Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
new.gif
0992 - Lego Drome Racers EURO 64 Mbits (TRSI)

0992-1.png
0992-2.png

Save Type : EEPROM[/p]

spjb

Trophies
Website
www.goatse.cx
XP
Country
Afghanistan
the speed is good.. and the 3d engine is very well done..
too bad it misses any kind of textures :/
Ya it looks pretty cheap without textures, but Im sure the added textures would just bring down the FPS.
frown.gif

But it looks fun, maybe ill start plyain this aswell as my beloved rally games.

(I'm addicted to rally racing)

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
i definitley love this game!
i suggest everyone to give it a try because it's fun and addictive!
During a Championship you may choose to have qualifications, it's first person, inside the cockpit, and you have to do get the fastest time in a straight track, changing gears as better as possible and using the nitro in the right moment (like in fast and furious the film ) =) very very good

0992-3.png
0992-4.png

LuXo

Trophies
XP
Country
i definitley love this game!
i suggest everyone to give it a try because it's fun and addictive!
During a Championship you may choose to have qualifications, it's first person, inside the cockpit, and you have to do get the fastest time in a straight track, changing gears as better as possible and using the nitro in the right moment (like in fast and furious the film ) =) very very good
It seems that this is the game ive been waiting for...
laugh.gif
getting it right now
smile.gif

later on.. EDIT: yea its something like Wipeout... flashin...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a question about this game though... In exactly what way is this game lego? I heve yet to play a lega game that acctualy made me feel like it had anything at all to do with the little platic blocks we all played with as kids...

[-BiG_W-]

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Played this all morning... It's ok, but the structure of the game isn't all its cracked up to be. Yeah the engine is nice and fast but, at most, it's pushing, what, 12 polygons at the most? Handling is kinda interesting but the actual game is nothing we haven't seen a million times before. Where are the lego-specific powerups like being able to steal wheels from your oponents as you drive past or swap heads with the driver of the car or something?

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
this game reminds me of stunt racer fx, i loved that game, although i think stunt racer fx had faster speed to it & abit better handling as well as more chanllenging with more cars
tongue.gif

Dreamcazman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I love this game! The drag racing is brilliant, I keep trying to get a better time.

The graphics kinda reminds me a little of Virtua Racing, I'd rather have the smoothness and sense of speed than have the polygons textured and run like crap. That's why I can't stand playing any of the rally racers on the GBA.

Tripmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lego racer really shows off my SP all right.

However (and don't slate me, I love my SP) I had an Atari Lynx 11 years ago with stun runner throwing out polygons with good framerates and nice sound!

Playing a polygon racer game on a backlit handheld in 2003 and being impressed just shows what a great little machine the lynx was, well ahead of it's time. (Pity about battery life etc)

Tripmann

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout