NeoGAF might get shut down.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never bothered even trying to sign up to NeoGAF because I'd heard about how shit of a community it was for a long time. Possibly since I first started interacting with other gamers online.
I'm considering maybe taking a look at ResetEra once that site is up, though. I imagine it'll be relatively the same community-wise but whatever.
Shit got interesting, just announced that Emily Rogers will be one of the mods at ResetEra, guess ResetEra is no joke, they are getting people linked with the gaming industry.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I never got past the registration page so no tears shed. But you can't deny it was the source of some awesome content.

The gaming side was good. The OT side was a wretched hive of scum and villainy. I was a registered and daily-posting member there for 5 years, and neogaf OT was the most closed-minded 'progressive' echo chamber on the internet that I've ever come across. When the mass shooting at the Bataclan in Paris happened during the Eagles of Death Metal show, I posted wondering whether any of the shooters would turn out to have recently come into Europe as 'refugees.'(And, as it turned out, a couple of them had.) I got permabanned for that, just for suggesting it. So fuck neogaf. Fuck it in the ear.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if the rumours turn out to be false, does it count as pulling a Cruel?

EDIT: Oh wait, it says sexual assault, not paedophilia.

Both are royally jacked up and people who are guilty of either need to be quickly and as painfully emasculated as possible for what they do/did. Criminals of that caliber deserve to be punished the most.

Reactions: ndstuff

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both are royally jacked up and people who are guilty of either need to be quickly and as painfully emasculated as possible for what they do/did. Criminals of that caliber deserve to be punished the most.
What did he do again? (I mean, the jackass from NeoGAF, not Cruel)

EDIT: Yeah, I was too busy celebrating the closing of NeoGAF I didn't even read the reason.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did he do again? (I mean, the jackass from NeoGAF, not Cruel)

EDIT: Yeah, I was too busy celebrating the closing of NeoGAF I didn't even read the reason.

Sexual assault or something stupidly selfish of an act like that. NeoGAFFE closing, I really couldn't give a rat's ass.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh I look there time to time and find some good things to lurk around. Never had even the urge to join. So good to neutral. Haven't caught all that drama. Reminds of Mighty #9. lol

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you like a forum where when you post, you feel like you're walking on egg shells? Do you enjoy a forum, where if you disagree with the hive mind, you get perma banned? Do you like a forum, where if you bring up the admin's sexual harassment history, you get banned? If so, then Neogaf is the perfect forum for you!

Yeah, let's just hope those users there won't come HERE. Then again, they're more into Sony than Nintendo. Speaking of which, speak badly about Sony, you get banned there! :D

GxEVwKH.jpg

Hi, I used to be a moderator on Neogaf, I used to edit people's posts, to make me win arguments, and got fired for that. Neogaf once started a donation fund for me, and gave me a bunch of money, it was supposed to be for my mom, but I blew it on drugs. Now, I'm sadly in prison, because I'm a dirty pedophile, who got caught with CP on my PHONE.

Last edited by Viri,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you like a forum where when you post, you feel like you're walking on egg shells? Do you enjoy a forum, where if you disagree with the hive mind, you get perma banned? Do you like a forum, where if you bring up the admin's sexual harassment history, you get banned? If so, then Neogaf is the perfect forum for you!

Yeah, let's just hope those users there won't come HERE. Then again, they're more into Sony than Nintendo. Speaking of which, speak badly about Sony, you get banned there! :D

GxEVwKH.jpg

Hi, I used to be a moderator on Neogaf, I used to edit people's posts, to make me win arguments, and got fired for that. Neogaf once started a donation fund for me, and gave me a bunch of money, it was supposed to be for my mom, but I blew it on drugs. Now, I'm sadly in prison, because I'm a dirty pedophile, who got caught with CP on my PHONE.
The mods here are at least finally shepherding the trolls away from the Nintendo sections, so things shouldn't get too bad.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
neogaf is back. the better half of it anyway :P

summary:
elflore issues long non-apology (uh oh)
he nuked off-topic from orbit (uh oh)
thisisfine.gif response from the community (kidding lol, they're rioting)
elflore is banning all dissent (some things never change)

munch munch munch
(popcorn noises)

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neogaf is back. the better half of it anyway :P

summary:
elflore issues long non-apology (uh oh)
he nuked off-topic from orbit (uh oh)
thisisfine.gif response from the community (kidding lol, they're rioting)
elflore is banning all dissent (some things never change)

munch munch munch
(popcorn noises)
Even shorter summary: internet's latest dumpster fire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu