Homebrew net play

nano351

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any emulators that support network play (LAN/Online)? Or are there any emulators that have plans for network play in the future? I think it'd be an incredible feature and i've played some emulators on my computer online and playing against humans is much better than computers
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Frodo

QUOTE said:
From version 9 onwards, Frodo/Wii supports playing games over the Internet. Traffic is completely peer-to-peer, but connections are handled through a third-party server at c64-network.game-host.org. This allows players to find each other, but also NAT-traversal. To play over the network, follow these steps:

* Select Other options/Networking/Set username and choose a name so that your friends can identify you
* Talk with your friend on IRC or on some instant messenger. One of you should host the game while the other connects as a client
* For the one hosting the game, select Other options/Networking/Host a game. After this, you just wait for your friend to connect
* For the client, select Other options/Networking/Connect as client. You will then get a list of game hosts. Select the name of your friend and you two will be connected

Some limitations:

* Scrolling games are too bandwidth-hungry (bandwidth is capped)
* It must be possible to configure the network via DHCP. Sorry about that.
* Only the game host can type at the keyboard.
* The host can select which joystick to control. The other peer will always control the other joystick

strange that nobody seems to have ever try network playing with this one

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
prob not a roaring success cos it's a c64 emulator not many peeps want to play c64 and there's not really that many good games to play each other against. if it was snes or nes though it would take off like a rocket

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo