New 3DS Cant update.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Loko4, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Loko4
    OP

Loko4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Hi guys, I already downgraded dozes of 3ds but I found a error unique.

I get a new 3ds xl red in a 9.6U version , tried to update in settings to 11.2 however it gives me a error and restart the console.

So I updated to 9.9 using a cartridge of zelda and tried again to update in settings but gives me the same error.

Finally I installed arm9+luma in 9.9 with soundhax, restored sysnand keeping arm9 and installed fbi, etc. The procedure was fine like any other else.

However it keeps avoiding update.
    - Tried update using settings but give me the same error.
    - Tried update using Title Manager Bigbluebox with 11.2 cias, but after the end of install when restart console gives me the error: "An error has occurred: Failed to get the CTRNAND FIRM. Press any button to shutdown", so I need backup the nand again to 9.9
    - Tried to update in recovery mode, turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad).

By the way I know that updates cias are fine cause I always update using this file, and it is not a dns error ou any problem with the internet because in the same day I updated other two 3ds.

Any help would be welcome.

2. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    Was the console hacked before this? Do any other online functions fail?

If all else fails a ctr transfer using the 11.2 filed should update you without issue.

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    noX1609 likes this.
  4. Loko4
    OP

Loko4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Tried, returned 9.9 to 9.2 however it gives the same error.

The online function is working cause dowload the payloads to open homebrew, I cant acesse browser and eshop withou update.

I cant say for sure about was hacked, but I believe that not.

About the ctr transfer 11.2 where I can find or create? Thanks

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Have you tried using sysupdater?

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  6. rickycoe123

rickycoe123 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2014
    This happened to me, I restored my 9.2 nand and started form there again.

7. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Make sure you aren't using a DNS server, either on the 3DS or your router, that blocks Nintendo's update servers.

8. Loko4
    OP

Loko4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Yes, give the same error after update is complete, An error has occurred: Failed to get the CTRNAND FIRM. Press any button to shutdown

It is not a DNS, I'm sure, otherwise update offline is wasnt give a error too.

You tried update offline too and give error? Cause I already restored the nand over and over.

I was thinking to remove the arm9 and make a downgrade to 9.2, but I unsure if it will work or soft brick, cause I cant update from recovery mode.

9. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Where exactly does it stop?
    If it just repeatedly stops, but gets a bit further each time, it could just be a buggy WiFi card. You can just keep retrying and eventually it will finish

Quantumcat likes this.
  10. Loko4
    OP

Loko4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Never start run the bar, I understand what you talking, when a update stop in half on the 3ds it restart, but when you resume it begin where it stopped. I'm glad for the help but that is not the problem.