• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

Toter402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sneek installer is broken. I tried to compile it, but couldn't find devkit 5.0, 6.0 doesn't work out of the box.

Toter402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply @GreyWolf . I was trying to compile it because I figured modmii wasn't working. Turns out sneekdi didn't boot because of incompatible usbs. BTW How do I know if I have the latest stuff? I updated with Pimp my wii 3.03, kept my trucha, apparently that's good. I need a good expert guide on IOSs and cIOS's to make sure I'm current, both software and education. I also got NUS downloader, I can make wads with current IOS's using that? Should I be on a more appropriate thread?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply @GreyWolf . I was trying to compile it because I figured modmii wasn't working. Turns out sneekdi didn't boot because of incompatible usbs. BTW How do I know if I have the latest stuff? I updated with Pimp my wii 3.03, kept my trucha, apparently that's good. I need a good expert guide on IOSs and cIOS's to make sure I'm current, both software and education. I also got NUS downloader, I can make wads with current IOS's using that? Should I be on a more appropriate thread?

If you generate a SysCheck report (use this version) you can load the .csv file into ModMii and it will check the report and let you know if any of your cIOSes are out of date and download them for you. You can just drop the csv file right on the ModMii icon.

When using NEEK just make sure you use the version that corresponds to the device you've got the NAND files on. SNEEK = SD card, UNEEK = USB. The "+DI" version patches the disc interface so you can mount games to the disc channel as if they were inserted in the DVD slot but it only works with Wii games. Gamecube ones still need a loader like Nintendont or Devolution. (DIOS MIOS works but it isn't maintained anymore.)

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Toter402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate everything. @GreyWolf I might mess with Sneekdi again down the road. Modmii says to install earlier versions Like d2x-v8 final, and others. I got confused reading all over the place. I had a feeling modmii was downgrading me. I understand the latest isn't always the greatest. I did stick with d2x-v10beta52 as a I read there's better support for neek with that one and not the latest one.

Do you still suggest sticking with modmii's recommendations, as many say they're the most stable?

I'm not too worried about loading discs, as the drive is dead. I plan on buying a new one and a wii key or something.
I had used Dios Mios before, I liked it. Need a Gamecube controller, though.

Syscheck:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sysCheck v2.1.0b13 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priilaoder installed
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS0
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 69360742
Boot2 v4
Found 106 titles.
Found 54 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: Hermes-v55.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: Hermes-v55.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS245[37] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS246[38] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[55] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-al): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2016/06/24.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks fine to me. 249/250 are the only ones you really need for Wii games nowadays. I think you have to change ModMiii considers v10 unstable so it recommends v8. You don't have to change those unless you're having problems with v10.

It's EmuNAND that the cIOS handles. NEEK is only run from the kernel.bin in the folder. Most WiiWare/VC titles will work fine with just EmuNAND. A lot of the N64 titles, Konami Rebirth titles, Liight and Flowerworks are the ones I can think of that have to be run from either NEEK or real NAND.

Reactions: Toter402

Toter402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I'm going to try sneekdi again with both beta 10 and 8. I'm not sure if my successful build was with either, and_or if it could have been what was preventing me from loading from USB on sneekdi. Thanks again @GreyWolf! You really put things into perspective.

Last edited by Toter402,

Toter402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is modmii building sneek2o+di? Or is it just regular sneek+di? I understand neek2o is technically sneek as it emulates from sd? I tried a pre-made nand, and it's uneek2o+di and I am not sure there's a difference or what, because I was able to build it on a previously incompatible usb hdd. It also recognized my wbfs games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I build sneek+di with modmii I can't load postloader no configuration file, nor wiiflow (crashes and attempts to reload). Apparently with either d2x v10 or 8.

thepieddragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I have been searching for hours on how I can get neek2o running on my WiiU via vWii. In the end, I ended up going with regular SNEEK, but that solution's not exactly convenient for myself as a USBLoaderGX user. So, after so long time of lurking on this forum as a guest, I've decided to post here for a direct, definitive answer to my questions.

From what little information I could scrounge up regarding neek2o on WiiU, here's what I think I know so far:
  • There, in fact, exists a beta of neek2o that works on WiiU
  • neek2o is installed like NEEK would be.
  • It's better than NEEK in almost every way.
  • It doesn't display channels correctly, but works fine in USBLoaderGX.
  • It's illegal to distribute, somehow?
  • There is a version with a "+di" in it's naming that supposedly does different things. But for the life of me, I cannot find what a "di" is and how it would benefit me as a NEEK user.
  • According to Google's search algorithms, the neek2o betas don't exist as an actual download, unless I'm just massively missing something. (e.g. "Ah can't fahnd eit")
First off, am I correct in what I could gather from my research? Correct me if I'm wrong on anything. Secondly, assuming I'm wrong about the beta being somehow illegal to distribute, can anyone here direct me on a way to acquire a beta or, failing that, direct me on how I could get neek2o to work on a WiiU, whether that be from an obscure dev build or something of the sort (assuming it's possible in the first place)? Finally, can someone tell me what a "di" actually is, and how it would benefit me to use, if it even does at all?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are correct for all your points.
The "di" is the emulation of the "disc interface" (or another acronym), which lets you emulate/redirect the disc access to another device (SD or USB), allowing you to mount Wii Disc based games in the neek's Disc channel. It can benefit you if you want to play a game with an anti-piracy check which detects USBLoaders. (Tintin for example)
Neek requires that the "loaded discs" are in extracted format (files and folders on SD or USB), not in ISO format.
Neek2o works with wbfs files instead (that's one of the two main differences with the normal neek)
Neek2o can autoboot channels at launch and bypass the system menu display (that's the second main difference with normal neek)

The existing version for WiiU vWii is indeed illegal because it contains nintendo IOS data. instead of being released in usual files to be compiled by the end users, the developers provided "pre-packed version" to beta testers, and it's this version which is leaked.
There's maybe a link somewhere in this thread or in "vWii neek" thread.

Reactions: thepieddragon

thepieddragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct for all your points.
The "di" is the emulation of the "disc interface" (or another acronym), which lets you emulate/redirect the disc access to another device (SD or USB), allowing you to mount Wii Disc based games in the neek's Disc channel. It can benefit you if you want to play a game with an anti-piracy check which detects USBLoaders. (Tintin for example)
Neek requires that the "loaded discs" are in extracted format (files and folders on SD or USB), not in ISO format.
Neek2o works with wbfs files instead (that's one of the two main differences with the normal neek)
Neek2o can autoboot channels at launch and bypass the system menu display (that's the second main difference with normal neek)

The existing version for WiiU vWii is indeed illegal because it contains nintendo IOS data. instead of being released in usual files to be compiled by the end users, the developers provided "pre-packed version" to beta testers, and it's this version which is leaked.
There's maybe a link somewhere in this thread or in "vWii neek" thread.

Thanks for the info. There's barely any documentation for this put together for some reason... I take it neek2o for WiiU (as far as an official release goes) is still in development then? Or is it on hold?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last year, the developer told me he hoped he could complete his project and release a final and official release.
That was last year, I don't have any information since that conversation, I don't know if he worked on it, nor if it's still planed (unknown date) or officially a dropped project.
But it's maybe like me, I didn't release a new USBLoaderGX for a year, but that doesn't mean it's a dead project, just on hold until next time I look at it again. it's not active but not dropped.

Reactions: Clutz450

quytoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do I need an USB if I'm using sneek2o+di? I tried without an USB and it stuck at Reloading Bootmii IOS.
Is there a neek2o USB compatibility list? I tried 2 USBs, one worked, one didn't (also stuck at Reloading Bootmii IOS)
Is there a way to install the Homebrew Channel to Emunand?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SD works without USB, as long as you don't use the latest vWii beta leaked version.
Neek2o r96 works fine with SD.

You make it sounds like the issue is "sneek2o+di", did you try without +di?
is it the fact you enabled di that makes it not working?

Why would you want to launch homebrew while in EmuNAND state?
Neek is supposed to be used as if it were a clean/real console memory and launch games the official way (from channels).
If you need to launch homebrew, you can launch them from the real NAND's homebrew channel, or install channel version of that homebrew.
Attention, while inside Neek mode, the SD card is usually not accessible, you need to specifically build neek with SD card access enabled to let homebrew channel and other homebrew program access SD card.

quytoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
SD works without USB, as long as you don't use the latest vWii beta leaked version.
Neek2o r96 works fine with SD.

You make it sounds like the issue is "sneek2o+di", did you try without +di?
is it the fact you enabled di that makes it not working?

Why would you want to launch homebrew while in EmuNAND state?
Neek is supposed to be used as if it were a clean/real console memory and launch games the official way (from channels).
If you need to launch homebrew, you can launch them from the real NAND's homebrew channel, or install channel version of that homebrew.
Attention, while inside Neek mode, the SD card is usually not accessible, you need to specifically build neek with SD card access enabled to let homebrew channel and other homebrew program access SD card.
I want to use Multi Mod Manager to install wads without using pc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game