Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ok, this thread is a 111 pages long... and this might be the stupidest question yet; I haven't been using NeoGamma for a long long time now, but I recently got into playing some Gamecube games I missed out on... And I wonder why do I have to have different settings for games from the same region? Why won't Wind Waker (US) play on the same settings as Mario Sunshine (US)? And vice versa. I don't get it, and I have been thinking about writing down the settings in a book, is this how all of you get by using it?

I haven't done anything about Neogamme in forever, I think I'm on 47b, did anything get any easier in later releases, I know it's up to 56 (right?) now, is that just important do upgrade if you play Wii games using NeoGamma?

shiftyzebra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a black wii, and found out it was made in 2006, however it wont load a dvdr (which is ok). However, I do not currently have the funds to purchase an external hdd (so i cannot really use usbloader gx). Now what im attempting to figure out -and hopefully someone can help- is how to format an sd card (8gig sdhc) so i can run wbfs games (already in that format). I have tried running just the game itself on a fat formatted drive, but it didn't work. if anyone can help me figure out how to get past this issue so i can run the backup games it would be highly appreciated.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I have a black wii, and found out it was made in 2006, however it wont load a dvdr (which is ok). However, I do not currently have the funds to purchase an external hdd (so i cannot really use usbloader gx). Now what im attempting to figure out -and hopefully someone can help- is how to format an sd card (8gig sdhc) so i can run wbfs games (already in that format). I have tried running just the game itself on a fat formatted drive, but it didn't work. if anyone can help me figure out how to get past this issue so i can run the backup games it would be highly appreciated.
You... Don't...
618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

You use something called a USB loader for that. Not NeoGamma.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
ROFL! That's not possible unless somebody spray-painted it black.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

ever heard of a case mod?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

ever heard of a case mod?
Then it wouldn't be a black Wii, it would be a white Wii that the user changed cases. I'd like to know where the user "found out it was made in 2006." I'm guessing he just saw the copyright sticker.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyways, NeoGamma might be able to run games from sd card, but the sd card needs a wbfs partition. And if you want to save NeoGamma's settings, you also need a FAT partition on the sd card, which is only possible in Linux or with weird tools.

Since i haven't tested sd card loading in NeoGamma, i say it doesn't work...try CFG or some other usb loader with sd loading support.

ch4dr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I hacked my girlfriend's Wii (luckily she has an older Wii) using ModMii, I burned 3 games and attempted to load them using NeoGamma R9. Mario Party 9, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and Kirby. Mario Party 9 loads completely, I get in the game and select "Party" and it goes to a black screen and says the Wii cannot read the disc. Kirby starts up and immediately goes to a pink screen that says the Wii cannot read the disc. Zelda goes to a black screen immediately and says the same thing.

If I don't go through the HBC, the disc channel shows the animation for each of the three games. It appears the drive is reading them but flaking out on me. Anyone have any ideas? I used Memorex DVD+R burned at 6x (slowest it would go) and set to a DVD-ROM book type.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Either the dvd brand is bad, your burner is bad, or you just used the wrong speed. Zelda and Kirby use some kind of copy protection, so Mario Party is the best choice for testing until it works correctly. Try 16x burn speed, you don't need to burn slow anymore. And DVD+R should be fine, if you set the booktye, which you do. If this was a DVD+R problem, you would get a read error in NeoGamma when reading the disc id.

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean Phantasy Star Online?

I say it looks bad right now, here's the important part of the log i got for the game:

The only thing the game reads is that "switcher.prs", and i fear that is some kind of executable which loads the real executable. Anyways, all dvd patch patterns fail for this file, so either that's some encrypted executable or i'm really completely clueless about what's going on.

And no i don't have the game, so i can't say if the retail disc works or not. Which might be helpful information here.

PS: emu_kidid claimed it's working in his personal SD-Boot beta. If SD-Boot is ever released, and if it's open source, then maybe i could fix it.
Hi WiiPower, did emu_kidd ever release his SD-Boot beta? Wanted to test if PSO would work with it? and on to a completely different topic - what would be the equivalent of "FSTFIX.exe game.iso f s t" for DiscEX? Is there a way to uncompress an ISO I created with fstfix or DiscEX?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to see if DiscEX can pretty much replace fstfix for my cube converting to DML. Been using cleanrip like a mofo lately lol. Just got my hands on a copy of PSO I & II Plus from a friend of mine in mint condition and he's not going to let me hold it long enough to hold my breath lol.

As it stands right now, it's kind of a mixed bag of results when it comes to the PSO games. At this time, only a physical modchip can play backups. On the other hand using USBLoader GX, my retail copy of Episode I&II works fine, yet on NeoGamma R9 B56, it does not. Something I noticed when trying to use the internal GC mode, NeoGamma says my retail disc uses PAL video mode. Wonder if that could be the issue.

Edit: even more annoying is that trying to run an ISO of PSO Episode I&II on USBLoader GX + DML r55 without a disc in the drive brings up an error that the drive is open. And inserting any disc (other than the retail) gives an error that the disc is not the PSO Episode I&II disc. I guess that is progress for you.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
how can i find out if my wii can play gamecube backups? my wii is very new, i brought it two weeks ago.
Check out DML. Unless your Wii was made 3 years ago (so no black or red Wii's for sure), it can't play backup discs.

ive done, that but when i try to load DML, it asks for DML.elf. ive searched all over the net and i couldnt find DML.elf.

edit: i found it.

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can i find out if my wii can play gamecube backups? my wii is very new, i brought it two weeks ago.

I thought all new Wii systems released since the 2011 holiday season lacked ports for Gamecube controllers or memory cards. Without those you can't really play the games anyways. Yes, I know about the no more memory version of DML, but a lack of a controller causes issues towards playing even retail discs.

(edited to quote the correct person's post)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
When loading DML (no-disc version) through NeoGamma, it still requires a disc to continue. :/

I thought all new Wii systems released since the 2011 holiday season lacked ports for Gamecube controllers or memory cards. Without those you can't really play the games anyways. Yes, I know about the no more memory version of DML, but a lack of a controller causes issues towards playing even retail discs.
He didn't say anything about having a new Wii...

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DIOS MIOS Lite used to require a disc, but in recent revisions it no longer needs one. Although... NeoGamma still requires a disc despite what revision or variation of DML is used.

But... I'm happy with just using NeoGamma for my back-ups (whether, they are decrypted or not).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1