Homebrew NetSlug For Wii FINALLY Compiled! Download Link!!!

Dontwait00

Unknown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is a great project, I hope it'll move forward.
I would like to test few games if anyone is interested.
Also, can you explain how you compiled from sources?
Thanks for your support, if you wont i can test games with you (like mkwii pal-ntsc-japan.... etc....) i can.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Very cool, I have a Wii and a vWii on my Wii U, so I could totally test this out. Do you need your Wii game to be on disc though? Can this be used with USB backups of games? All my physical Wii games are long gone at this point, plus my Wii's disc drive is nearly dead.
im trying to patch wbfs games with cheat codes/homebrew(trying to develop) to patch this out, but its not that simple. For now, use a Wii disc (Original/Mastered works bowths)

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question, but where are the instructions on making this work (unless they're answered in the YouTube video linked in the first post)? I don't know where to find my port number, and if I should just leave the port value alone. I assume the Host IP is the same as the local IP address of the Wii. I'm curious as to what other games have been tested with NetSlug. It'd be nice if people would start analyzing the game compatibility in this thread.

Dontwait00

Unknown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dumb question, but where are the instructions on making this work (unless they're answered in the YouTube video linked in the first post)? I don't know where to find my port number, and if I should just leave the port value alone. I assume the Host IP is the same as the local IP address of the Wii. I'm curious as to what other games have been tested with NetSlug. It'd be nice if people would start analyzing the game compatibility in this thread.
just connect BEFORE the host, then guest... that simple ;)

Clamtram

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey team, love the work done on this. Is there a way to play games from a USB (or a rom / backup version of a game) with netslug? When I plug it in it asks for me to insert the game disk. Or is there a hack to place a rom in the disk drive on standby while you boot up netslug? Cheers

Clamtram

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for your support, if you wont i can test games with you (like mkwii pal-ntsc-japan.... etc....) i can.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im trying to patch wbfs games with cheat codes/homebrew(trying to develop) to patch this out, but its not that simple. For now, use a Wii disc (Original/Mastered works bowths)

Hey mate, any progress on that patch to allow wbfs games to work with Netslug?

MinosDio

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone on this thread, I'm sorry to inform you that the compile provided by dontwait00 isn't working, even after many and many attempts.

BUT

Leseratte made a build for me and it's actually working, here is it (it's in the links.txt because I can't post links)

From small sessions with this compile we've managed to deduced important settings that was never mentioned by MrBean Chadderz or the Wiki :

- All players must have the same language set
- All players must have the same TV type set (50hz do not work)
- All players must have the same sensor bar position set
(This is now changed on the wiki)

ALSO

I recently discovered that a fork of the NetSlug project, with active development exists on github with an other compile from JBMagination: (haven't tested it yet)

If you want to find active players to test those compile feel free to join the Wii Sports Discord server (we have a dedicated netslug channel but we might create a separate one)

Attachments

• Links.zip
    338 bytes · Views: 54

Universal1013

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made a forwarder wad for the netslug app ( but you will still need netslug in the apps folder of your sd card)

Attachments

• NetSlug Channel - STLB.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up