New : 1292 - F-ZERO: Falcon Densetsu (J)

eightbitminiboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
has anyone actually seen any of the anime? i'm actually quite interested in it, wonders how the story is...
well, you got Ryu Suzaku who's a nypd cop, after winning a race (old school racing), he planned to propose to his girlfriend but on the way a convict named zorda escapes prison racing through the new york streets, ryu gets the call and chases after zorda, when ryu gets near zorda, he shoots off the door off his escape car. the door flys towards ryu and right before it hits him, it flash forwards 150 years in the future, new york city is now called mute city and ryu is revived from some kind of suspended animation and is recruited into a special squad that just happens to be part of the f-zero racing to stop the black shadow group from winning f-zero because the winning purse is a VERY sizable amount that is more than enough for them to fuel their evil organization....

there's 7 or 8 episodes out right now, but only 2 are fan subbed currently....

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Has anyone worked out how to get a boost start in this game? Maybe im being really stupid but I dont seem to be able to do it at all. Which beep and I supposed to press after?
it's different for each car, it doesn't matter what beep you press it on. Just so long as when the race starts the engine sound is the sound just before the overheat sound. You'll notice the sound change of the engine.

The only thing I think is a pity is that Master difficulty is gone, unless i'm mistaken
unsure.gif

Expert is good but I still want more difficulty. Also i think there are only 15 tracks (no including the story mode ones that are only available in story mode). Pity for 128mbit i was hoping for like 30 tracks or so, there are 30 different cars.

I was also under the impression that you could tune up your cars with new parts in story mode from the information about the game before it was released
wink.gif
The only thing I can seem to do is adjust whether to go more with acceleration or top speed. What's the point of the money from Story mode?

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay been waiting for this one. I hope it's harder than F-Zero GX...I found that pretty easy (Completed all cups on all difficulties...only got to unlock 3 more veichles and some end movies for the characters, plus time trial ghosts if I can be bothered), the tracks from the previews looked insane, so it should be good.

(*sigh* Why am I still on 56k? Stupid download...
frown.gif
)

smile.gif

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mmm... i just hope this isn't like the first all i remember in the first was me hitting the wall with any machine running at any speed...

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok I've had a go on it now. Pretty interesting, obviously a lot more to the game than Max Velocity with a story mode, time trial, GP and multiplayer etc... The graphics are sightly better, especially in veichle graphics...although saying that they aren't that great...the cars are distorted and not proportionate and some aren't correct (eg. When did the Blue Falcon have only 1 booster?). The downside to having 30 racers at the same time though is that the draw distance for other cars is very low, they only have to be a couple of seconds into the distance on a straight and you can't see them. The dodgy collision detection makes using attacks worthless to.

Still maybe I'm comparing it to GX too much. Overall the game is very good, the graphics and music are cool (although maybe the sound is a little quiet).

Oh a question. What are the winning conditions for Black Shadows first face...i.e. when you play as him how do you progress. Also what is the winning condition for the far bottom right character (one below Black Shadow) on the 4th or 5th race (sorry can't remember which).

I'm kinda annoyed I still havn't unlocked White Cat yet...and I'm playing through GP mode properly until I have her, I've done the novice cups though.

smile.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The dodgy collision detection makes using attacks worthless to.
attacks?!?!? What attacks?
huh.gif
We can attack other cars now? That's news to me.

Also for everyone that complains about the first game and how you always hit walls when going through corners, you NEED to tap the A button when doing any sort of turning whatso ever. So when you go around a corner continuously tap the A button (accelerate). You also do that in this game but the physics ahve been turned down a little bit.

Can anyone varify if the highest difficulty is expert in this game? Is there some way of unlocking Master difficulty? It's too easy.

zloty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow now i know how to turn this game rocks! and so does the original hehehe wow its so fast, dammit i gotta finish one of my rpgs so this can fit

BlazeHedgehog

Trophies
Website
www.blazefire.tk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
attacks?!?!? What attacks?  We can attack other cars now? That's news to me.

The spin attack. I think it originated in F-Zero X. Press L twice or R twice to spin to the respective directions. Good for knocking cars off the track, but it takes a master to use it.

QUOTE said:
It 's the same old thing 

Story mode was JUST introduced in F-Zero GX. And Zero Test? That's new... it's hardly the same old thing.

1. How many tracks does it have?
2. Is it getting an Australian release (or US)?

1. Somewhere in the vicinity of 15-20 tracks.
2. So far, it's listed as Japan Only. Some speculate that when and if someone picks the anime up and dubs it into english, the game will follow. (which is a shame. This game is too good to let it sit around and wait)

PROTIP: Hold "down" on the d-pad on a jump. When you land, you won't land as hard. You lose less speed and take less damage this way.

Edit: Wow -- there's alot more here than I anticipated. They included a heafty amount of tracks from the original F-Zero for Platinum Cup, for instance. That makes like, 30-40 tracks in this game -- maybe more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you