• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
concerning the WiiShop, is there a way to play NTSC games on a PAL Wii without suffering the 60hz->50hz speed problem (I've read some stuff here and there). I used to play Majora's mask on my real N64 Pal and I'd really like to play it full speed on my wii.
You should be able to force 60Hz in the the DI menu settings (button 2 on the wiimote), try maybe playing a little with that..
Is anyone having problems with UNEEK+DI rev 96?

I can't even get it to initialise the install on my HDD emulated NAND as it seems to hang after launching from the NEEK2O channel and no files are created on the HDD (sneekcache or in the SNEEK folder).

No issues with rev 95.
If you revert back to rev 95, all is working again and the files are created?

Also can you provide use with your setup (like emunand region and menu, which nswitch you are using, etc)?

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Etheboss

My real and emulated nand are 4.3e. I only have this one emu nand on my usb hdd (no priiloader). I have however also updated to the latest neek2o channel wad file. The neek2o files were compiled by ModMii.

I tried reverting back to rev 95 and the same thing is happening. Could it be the new channel wad file?

I'll try with the nswitch 2.0 and let you know.

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Works with 2.2. Rev 96 installs correctly.

Now I need to figure out why postloader 4.13 no longer sees the usb hdd and keeps asking me to put the config file on the sd when it auto boots in in the emu nand.

Did not have this with rev 95 and postloader.

EDIT: postloader cannot see usb hdd any more. After installing config file to sd postloader cannot see the games on the usb hdd either.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
little question
i read, that all game sneed to be wbfs on fat32, why isnt ntfs and iso or unsplitted wbfs possible?
I think it's because they're limited on memory space because of how neek works and NTFS needs a lot of memory to be able to read it ... something like that.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
COOL, thanks
just a couple clarifications then....
0x81200000
Ah, yes ... forgot I'm reading ARM code.
use 4-digit game id
I'd assume the first 4 digits?
set to 0x5d1c9ea3 for Wii game
Is there something else it could be set to for GameCube games?
Okay, I guess the 4-digit thing makes sense since game saves only use those 4 digits and there's never any conflicts that I know of.

I guess my main curiosity I still have here, then, is just if there's anything else that gamemagic might be set to. Particularly, I'm interested in being able to use the autoboot for GameCube games.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Works with 2.2. Rev 96 installs correctly.

Now I need to figure out why postloader 4.13 no longer sees the usb hdd and keeps asking me to put the config file on the sd when it auto boots in in the emu nand.

Did not have this with rev 95 and postloader.

EDIT: postloader cannot see usb hdd any more. After installing config file to sd postloader cannot see the games on the usb hdd either.
Maybe you can ask stfour to take a look at it -->> http://gbatemp.net/threads/postloader4.299384/

Reactions: stfour

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

mmm... never tested r96... latest neek2o I've tried is r95. I will check... maybe overjoy already know why ;)

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mmm... never tested r96... latest neek2o I've tried is r95. I will check... maybe overjoy already know why ;)

Nope, postloader 4.15 just won't see the games on my hdd. It sees the channels but no matter how many times I rebuild the games list it only shows the one game that is loaded in the disc channel of the emunand system menu. It doesn't see the themes folder either, and when I checked it seems to have deleted the ploader folder with all my covers on my hdd???

Something has changed with rev 96 as this is not the first time I have upgraded both neek2o and postloader. 4.13 and rev 95 worked well, 4.13 and rev 96 did not as well as 4.15 and rev 96.

Me, I'm stumped.....

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a strange problem. Emunand is working through Wiiflow, but neek2o isn't working. I tried setting up r96, but every time I launch the forwarder channel, I see a quick block of text and then it just goes back to system menu. I've tried a bunch if earlier revs, but I either get the same thing or a code dump. Everything used to work fine and one day it just code dumped. I set up everything from scratch, and now I get the message/system menu. Here is the text (sorry for the play button, I had to take a still from video it's so fast)
7525D7ED-3944-4745-9767-D26D59700BAE-5692-00000277281E736A.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going nuts over here!!!

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a strange problem. Emunand is working through Wiiflow, but neek2o isn't working. I tried setting up r96, but every time I launch the forwarder channel, I see a quick block of text and then it just goes back to system menu. I've tried a bunch if earlier revs, but I either get the same thing or a code dump. Everything used to work fine and one day it just code dumped. I set up everything from scratch, and now I get the message/system menu. Here is the text (sorry for the play button, I had to take a still from video it's so fast)
7525D7ED-3944-4745-9767-D26D59700BAE-5692-00000277281E736A.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going nuts over here!!!
.........................hello? (Echo........)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
.........................hello? (Echo........)
Do you have the BootMii IOS installed (if you had originally installed it as Boot2 you might have not thought it necessary to ALSO install it as an IOS.) Just in case, run the HackMii installer again and make have it install the BootMii IOS again. See if that helps.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the BootMii IOS installed (if you had originally installed it as Boot2 you might have not thought it necessary to ALSO install it as an IOS.) Just in case, run the HackMii installer again and make have it install the BootMii IOS again. See if that helps.
Thank you Maxternal. That worked! The confusing thing is that I have 2 Wiis. The other one is not dependent on bootmii. Neek2o works just fine without it. No matter, as long as its working. Thank you again kind sir.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a quick reminder guys, neek2o has a IRC channel where you can get help too..you just need to be patient sometimes...for an answer.

You can find it on IRC.ABJECTS.NET and the channel is called #CDI

roukxwel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
I am French excuse I for my in not very good English

He would not be sensible to modify the sneek folder and the bootmiineek

Kind:

Neek with kernel.bin

Bootmiineek2o with armboot of sneek

We could use neek2o channel and switch To neek since the same wii

So neek2o and sneek\Uneek of Crediar can work together

Dios Mios and DML work very well on Nand emulated with sneek\neek official but big concerns under neek2o

Of more Mario Kart arch turns under sneek (Nand on SD) we could so throw sneek ( crediar ) for MKA and neek2o on USB

I am not dev's of it is just an idea

DashXFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I have a turn to fail?

I'm running a clean Nand created by Modmii 6.2.6 with neek2o rev 95 (Because 96 doesn't seem to find the TMD of the requested title).

Menu version is 4.3U

I have found that five of my US games so far just aren't working... The Disc Channel banner for the game shows up fine and sometimes loads the Safety screen too! Though it either ends up as a black screen or hangs on loading. Here are the games I'm currently having a problem with:

Fortune Street NTSC-U
Monster Hunter Tri NTSC-U
Pokepark 1 NTSC-U
The Last Story NTSC-U
Xenoblade Chronicles NTSC-U

Now to be safe, I did test these backups with the Dolphin Emulator and was able to load and play each one. This should mean that there isn't anything wrong with the dump, right? I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple, but I can't seem to figure out what I'm missing. I suppose I could dump my own NAND and copy over the Shared2 Folder, but I'm not confident in that all my games will magically run. I swear, I'm supposed to add a specific IOS to run most games, but should the clean Nand made have all that? I don't believe I saw a Compatibility List for games, so I'd assume they should all work on the EmuNand with no issues.

Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, but I could really use some help with this. I've been working on this EmuNand on and off for the past week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I just made a mighty.dol replacement that for CFG that uses Neek2o to run emuNAND games instead of a cIOS if anyone's interested.

If you have the nSwitch / Neek2o channel (NK2O) installed on your emuNAND and you want it toreturn to real NAND when you leave the channel use this one
http://www.mediafire.com/?gz9i4zvh9z18lj5

Otherwise, use this one which will return you to your Neek2o system menu.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1ff03exute1aye3

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone give me some pointers to get Mario Kart GP working. Think I have tried just about everything wii just shuts down.

Thanks!!

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From IRC:
[10:00.05] <!OverjoY> are we still having ppl that have problems with neek and their hdd?
[10:00.34] <!OverjoY> or is it ready enough
Overjoy is talking about neek2o r97 beta 5.2, people that still have trouble with rev 96 please report on IRC to test the latest beta..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo