NeoGAF might get shut down.

kragzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
never had a problem with gaf, to be honest although i wasnt active a lot when i was i found it fine, but like most sites i only pop on as i dont have the time, but if someones a nonce their site and lives should be destroyed.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoGaf days are most likely over, An alternative forum is being created, by its members and past staff to differentiate itself from Neogaf and its orginal owner. It should be up and running this week.

DemocraticUnderground has been up and running for years.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2889mpc.png

Well, they did say infamous.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And not a single damn was given. Their community is on par with IGN's toxicity as far as I'm concerned.

More like NeoGAFFE, not to mention joining it was impossible, you had to have like a work or college/university email to join.

I get my gaming info from Nintendo Life and Nintendo Enthusiast.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never really visited neogaf, so, um, goodbye? All I've heard was that the place was crap and people on Reddit reliving the "good ol days" back when the forum started...

Last edited by rileysrjay,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
There will be a replacement, and hopefully that replacement is better. I've heard good and bad things about the 'GAF. Heard it was a great place for fans to hang out with developers and have discussions about games and the industry, while I also heard users got banned for going against the preferred politics of the mods and admins. A new NeoGAF, whatever it may be called, would be a clean slate for the kind of message board NeoGAF was.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I never got past the registration page so no tears shed. But you can't deny it was the source of some awesome content.

The registration verification was bullshit, not sorry.

"Oh you only have personal email? That's cute, no membership for you."

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, all free email services were banned and all applications had to be approved manually, like it was some shady site from the darknet.

Again, it was bullshit. Not to mention many of the people on there were downright antagonistic, and very anti-Nintendo. Like, if you only like them and no one else, you're screwed. I like Sony and Nintendo.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The site has been dead for a long time now. Interesting that this is what actually nails the coffin shut.

Always leave it to someone else to ruin it for everyone; this is why we can't have nice things.

Let's hope that if it does end up getting shut down, those who used it won't come here.

Let them move en masse to IGN or Eurogamer instead.

D

Deleted User

I never bothered even trying to sign up to NeoGAF because I'd heard about how shit of a community it was for a long time. Possibly since I first started interacting with other gamers online.
I'm considering maybe taking a look at ResetEra once that site is up, though. I imagine it'll be relatively the same community-wise but whatever.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof