New : 1292 - F-ZERO: Falcon Densetsu (J)

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Airwolf Posted on Nov 25 2003, 03:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any news about the eReader support?

from what i could read yes - you can load data from E-Cards
smile.gif

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well this is a pleasant surprise to another day at the office.

FZero is awesome! Does this game contain the weapons that were added to F-Zero GX?
Anyone know if any connectivity is planned?

I wonder if a WipeOut GBA would be possible?
yes it is possiable... very possiable.
smile.gif
how about some screenshots of it? here we are.

http://media.pocket.ign.com/media/535/5358...878/imgs_1.html

this is a demo of the Blue Roses 3d Engine by www.raylight.it

hopefuly this project won't go under like DR Advance 3d has... i still think it's stupid they folded that engine just because they can't release an F1 title due to licencing issues (damn you SCEE!).

sQa5r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have played the first game, and I didn't like it that mutch.

But this game is actually bretty good... it is faster or something.... i like it!!
mellow.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I've been looking forward to this release for AGES! My most anticipated game, so you can imagine i'm pretty excited. The downfall, i'm not at home at the moment so I'll have to wait till i can play it
frown.gif

Maximum Volocity is still one of my favorite gba games. Lots of fond memories
biggrin.gif

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
not complaining-- just wondering: why is this game 128mbits? Is there a lot of speech or digitized audio or something? I'm really having a hard time understanding why some of these GBA games, which are hardly longer or more graphically complex than SNES games, seem to take up so much more space. Hell, the original Super Mario World was only 4 mbits. i know that the standard minimum size of a gba cart is 32 mbits, but that doesn't explain 64 and 128 mbit games...

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not complaining-- just wondering: why is this game 128mbits? Is there a lot of speech or digitized audio or something? I'm really having a hard time understanding why some of these GBA games, which are hardly longer or more graphically complex than SNES games, seem to take up so much more space. Hell, the original Super Mario World was only 4 mbits. i know that the standard minimum size of a gba cart is 32 mbits, but that doesn't explain 64 and 128 mbit games...
yes there is alot of speech plus the fact is that its e-reader capable... and also apart from story and grandprix there are numerous other playmodes available - it all adds to the worth 128MBit cart size

smile.gif

BlazeHedgehog

Trophies
Website
www.blazefire.tk
XP
Country
I think the best way to describe this game is "F-Zero GX GBA". I really hated Maximum Velocity and never could really get into the original F-Zero SNES. I loved F-Zero X, though, and I haven't had a chance to play GX.

This game is super-excellent. I've almost cleared story mode and I've tackled the Silver, Bronze and Gold Cups. This is what F-Zero Maximum Velocity should've been. My only problem is the fact that Nintendo STILL refuses to use the GBA the way other developers are; this STILL just uses Mode 7. A minor complaint, but I just wish they would be a little more daring.

For what it's worth, though, the framerate is silky smooth and being "just mode 7" doesn't hold the game back one bit. This game is a mountain of fun, I just wish there was more to it -- besides unlocking the 20-some racers and clearing out Zero Mode, I've seen pretty much everything this game has to offer in a scant four or five hours -- and I defenitely crave more.

You hear that, Nintendo? Falcon Legend 2, STAT!

MarcosDJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I loved the 1st fzero, it was also the 1st game I ever bought. This game rocks too.
Looks like I'll be giving Lik-Sang a visit
smile.gif
It was the first game i bought too
cool.gif
, well, at the same time as THPS2. I never carried it on and lost the cartridge
frown.gif

I'll try this sequel

Im really disappointed that it doesnt compare to the N64 version. Obviously the N64 is much more powerful, but the loops and 3D tracks really made a difference

A

AngelHunter

and I'm annoyed that there are no plans to bring it to the States.
Just hold your horses a little farther. It will release in the US sometime soon. Notice how we have to wait of the Kirby anime to be dubbed? It was a year passed til it's released. It will be about the same with the F-Zero anime and this game itself.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I think the best way to describe this game is "F-Zero GX GBA". I really hated Maximum Velocity and never could really get into the original F-Zero SNES. I loved F-Zero X, though, and I haven't had a chance to play GX.

This game is super-excellent. I've almost cleared story mode and I've tackled the Silver, Bronze and Gold Cups. This is what F-Zero Maximum Velocity should've been. My only problem is the fact that Nintendo STILL refuses to use the GBA the way other developers are; this STILL just uses Mode 7. A minor complaint, but I just wish they would be a little more daring.

For what it's worth, though, the framerate is silky smooth and being "just mode 7" doesn't hold the game back one bit. This game is a mountain of fun, I just wish there was more to it -- besides unlocking the 20-some racers and clearing out Zero Mode, I've seen pretty much everything this game has to offer in a scant four or five hours -- and I defenitely crave more.

You hear that, Nintendo? Falcon Legend 2, STAT!
*Roars in approval* Hear Hear!
I agree with you on everything but the fact that it being Mode 7 is a downfall. The gba isn't advanced enough to pull of a proper 3d F-Zero game right, sure we have Need For Speed Underground coming to the gba, but think of how many polygons or wahtever would be going past the screen at the speeds of F-Zero!
blink.gif

I love this game! It's amazing how much better Falcon Legend is to Maximum Volocity, I hold MV in ver high regards, to me it's still one of the best racing games. FL completely tops it, it's so much faster and has more exciting tracks. I want to know two things before i'm completely satisfied with it.
1. How many tracks does it have?
2. Is it getting an Australian release (or US)?

zloty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so this is the official sequel to the first f-zero on gba?

i could never get into that i just couldnt get my head around how you were supposed to take corners without hitting the walls; oh how i tried so hard to not hit a wall!

hopefully ill have better luck with this game =)

pity its 128, if only it was 64 it would of fit smuggly on my cart alongside harvest moon and sword of mana!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Microsoft ruined it with kinect