Hacking New 2ds xl hack-able?

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not entirely against video guides, but one's like this shouldn't be used. Instead of giving a link to the actual github for NTRBootHaX, he provides his own zip. I would never trust anything downloaded from a YouTube video. That and I feel like there should always be a disclaimer like "subject to changes, please refer to (3DS.guide)"

Seems trusted, dose many videos, but get you'r point about linking to github, are give credit at lest even if added his own .zip , and yes that other strep too.

But it gives a clear good guild, even if you wish to use your own files from github, just learning how to compile latest versions of my own in MSYS2 program, seems to work so far.

I might buy this card, and give it a go on N2DSXL fw 11.5

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: Majickhat55

bar1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi,
I am currently looking to buy a new DS.
I slightly leading toward the new 2ds xl but worried it'll be a problem loading a custom firmware on it.

I have this old r4 cartilage (probably fake?)
Please see attached pic... do you guys thing it'll work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170824_160252.png
    Screenshot_20170824_160252.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 151

ElementalityDE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have a DS phat/lite or another hacked 3ds/2ds then you can get either. If all you have is the unhacked n3DS XL then get the R4i.

You require either of the following:
1. Your unhacked system and the R4i.
2. (your unhacked system) AND (A hacked 3ds/2ds OR a DS phat/lite) AND (an Ak2i)

With the r4, you can't use it as both as a flash cart and a ntrboot cart at the same time.

I have an Acekard 2i (HW-81) N2DSXL on 11.5, a DSi XL (where the Acekard boots normally with the most recent update) and a magnet. Putting the N2DSXL manually in sleep-mode works.
When i plug the Acekard into my N2DS and start it, it says "Please turn off your device blablabla".
So i need to flash my Acekard with my DSi? How do i do that?

heo_123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since I am not really lucky on nds-card site . Is there any suggestion for new site to purchase this card R4i RTS in Canada?

bomboy2121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I'm not entirely against video guides, but one's like this shouldn't be used. Instead of giving a link to the actual github for NTRBootHaX, he provides his own zip. I would never trust anything downloaded from a YouTube video. That and I feel like there should always be a disclaimer like "subject to changes, please refer to (3DS.guide)"
but is the tuturial good? or did he made any mistakes?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Since I am not really lucky on nds-card site . Is there any suggestion for new site to purchase this card R4i RTS in Canada?

If you live in/around Toronto, I can install boot9strap for you. I have a borked Acekard 2i that I use to do custom firmware installations.

Reactions: heo_123

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its obvious that one day it will be out of date, but is it good for now?
most of the time them guides are out of date hours or even a day after they post them if you would like to go by his guide Don't! (but you can look at the video to get an ideal on how it all works) but all the files you need need to download for it get here https://3ds.guide (also even if you seen that video don't go by it do a lot of reading on the guide and you will be good).

Last edited by leerpsp,

bar1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi,
I am currently looking to buy a new DS.
I slightly leading toward the new 2ds xl but worried it'll be a problem loading a custom firmware on it.

I have this old r4 cartilage (probably fake?)
Please see attached pic... do you guys thing it'll work?
anyone...?

heo_123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone...?
Lastest firmware I believe is 11.5.0 and it is also hackable with the latest method from ntrboot. Just follow the video guide in this topic or 3ds.guide to learn more. For now, only 2 cards can work with this method. Acekard 2i and r4i Gold 3DS RTS
http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=160

I am still curious how people make the 11.5.0 work with Acekard since latest firmware it can support is 4.3.0 so the best is to get r4i Gold 3ds RTS and start in here https://3ds.guide/ntrboot
That's all I know.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For me, they used, <snip>
You should remove that. They purposely don't want their PayPal address to be traceable to their business, otherwise PayPal could find out and terminate the account. The chances of PayPal browsing this forum are slim, but someone could see this and report the address to them.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat