New 2ds xl screens stays black when booting

MaitreBeurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know this problem has already posted many times but for my case I know the problem source

See, blue light battery stay on, and splash screen appears. But nothing happens after that. This was happened when I've deleted a NAND file on FBI (red-coloured file in [title] file, just below blue games title. I'm certain this is the cause of the black screen)

Yeah, I'm stupid for doing that, all you want, the truth is I believed that file is a custom home menu I tried to delete.

My question is, you guys think I can refound this file ?

Tysm

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know this problem has already posted many times but for my case I know the problem source

See, blue light battery stay on, and splash screen appears. But nothing happens after that. This was happened when I've deleted a NAND file on FBI (red-coloured file in [title] file, just below blue games title. I'm certain this is the cause of the black screen)

Yeah, I'm stupid for doing that, all you want, the truth is I believed that file is a custom home menu I tried to delete.

Tysm
It might have been a custom home menu, but you can only have one home menu at a time, so if you uninstall it, you are left with no home menu (obviously bad)
You can perform a ctrtransfer to fix it.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html
If you have issues with the download, the ctrtransfer images are also on archive.org.

Reactions: MaitreBeurre

MaitreBeurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Got it, just recovering my console thanks to ctrtransfer. Although, no game recovered in the home menu, it's normal ? The website told me this tuto won't affect games and saves

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got it, just recovering my console thanks to ctrtransfer. Although, no game recovered in the home menu, it's normal ? The website told me this tuto won't affect games and saves
This probably depends on what you deleted on NAND (Game database? Entire user profile?).
Standard CTRTransfer repairing file based damaged isn't surprising, but I would have tried other options first.

MaitreBeurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The file is named ? ? ? and have a package as profile picture
ID : 0004001000022A00
Media type NAND
version 6155 (6.0.11)
product code : CTR-N-HCBP
Region : europe, australia
size : 3.45 MiB
Post automatically merged:

Update : It seems games are still tickets, I can found them on the [tickets] file on the FBI main menu. But I can only deleting them if I press A button

Last edited by MaitreBeurre,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Standard procedure in cases like this is to connect the SD card to your PC, copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the test is okay. Sometimes just copying everything off and back will solve the problem.

You should also check if you have multiple ID1 folders.

MaitreBeurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Standard procedure in cases like this is to connect the SD card to your PC, copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the test is okay. Sometimes just copying everything off and back will solve the problem.

You should also check if you have multiple ID1 folders.
Just done this and nothing happens
But my sd card have 48 gb used so I know these games are here

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you also check if you have multiple ID1 folders?

Inside your Nintendo 3DS folder there should be one folder with a long random name. (That is your "ID0" folder.) How many folders are inside that folder?

MaitreBeurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I tried to check that
There are 3 files. One called private and 2 long files as you said
Either of these two can be conserved ? I suppose I have to delete one
Post automatically merged:

Dunno if this usefull but here the names
bb706d9afdb74f7e8f58e238e2c17597
bdbf103e42593814f45a6c11b91e4015

Last edited by MaitreBeurre,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you put your SD card back into your 3DS before you copied the files to the empty card? Because that's what causes the creation of extra ID1 folders.

One of those has all your games, and the other one should be mostly empty. Just move the mostly-empty one to somewhere else on the SD card and see if that fixes it. (You can delete it afterwards.)

MaitreBeurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In other words, if I put the empty sd card into the 3ds ? No, that's crazy

So I put the empty one away, and the 43 gb file is staying with the private one. Still nothing in the home menu

Is there another step I forgot ? All the tickets are in the ticket folder on the FBI main menu

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you still have your backup from when you copied all the files off the card? Does the backup also have two ID1 folders?

Unless someone has a better idea, at this point I might suggest the "Rebuild database" functionality of the CTR Transfer Type D9 script.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543

Notice that this script does many different unrelated things and in this case we would be interested strictly in the "Relisting or rebuilding the 3DS database files" functionality.

MaitreBeurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Games doesn't appear in gm9 and systems settings
I guess my games will be tickets forever lol

But you know what ? That's fine, my first problem was resolved and I still can redowload games in the freeshop. I've recovered my home menu that is the source of all of this. All I've lost is my saves that are no THAT important (except the harvest moons one, but I'll take it for a consequence)

Plus, as a CIA, I suppose dowloading tickets is a risk to recover that damn custom home menu. So I think I can close this thread. I really appreciated your help and patience. I've lost a barely worked valley, I earned knowledges and my DS works again. The deal sounds as a win !

Thanks you very much again !

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All I've lost is my saves that are no THAT important (except the harvest moons one, but I'll take it for a consequence)
You can absolutely recover your save data. It's not even very difficult in this case.

I don't know what version of Harvest Moon you're talking about, but if it's the E version of A New Beginning, then according to https://hax0kartik.github.io/3dsdb/ the title ID is 00040000000EAE00 . That means the game data is stored in Nintendo 3DS\[id0]\[id1]\title\00040000\000EAE00 ; it should have a ".sav" name.

I don't know exactly what will happen when you redownload the game, but you can copy that .sav file from your backup to that folder and it should work. (Things are more problematic if the encryption key changes or if you're dealing with one of the Pokemon games.)

MaitreBeurre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's an european version of lost valley. So If I move the .sav it can apply to new CIA ?
I will test with a VC game quick to download

lucie2410

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Tysm
I have the same problem can you help me ? What have you done to have your ds back ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist