Hacking NeoGamma always running in PAL mode?

sexualtrepan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And as soon as I solve my cIOS issue, another crops up...

I'm running on 3.2U with cIOS rev 14 installed, using NeoGamma 7.

Today I attempted to run a backup of SA2B, which happened to be a PAL version. The game boots fine, in PAL mode unsurprisingly. Messing around in the region settings leads to either two things: it stays in PAL mode or my TV gets no signal at all. I'm not exactly sure which settings I should be setting to what, it's kind of hard to find documentation for this online.

The strange thing is that even a US version of SA2B boots as if it were a PAL game.

So, despite all my Googling, I can't force it to work. Any possibly help-- or a suggestion for a different GC backup loader --would be loved.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
sexualtrepan said:
Bump: I tried what is definitely a NTSC copy of SA2B today, and of course, it's still in PAL mode.
First: Update NeoGamma to the newest one (should be R8 Beta16). You should always try to be updated before complaining.

Now: Force to NTSC, or some other VideoModes? This should then realy work. Play around with the Settings again. If that won't work, then blame it on the TV, or on the ISO, which maybe is already patched.

sexualtrepan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
sexualtrepan said:
Bump: I tried what is definitely a NTSC copy of SA2B today, and of course, it's still in PAL mode.
First: Update NeoGamma to the newest one (should be R8 Beta16). You should always try to be updated before complaining.

Now: Force to NTSC, or some other VideoModes? This should then realy work. Play around with the Settings again. If that won't work, then blame it on the TV, or on the ISO, which maybe is already patched.

Updating NeoGamma hasn't helped.

But yeah, I've tried all the force NTSC modes, and they all cut the video signal. Which is strange, because I can easily use a backup launcher to play PAL Wii games and force them to NTSC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1