'World War Z: Aftermath' launches today on PC, PS4 and Xbox One

wwz aftermath.JPG

The upgraded version of co-op zombie shooter World War Z launches today on PC (Epic Games Store and Steam), PS4, Xbox One, and supports backwards compatibility on PS5 and Xbox Series X at 4K|60 FPS. In addition to 4K|60 FPS support on new systems, World War Z: Aftermath brings a new first-person mode, story episodes and melee gameplay. The launch trailer released today showcases some of the game's features:

World War Z: Aftermath lets you play with up to three friends (with full cross-play between PC and consoles) or on your own with AI teammates. Take on hordes of ravenous zombies in two totally new story campaign episodes set in the city of Rome (including Vatican City) and Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka peninsula.

Key features of World War Z: Aftermath include:
  • New Ways to Fight: Experience the heart-pounding immersion of Aftermath’s optional first-person mode and decimate the undead with a brutal new melee system featuring two-handed and dual-wield weapons like the sickle, cleaver, fire axe and sledgehammer.
  • New Battles from a World at War: Fend for your life and make a stand against the swarm in two thrilling new story episodes — take back Vatican City in an epic confrontation in Rome, and join forces with survivors in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka region.
  • Deep Hero Progression: Level up eight unique classes, each with their own perks, including the new Vanguard class, armed with an electrified shield that plows through hordes with devastating efficiency. Customize your weapons and conquer new daily missions with special modifiers for bonus rewards.
  • The Complete World War Z Experience: Aftermath includes all content from World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, including full episodes in New York, Moscow, Marseille, Jerusalem and Tokyo.
  • Play With Friends Anywhere: Aftermath supports up to four-player co-op with full cross-play between consoles and PC, including the Epic Games Store and Steam.
  • The Next Generation of Zombie Action: Play in glorious 4K|60 FPS on next-gen systems. Endure hundreds more zombies on screen than ever before possible in the new Horde Mode XL, coming exclusively to PC, PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S in a free post-launch update.
World War Z: Aftermath is available today for $39.99, but owners of the original World War Z can upgrade to Aftermath for $19.99 on their respective platforms. The "true next-generation edition" of World War Z: Aftermath is expected to officially launch on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S in 2022 with a free upgrade and other enhancements, including the new Horde Mode XL.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Zombie game in current space year? Much less one based on a franchise mostly known for an awful but seemingly money spinner film.

Hopefully it takes after the zombie survival guide more than other things, did actually read that at one point and it was quite amusing.

Reactions: LeeNose

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just upgraded. Nice price. Plays like L4D in first person. Not a bad thing.

Outside of Horde XL mode, I wonder what the other next-gen enhancements they are going to be adding in "early 2022" are. 4K 30fps w/ ray tracking mode? 1080p 120hz mode? I would assume something along those lines.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course, why not exclusivity inside a platform? or what? u afraid of downloading a new launcher for each game? huh?/??//

First off, you're the one that made the comments about Epic store and needing a broader audience. Not me. Secondly, they're adding Steam to the Epic release... not adding Epic to the Steam release. Pretty certain most PC gamers already have Steam installed and you're acting like it's the other way around. Third, why would you question me being afraid to install more than one launcher? I already have them all installed. Steam, Epic, Xbox, EA, you name it. Last but not least... your reply doesn't even make sense in the context of my OP. None. Notta. Zero. Ziltch. Are you for or agasint the Steam release? Because your posts indicate a flip-flop.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,
Reactions: Ace001

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First off, you're the one that made the comments about Epic store and needing a broader audience. Not me. Secondly, they're adding Steam to the Epic release... not adding Epic to the Steam release. Pretty certain most PC gamers already have Steam installed and you're acting like it's the other way around. Third, why would you question me being afraid to install more than one launcher? I already have them all installed. Steam, Epic, Xbox, EA, you name it. Last but not least... your reply doesn't even make sense in the context of my OP. None. Notta. Zero. Ziltch. Are you for or agasint the Steam release? Because your posts indicate a flip-flop.
Whoa didn't expected the wall of text, calm down little guy, it was just sarcasm, yeah, go figure by my posts like you did. The launcher instalation part was just quoting some epic knights out there.
I'm not for or against releases of any game in particular, i'm against the aggresive exclusivity that epic does. That's it.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa didn't expected the wall of text, calm down little guy, it was just sarcasm, yeah, go figure by my posts like you did. The launcher instalation part was just quoting some epic knights out there.
I'm not for or against releases of any game in particular, i'm against the aggresive exclusivity that epic does. That's it.

That's a wall of text? LOL! I can direct you to actual walls of text here on gbatemp if you need some examples. And "calm down"? :lol: Have anything original, chuckles? Or nah?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over