an awful lot of scaremongering in this thread.

You won't have to buy a new cartridge every time you hit the 10 game max. The cartridge uses MicroSD, they clearly mean that you will have to swap in a different MicroSD card. It's just a translation error.

Reactions: Judas18

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
There's an awful lot of scaremongering in this thread.

You won't have to buy a new cartridge every time you hit the 10 game max. The cartridge uses MicroSD, they clearly mean that you will have to swap in a different MicroSD card. It's just a translation error.
i dont think its scaremongering, more just "wait till you know the facts before you buy it", yeah its probably a goof on their side, but there is also the possibility they are using some sort of restriction to sell more cards....especially since they where asked what they meant and again said you would need more sky3ds cards after you hit the 10 game limit despite already using the term microSD in the same sentence........so its not like they dont know what microSD cards are and call them sky3ds cards.....again probably a mistake.....potentially a restriction, until someone actually has the card to do a review i doubt we will get much more sense out of them

gtm22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
idk if someone already did this but i mailed about the 10 games limitation per card and this was their response
F28.png

sorry for my pain inducing english

Reactions: Steena

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: although a bit ashamed