Hello. First of all, greetings
I would like to ask if anyone has the compiled file of this neoDS revision (https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/NeoDS?tab=readme-ov-file)
I ask this since I can't find it in the repository and I don't have a machine to be able to do it.
Thanks in advance
Hello, in case it is of interest.
I have NeoDs_021b_scaled version, this could be the latest version.
I use it on dsi with sd and twilight menu. I didn't have to create ramdisk, I guess twilight creates it automatically.
I would say that it goes very well, practically everything is playable, some roms have graphic failures like Super Sidekicks but it is possible that it is a problem of the rom.
Metal slug for me is perfect, except for some fps drop when there are many elements on screen.
Greetings.
Hello, in case it is of interest.
I have NeoDs_021b_scaled version, this could be the latest version.
I use it on dsi with sd and twilight menu. I didn't have to create ramdisk, I guess twilight creates it automatically.
I would say that it goes very well, practically everything is playable, some roms have graphic failures like Super Sidekicks but it is possible that it is a problem of the rom.
Metal slug for me is perfect, except for some fps drop when there are many elements on screen.
Greetings.
Same here, I tested Metal Slug 3 and King of Fighters 2002 and both run surprisingly well without RAM Disk or Expansion Pack.
The only downside is the slowdowns, which are very noticeable, but other than that games run p well and def playable.
I will add I had noticeably increased stability and speed when using MAME 0.119 (Nov 2007) or FinalBurn Alpha 0.2.97.29 (Feb 2008) romsets, which seems to be the versions NeoDS is built on, I still get slowdowns, but overall using the correct romset version was way better.
Btw I don't believe this is the version OP is asking about, this one is the original NeoDS v0.2.0 by Ben Ingram, OP is asking about the fork updated by NightScript / Universal-Team / DS-Homebrew (it's anyone's guess who was worked on/updated any of these forks at this point).
So did you create a RAM Disk? Can you help me on how to do that?
Cus I managed to run it from SD alone, and it slows down very noticeably at some points.
I tried to follow the steps mentioned here and here, but am unsure what exactly it is I have to put inside the RAM Disk file, if I understand correctly I have to put all of the emulators' files and roms, and mirror my SD folder structure?
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...