BaconBits

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Belying the “flix” in its name, Netflix is now primarily an Internet streaming service for television shows, not feature films.
TV series now account for more than half of all Netflix viewing. That helps to explain why this Wednesday — the long-awaited moment when motion picture classics like “Scarface” and newer hits like “Toy Story 3” will vanish from the streaming service — is not the doomsday that it was once expected to be.

The vanishing films are from Starz. Its three-and-a-half-year-old deal helped Netflix persuade millions of people to sign up for Internet streaming, hastening the company’s leap to digital distribution from physical DVDs.

It became clear about a year ago that the deal would not be renewed. By then, though, Netflix was bulking up on old TV episodes and, in a direct challenge to HBO, beginning to distribute its own original shows for the streaming service.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/once-film-focused-netflix-transitions-174008412.html

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No big deal for me. I hardly use Netflix to watch movies, I use it to watch old TV shows like all the Star Treks, Original Hawaii Five-O, Rockford Files, Stargate and BattleStar Galatica. Then they have tons of British Tv shows and the kids watch all the Disney, Nick and PBS kids shows,

So losing Starz will mean nothing for us, and in 2013 they will be getting Dreamworks.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
No big deal for me. I hardly use Netflix to watch movies, I use it to watch old TV shows like all the Star Treks, Original Hawaii Five-O, Rockford Files, Stargate and BattleStar Galatica. Then they have tons of British Tv shows and the kids watch all the Disney, Nick and PBS kids shows,

So losing Starz will mean nothing for us, and in 2013 they will be getting Dreamworks.
Yeah, same here. I personally use Netflix for Death Note, and the old Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. I do watch the occasional action thriller and asian fighting films (IP Man, anyone?). My brother also enjoys watching tons of Mr. Bean. I don't think this lost of some movies will affect much.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy a Netflx account on a near daily basis. I recently read that the now defunct Netflix contract with Starz only represented 2% of viewership demand. Personanlly, for me, movies have sucked puke since a long time ago. I subscribed to netflix because of the deal with Saban's library of Power Rangers along with the vast array of sci-fi!

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta say my dad was pretty disappointed about this because he had a lot of movies he wanted to watch and did watch. Personally doesn't bother me I just use mine for anime like a lot of you it seems.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really not a big deal... If you read the article the movies/shows that were removed, in total, accounted for 2% of the items streamed... Though it is a bummer that I won't be able to stream the mext season of Party Down or Spartacus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*