Hacking new 3ds, awaiting dstwo advice

dino01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right guys

i have just bought a 3ds today to play zelda but have ordered a dstwo card and read stuff about the dstwo cards bricking so wanted your advice, currently my 3ds is still on 1.1.0-0E and wanted to know can i update it even tho i don't have my dstwo card yet or should i leave it until i get my dstwo so i can update my dstwo card on my 3ds, also i dont have any other ds's so i can only update on my 3ds

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's technically possible to update the DS2 even on 3DS2.0 However it's somewhat risky and not recommended. Since your 3DS is on 1.0 you should stay there for now if possible, update the DS2 once you get it, then upgrade to 3DS 2.0.

dino01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
doyama said:
It's technically possible to update the DS2 even on 3DS2.0 However it's somewhat risky and not recommended. Since your 3DS is on 1.0 you should stay there for now if possible, update the DS2 once you get it, then upgrade to 3DS 2.0.

cheers that what i thought would be best to do, so once i get my dstwo, i just stick the update on the microsd card update the ds2 and then update the 3ds???

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
uhm... it's not that I want to make you cry but...
My DSTWO didn't work on the original firmware of the 3DS.
So I HAD to use my DSi to upgrade it. Then I put it into my 3DS and well... it worked, and I could upgrade it to 2.0. ^^

So I wonder how you guys updated your DSTWO's on your 3DS system... xD

Well in the worst case you'll have to borrow an older system from a friend for a few minutes, but I'm not so sure about the new firmware for the DSi and the original DSTWO either. ^^"

I have kept my DSL for any case. Even got a non updated DSi and my updated DSi XL...
So well... if it won't work find someone with a DSL best x)

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kuschel-Drow said:
So I HAD to use my DSi to upgrade it. Then I put it into my 3DS and well... it worked, and I could upgrade it to 2.0. ^^

Well in the worst case you'll have to borrow an older system from a friend for a few minutes, but I'm not so sure about the new firmware for the DSi and the original DSTWO either. ^^"

I have kept my DSL for any case. Even got a non updated DSi and my updated DSi XL...

Odd I thought the SDSC2 worked out of the box on the 3DS? Could be wrong. Either way he can upgrade on 2.0 via the other method, which is slightly scarier but still officially sanctioned.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
New DSTWOs should work out of the box at least on 3DS v1, especially if the 3DS capability was advertised by the seller. Perhaps Kuschel-Drow's DSTWO was not as new?

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
doyama said:
Kuschel-Drow said:

Odd I thought the SDSC2 worked out of the box on the 3DS? Could be wrong. Either way he can upgrade on 2.0 via the other method, which is slightly scarier but still officially sanctioned.
It depends on the seller, some sellers flash the cards before shipping them, others don't.

Woodhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on what card you will get ,Some resellers have already started selling the pre flashed card, if you get one of them , you dont need to update your card ,just update your 3DS to 2.1.0-3 and then use the DSTwo . if you get the old card , then you need to update the DSTwo first and remember do not update your 3DS before you update your card !
wink.gif

dino01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woodhouse said:
Depends on what card you will get ,Some resellers have already started selling the pre flashed card, if you get one of them , you dont need to update your card ,just update your 3DS to 2.1.0-3 and then use the DSTwo . if you get the old card , then you need to update the DSTwo first and remember do not update your 3DS before you update your card !
wink.gif

well woodhouse, i am getting the card from xpertron, who are listed on the supercard site as dealers of the dstwo, i will find out shortly what needs to be done and im sure the lovely people on here will help me get it all up and running.

bow.gif

dino01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right guys got my dstwo now, can someone please point me in the direction f some instructions to get my 3ds and dstwo both as up to date as possible and which order to update them

cheers in advance guys

bow.gif

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
dino01 said:
right guys got my dstwo now, can someone please point me in the direction f some instructions to get my 3ds and dstwo both as up to date as possible and which order to update them

cheers in advance guys

bow.gif

get the following files

DStwo Frimware update 1.12
DS Two Latest OS 1.11

extract both files to SD card on DStwo

place in 3DS

DStwo will promt you to press A to update

once update finsihed DStwo is up to date

then go to setting on 3DS

options

4 menu to left

system update

will update to 2.1 -0.3

bam all done

copy you nds backups to DStwo to play

dino01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
dino01 said:

cheers in advance guys

bow.gif

get the following files

DS Two Latest OS 1.11

place in 3DS

options

4 menu to left

system update

will update to 2.1 -0.3

bam all done

thank you very much sir but i think th dstwop is already up to date as it didnt prompt mew to update anything?? - scrap that didnt know you had to put the update file in the root of the microsd card!!!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
dino01 said:
Pong20302000 said:
dino01 said:

cheers in advance guys

bow.gif

get the following files

DS Two Latest OS 1.11

place in 3DS

options

4 menu to left

system update

will update to 2.1 -0.3

bam all done

thank you very much sir but i think th dstwop is already up to date as it didnt prompt mew to update anything?? - scrap that didnt know you had to put the update file in the root of the microsd card!!!

yea, why i said just extract both to the SD card

should work fine on 2.1.-0.3 once updated

dino01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
dino01 said:
Pong20302000 said:
dino01 said:

cheers in advance guys

bow.gif

get the following files

DS Two Latest OS 1.11

place in 3DS

options

4 menu to left

system update

will update to 2.1 -0.3

bam all done

yea, why i said just extract both to the SD card

should work fine on 2.1.-0.3 once updated

yea i extracted them to the micro sd card just didn't take it out of the folder saying eng, haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)