1. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 As Seen On GBATempTV

United States
    Much sooner than expected. I really enjoyed the first two seasons and will happily watch more.

2. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Are you familiar with the games? Seasons 1 and 2 adapt the plot of Castlevania 3 (roughly, Season 2 ends where Castlevania 3 ends), but there are tons of other games after it (and several before). As it stands, Season 2 ended on a cliffhanger that seem to imply they're going to continue onward, possibly to give its own spin on Curse of Darkness.

But when Isaac and Hector's story reaches its end, I also fully expect Dracula will return as well. We may even see it during this upcoming season 3 given that he does return in Curse of Darkness. He's constantly killed off and revived dozens of times until his "final" death in 1999. And even then, he still technically reincarnated as Soma Cruz.

The thing i'm curious about is how the Netflix show will handle the revivals with the unique characterization they gave to Dracula. Dracula is portrayed as depressed and even sympathetic in the show, which is kind of different to how we imagined him from the NES game. In the end, he seemed happy to be dead and even sorry for what he was doing. Still, this is very early days for Dracula. Even Symphony of the Night acknowledges that Dracula used to be a loving husband and father a long time ago. Spending centuries burning in hell and constantly being revived by evil humans who want to murder everyone is probably more than enough to gradually twist Dracula into the sadist we know from the games.

3. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico

4. Seliph

Seliph Professional Orphan

United States
    Damn, I thought the show was over. Excited to see what will come out of this.

5. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Konami seems to think the future of gaming is mobile games and pachinko machines. The best we can hope for is the mobile game being released on Switch.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well that is essentially how the Castlevania games work. There are a few games where the protagonists aren't Belmonts, but most focus on the Belmonts.

6. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Yeah ah real shame ... Konami is really not what it used to be in the glory days of the SNES era.
    Ah well.

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  7. urbanman2004

urbanman2004 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just hope this recent trend of good video game TV adaptation continues uninterrupted for the foreseeable future.

8. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Do all the episodes come out in one go or weekly?

9. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I wont watch it until Season 3 is complete so I can watch all of it. I did the same thing for Season 1 and 2. I hate to see once a week because I am too excite to see what's happening next, you know. Castlevania games are my favourite except 2 N64 games sucks!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Castlevania, announces, Netflix