Netflix to Lose Thousands of Movies

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by BaconBits, Feb 28, 2012.

Feb 28, 2012
  1. BaconBits
    OP

Banned BaconBits Banned

United States
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/once-film-focused-netflix-transitions-174008412.html

2. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    There goes their business....

3. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I never found a lot of movies I liked anyways.

Just don't touch my anime.

1 person likes this.
  4. freaksloan

Member freaksloan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No big deal for me. I hardly use Netflix to watch movies, I use it to watch old TV shows like all the Star Treks, Original Hawaii Five-O, Rockford Files, Stargate and BattleStar Galatica. Then they have tons of British Tv shows and the kids watch all the Disney, Nick and PBS kids shows,

So losing Starz will mean nothing for us, and in 2013 they will be getting Dreamworks.

5. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Yeah, same here. I personally use Netflix for Death Note, and the old Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. I do watch the occasional action thriller and asian fighting films (IP Man, anyone?). My brother also enjoys watching tons of Mr. Bean. I don't think this lost of some movies will affect much.

6. clownb

Member clownb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I enjoy a Netflx account on a near daily basis. I recently read that the now defunct Netflix contract with Starz only represented 2% of viewership demand. Personanlly, for me, movies have sucked puke since a long time ago. I subscribed to netflix because of the deal with Saban's library of Power Rangers along with the vast array of sci-fi!

7. X_XSlashX_X

Member X_XSlashX_X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I gotta say my dad was pretty disappointed about this because he had a lot of movies he wanted to watch and did watch. Personally doesn't bother me I just use mine for anime like a lot of you it seems.

8. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    It's really not a big deal... If you read the article the movies/shows that were removed, in total, accounted for 2% of the items streamed... Though it is a bummer that I won't be able to stream the mext season of Party Down or Spartacus.