Hacking NeoGamma r9 disc id error

ookami38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally get done downloading an iso of Tatsunoko vs Capcom and burn it using ImgBurn on a DVD-R disc, burn works perfectly, but when I try and play it on my wii using NeoGamma r9, tried beta 34 and 36, I get DVD err(1208), Disc ID. Just last night, i was having no problems loading any games on NeoGamma, but now none of the games I have will load. I haven't changed any settings or installed anything new since last night, only tried to load the game. I've searched the forums here and on google for hours now to no avail, so any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: My wii can play games that aren't backups fine, and my backup of New Super Mario Bros Wii seems to work fine

Edit 2: Thoroughly confused now, as other backups seem to be working now... Any information as to why this might have occurred would be lovely.

Duminakan89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please can someone answer this question I'm having the same exact problem except I've had none of my backups load; I myself am running Wii System 4.3; I'm also running neogamma from the HBC. HELP!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ookami38 said:
I finally get done downloading an iso of Tatsunoko vs Capcom and burn it using ImgBurn on a DVD-R disc, burn works perfectly, but when I try and play it on my wii using NeoGamma r9, tried beta 34 and 36, I get DVD err(1208), Disc ID. Just last night, i was having no problems loading any games on NeoGamma, but now none of the games I have will load. I haven't changed any settings or installed anything new since last night, only tried to load the game. I've searched the forums here and on google for hours now to no avail, so any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: My wii can play games that aren't backups fine, and my backup of New Super Mario Bros Wii seems to work fine

Edit 2: Thoroughly confused now, as other backups seem to be working now... Any information as to why this might have occurred would be lovely.
It's possible that you have a bad ISO.

QUOTE(Duminakan89 @ Aug 13 2010, 03:41 PM) Please can someone answer this question I'm having the same exact problem except I've had none of my backups load; I myself am running Wii System 4.3; I'm also running neogamma from the HBC. HELP!
Have you installed a cIOS?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an awfully old cIOS. You may wanna update to something more modern first and see if that fixes it. (You're over 10 revisions behind now.)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nah, rev7 is fine for SL discs. I think this is either an issue to NeoGamma running on a cIOS, or it's not the latest NeoGamma(which would tell if it was a backup resistant drive issue).

And there's always DVD+Rs and bad burns of course.

Duminakan89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so should I get a more current cIOS installer, run it then then run a current NeoGamma afterwards?

i'm using NeoGamma R9 beta38 ISO36 (REV3607)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Duminakan89 said:
so should I get a more current cIOS installer, run it then then run a current NeoGamma afterwards?

Sounds like NeoGamma can't work with cIOS249 v7, because it use IOS36 to work, and this IOS can't load backup games (only cioscorp or darkcorp IOS36)
Then you should upgrade your IOS249. Try it with IOS249 v17 first.

Duminakan89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Duminakan89 said:

Sounds like NeoGamma can't work with cIOS249 v7, because it use IOS36 to work, and this IOS can't load backup games (only cioscorp or darkcorp IOS36)
Then you should upgrade your IOS249. Try it with IOS249 v17 first.

ok well i try to install the cIOS in the link but my wiimote loses connection when i choose IOS249 in the installer. should i choose a different IOS for installation?

Duminakan89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Yep, choose IOS36 first and then IOS250.

hmm when i choose WAD installer from the SD slot, it reads as an error, yet it reads IOS38 for whatever reason, I'm a bit confused.

get a message that says ERROR! (ret = -1)

thethiny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duminakan89 said:
FIX94 said:
Yep, choose IOS36 first and then IOS250.

hmm when i choose WAD installer from the SD slot, it reads as an error, yet it reads IOS38 for whatever reason, I'm a bit confused.

get a message that says ERROR! (ret = -1)

Choose Network installation
ret= -1 means NO SD Inserted/Or No WAD folder on the sd root.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-