Netflix's 'Castlevania' producer to work on 'Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon' TV adaptation

banner.JPG

Adi Shankar, producer of the successful animated Castlevania series on Netflix, will adapt yet another video game into a TV show. This time it's Far Cry 3's Blood Dragon expansion to get the Shankar treatment in the form of a "young-adult series" titled Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Vibe.

far cry.jpg

"Adi is such a great fan of video games. We share the same culture and references," Ubisoft Film & Television, Paris managing director Helene Juguet told The Hollywood Reporter in its exclusive article. "It's been great to give him the freedom to do something very fresh and bold with our characters."

The article notes that the Blood Dragon adaptation will "form a multiverse with other Ubisoft titles" like the ongoing Rabbids Invasion, upcoming family-friendly Hungry Shark Squad, and an M-rated Watch Dogs “cybermystery aimed at tweens". In the latter case, the show will revolve around a teenage "super hacker" who solves crimes in her high school. Ubisoft clarified that while it will be "inspired by the themes and ideas of the Watch Dogs", the animated show will "not set in the same universe or tied to it directly".

watchdogs.jpg hungry shark squad.jpg

No word on when to expect Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Vibe to hit the video streaming platform but Adi Shankar sure has his hands full of video game-to-TV adaptation what with a third season of Castlevania, an Assassin's Creed, a Hyper Light Drifter and a Devil May Cry show.

:arrow: SOURCE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Castlevania has been pretty awesome so far, and Blood Dragon was the last Far Cry game I really liked, so I'm looking forward to this. Though I'd also be happy with a full-length game in the Blood Dragon universe, sequel or otherwise.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone watch that self promoting anime "documentary" on Netflix or perhaps have seen Adi Shankar speak elsewhere? Man, what a total tool and douche. Not a huge fan of how Castlevania turned out, but I would continue watching it and probably this as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over