New: 1458 - Mario Golf Advance Tour (J)

cerberus

Trophies
Website
www.gbarealm.com
XP
Country
dry.gif
Finally a decent release after all the crap this month!

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish Camelot would refrain from using that dire voice effect. It is very annoying, and there is no way to turn it off unlike in Golden Sun.
mad.gif

-mrc-

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well i havent played it allready.. its once again a stupid game... i allready pressed 20 times this fucking a-button. i havent seen any golf-screen....

So why all thoose companies invest so much time in there story-mode ?

If this should ever be trained maybe somebody could skip that shit...

i just wanna play golf and not getting an ill by reading shit i cant understand

zloty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i havent played it allready.. its once again a stupid game... i allready pressed 20 times this fucking a-button. i havent seen any golf-screen....

So why all thoose companies invest so much time in there story-mode ?

If this should ever be trained maybe somebody could skip that shit...

i just wanna play golf and not getting an ill by reading shit i cant understand
worst.post.ever

you know you're an idiot, nintendo make a japanese game intended for JAPANESE PEOPLE, and you're pissed off cause u can't understand it. hmmmmm, could it be because you're German? or u speak english? arent you playing this for free? does you're opinion count for EVERYONE that plays video games? surely 'thoose companies' invest so much time in story-mode for a reason.......maybe its because most non-idiot gamers LIKE them?

piss me off i tell u

Regal_Warrior

Oh my god. Its the lord of pie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
right on zloty.

Anywayz this game looks like fun, and it does kind of look like N64 graphics, in fact from what I saw in GI there are a couple more coming out with equivilent graphics, don't remeber which one, just remeber saying "wow some of now they're making games with graphics almost as good as N64, why'd they wait so long"

I was very excited about this release and now it is released.

bandidoquest

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
*stand with the arms folded*

GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD.
I loved to play Mario Golf on GBC, and I'm 99% sure that I'll love to play on GBA too

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if you realise, but once you have your character set up, and you went through the intial scene in that building, you should gain control of your character.

Press Start, then select the last option to exit this part. You'll come to the Game Selection screen which will give you various play modes

Top row: Story - Quick Game - Multi play

Bottom Row: Status - Options - Golf Dictionary

Story: Club Lodge - Singles Tournement - Doubles Cup - Singles Match - Doubles Match - Character Data

Quick Game: Pick Player - Stroke - Character Match - Doubles - Speed Golf - Club Slot - Gate Shot - Near Pin Contest - Training

Multi Play: Self Explanitory

Options: Self Explanitory

Golf Dictionary: Gives you a rundown of golf terms and all things related to golf in alphabetical order.

Hope this is useful to the Japanese challenged
smile.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dry.gif
 Finally a decent release after all the crap this month!
And I presume by crap you mean "terrible" games like Rockman Zero 3, Kirby and CT Special Forces 3, hmm...

Anyway keeping on topic...to be honest I'm looking forward to pick this one up...golf wise the last enjoyable games I played (No I never owned mazza Golf on the GBC or N64) were infact the PGA Tour games on the Genesis/Megadrive...now they were dam good games. Mario Golf being about all about Mazza though and of course being developed by Camelot should make this a lot more enjoyable though...man I can't wait for this to come out in English of course. I really hope we see something of Mario Tennis for the GBA if it's in development...(Tennis is better than golf no?).

smile.gif

dotKite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not the type who usually plays sports games, Golf especially, but I think I might give this game a chance... After all, it's a Mario game and I still own the original along with Mario Tennis for the N64. I also own the original GBC Mario Tennis as well... They're probably the only sports games I own. :-|

I'll be waiting for June's English release, but I will download it and play a few courses, just to see if it's as good as the N64 version.
happy.gif

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations -mrc-, I think zloty is right, you really have made the worst post ever. I've seen some bad ones since I've been here, but your's really takes the cake.

And I'd have to agree with Fission on the voices. It doesn't bother me so much, it's just that it makes me feel like I'm playing Golden Sun. I played through both of those games, and hearing that voice effect immediately makes the game feel like Golden Sun.

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd rather play as Mario or someone like than then these generic people. Also i don't like Camelot. The way the overworld map looks in Golden Sun is used here and I thought it was ugly. Golden Sun was a crappy game.

Maybe Nintendo should have handed this game to a better developer like Intelligent Systems.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd rather play as Mario or someone like than then these generic people. Also i don't like Camelot. The way the overworld map looks in Golden Sun is used here and I thought it was ugly. Golden Sun was a crappy game.

Maybe Nintendo should have handed this game to a better developer like Intelligent Systems.
Well Mario and co are playable in everything excluding the RPG mode and considering I've only just started the RPG mode prehaps they are in there...who knows.

Oh and what's wrong with Camelot? They make some decent games are they're pretty fast coders. Golden Sun...bad?! Gah...*wonders if this guy actually likes any RPGs* well that's your opinion I guess but I myself find that hard to swallow...great graphics and music, decent sized quest with some nice original features and a very solid engine...minus the generic storyline it doesn't have anything going against it.

Anyway back onto Mario Golf...yeah I knew Camelot were using the Golden Sun engine but I'm very suprised just how similar they made the game...it certainly isn't a bad thing and gives it that RPG feel (if a little too much), but in all honesty even if they weren't going to change the style of the graphics or music Camelot didn't have to keep some of the same graphics or sound in the game. It's just the RPG bits and the golfing bits seem very abstract to each other and don't quite share the the same style...it's like they're seperate games in a way.

As for the overworld...well Mode 7 has it's fair share of limitations, personally I think Camelot have done a pretty good job though I wish they would move away from the Golden Sun palette options and style.

Still I'm looking forward to the English version just to see how Golden Sun 3...opps I mean the RPG mode in Mario Golf turns out to be.

p.s Aren't Intelligent Systems busy working on Paper Mario 2 for the GC...not to mention Camelot are the ones who have coded all the Mario Tennis and Golf games so far.

smile.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's Golden Sun... I never played that game because of those "bouncy" heads and the expression bubbles. It was kind of irritating along with the speech.

Anyway, this game's not bad. I like the RPG element in it on how you can walk around the whole club house freely and do what you would in an RPG. Find items, improve your stats etc. The golf game's pretty easy so far though.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/bmgj/index.html

Quick start guide for anyone who doesn't know Japanese:

1. Pick your character: Female / Male
2. The arm you strike with: Left / Right
3. Is your stats OK? Yes / No.
4. Your name. Bottom-right to confirm. (Default: Neil)
5. Meet the 4 apprentices - Neil, Ella, Helen and Buzz.
6. After the conversation, leave the room and go into the centre room.
7. Asks if you forgot what the owner said. Yes / No (Doesn't matter either way.)
8. Says it'll be terrible if you didn't have a room. Yes / No (Again, doesn't matter.)
9. Asks if we should leave too. Yes / No. No means you get to walk around the room a bit more.
10. Introduces the caddy master room, Start Hole, the training grounds and finally your lodging.
11. Asks if you think it's a dream that you can practise in such a wonderful place. Yes / No.

Next day...

12. Once you wake up, leave the room and you can Single Play, Double Play, Save and Talk.

If you choose to save, you will be asked if you wish to rest for the day (Yes / No). Choosing No means you can go back to the main menu. Talk allows you to talk about subjects such as what level you're at as a golf player.

Now, to start a game, choose either Single Play or Double Play. Once you've decided head to the caddy master. He'll ask if you want to play on the course. Choosing Yes will give you the options of playing for the cup, practise or talk. Head right and you'll find a queue. The person will ask if you're the team. Answer Yes and that's it!
biggrin.gif

Talking to the person with the glasses to the far left will tell you how many points you need to gain a level. Or you could just press Start and choose the first option.

If you now restart the game, you'll find the options Fission mentioned. You can find them in the Start menu too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway