New: 1644 - Dragonball Z Bukuu Tougeki

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything different with this language version than with the other DBZ games?
What music is playing, Japanese, English, or Korean voices etc.

Asha Kai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DemonStar...please try and post one thing that doesn't make me think your a complete dick.
How your not on some kind of ban (after being repeatedly told not to do the "first post" crap, plus mocking admins and being generaly obnoxious) I will never know.

NeoShweaty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcomp, kanji is japanese cause it is simplified chinese characters. See the japanese borrowed and changed it just enough to make it theirs

Kyuketsuki_M

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xcomp, kanji is japanese cause it is simplified chinese characters. See the japanese borrowed and changed it just enough to make it theirs
Don't call kanji simplified or I'll tear more of my hair out
laugh.gif
But you're right, it is!

Demonstar.......
rolleyes.gif

Kyuketsuki_M

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are, except I've never used them myself and their awful. It's very hard to understand the English after you've put the Japanese through the translator (sentence structure is the wrong way around...as you'd expect).

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there anything different with this language version than with the other DBZ games?
What music is playing, Japanese, English, or Korean voices etc.
Well, I haven't heard any Korean voices just all the original Japanese ones. The music is original too with the Head Cha La theme song at the start. Other than that, the names are localized obviously.

Off topic....there is some translation tools Japanese > English (or French)?
Yes there is. Most people here use Babelfish to do it but as Kyuketsuki-san says, it comes out jumbled. But you can usually work out the main ideas...

QUOTE(NeoShweaty @ Sep 11 2004, 11:31 PM)
That's not exactly true. Kanji is a mix of both Traditional and Simplified Chinese characters today although a some have been simplified by the Japanese's own way. Most however, remain in their traditional form such as ? even though it could be simplified to only its bottom half. An example of simplified characters used in both China and Japan today would be 'Gakkou' ??.

You catch quite a lot of other traditional characters that you don't normally see still being used today. Especially in older text or even Manga based in the Sengoku Era. I know this because I'm familiar with both Chinese and Japanese. I've seen quite a lot of posts about such Kanji in forums because people can't find them in their regular Japanese dictionaries. I don't know if Kyuketsuki-san does this but for the Japanese I know, they need to use their own "special" Chinese - Japanese dictionaries once in a while. I remember a Japanese wrote a word using the character ?, the traditional character for ? and someone made a post because they couldn't find it in the online Japanese dictionaries or their own book.

K

KaliKot

THe differences are:
is the music from the jap or the us version?
is the voices from the jap or the us version?

the eur version had the us music but the jap voices

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Really, It Depends what Translation you use. Becuad the two languages are so different, you could about 5-6 different translations from the same Japanese Title.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Japanese game titles don't get translated but Romanized so this Korean game should get the same treatment. And as Golgotha says, the Korean title is DragonBall Z: Mwugong T'wugeuk as I mentioned earlier. "Mwugong T'wugeuk" is basically the Sino Korean pronunciation of Bukuu Tougeki.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: lemme ask in forums