• Likes 5

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it doesnt but not completely sure on this

thanks ill await an official answer, but mainly im asking because i cannot get neek2o to boot with my my hard drive and it has before so it bothers me. it seems like the amount of games is where it fails (i have A LOT of gc and wii games and channels on the emunand) so i want to try with a blank nand and no games and see if it works.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it seems the newest rev in abz masterpiece pack doesnt work again, i did get the last one working fine (i think beta 5.2?) but now the newer one just blinks three times, short flash, longer flash, short flash.

im using the same nand dump on the same hdd.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hate to be a noob, but can I use the diosmios.bin and quadforce.bin put out in the *NEEK DI versions of DM and quadForce under NEEK2O? That is, just drop them into the USB:\sneek folder like you can with 'standard' SNEEK?

Or do I have to install the 'real NAND' DM or QuadForce WADs into an emu NAND (and also therefore have one NAND for DM and one for QF)? I've not been able to get DM working under NEEK2O at all as yet.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hate to be a noob, but can I use the diosmios.bin and quadforce.bin put out in the *NEEK DI versions of DM and quadForce under NEEK2O? That is, just drop them into the USB:\sneek folder like you can with 'standard' SNEEK?

Or do I have to install the 'real NAND' DM or QuadForce WADs into an emu NAND (and also therefore have one NAND for DM and one for QF)? I've not been able to get DM working under NEEK2O at all as yet.
It should work the same way with neek2o, so yes diosmios.bin and quadforce.bin in the sneek folder should be enough.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
It should work the same way with neek2o, so yes diosmios.bin and quadforce.bin in the sneek folder should be enough.

Odd. Doesn't work for me. This needs the 'standard' MIOS (RVL-mios-v10 or whatever it is) and BC-v6 installed on the emu NAND? Then those .bins in the USB:\SNEEK folder? Done that and games are visible in the NEEK overlay menu but selecting a game then launching it from the disc channel just restarts the Wii and it boots back into real NAND. If I use postLoader under NEEK2O to launch the game then the same reboot-to-real-NAND occurs.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, you got the same problem as me (and others), it seems that this combination does not work on every wii somehow, the dev. is still puzzled about this and tries to work it out. He also got it working like 50%..

Theoratically it should work, and i think you did everything right.
The only thing you can do now is install DM(L) in your emunand or delete the bin files and install DM(L) in your real nand, with this option neek2o will use the real nand to boot GC or QF games.

I still got a question for you zfa, it seems like you already tried it with crediars *neek, maybe you can tell me your neek setup?
Do you use the emunand on hdd or SD? Do you use the DI module?
I am really curious here, because i could not get it to work with crediars uneek+DI on my wii.

Edit: HERE is a link to a howto install DM/QF in *neek just in case.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Well this is kind of good news - it proves I wasn't doing something stupid!

I will try to install DM into my emu NAND but I think I tried this with earlier releases and it resulted in my Wii simply shutting down when a title was launched. If I install DM into emuNAND do I still need the sneek\diosmios.bin or is this unnecessary duplication? I assume I remove it (I will do so on first attempt anyway as it makes it easier to troubleshoot).

My NEEK2O setup is pretty standard I think. My NAND is held on USB and NEEK2O app files held in USB:\sneek (so nothing on SD at all). NEEK2O is set to auto-boot into the postloader channel (defined in the NEEK overlay menu) but I have been dropping to the Wii menu for my tests to rule out PL. The DI module is in use to play .WBFS files from USB:\wbfs instead of whatever the old SNEEK game format was which I forget now.

Do you know if it makes any difference installing DM into emuNAND via WiiMod (say) under NEEK2O or using SHowMiiWADs to install the .wAD direct to the emuNAND? Is one 'better' than the other? I'm guessing ShowMiiWADs would be the best option to rule out problems with WiiMod under NEEK?

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you install DM in emunand, you need to delete diosmios.bin. Neek2o first looks for the bin file, then looks in the emunand, then the real nand...

So it is clear to me now you prolly never used DM with crediars *neek, too bad, i was really curious if it had the same problems.

About installing DM in emunand, I am not really sure, but i can safely say the showmiiwads is the preferred way..i never heard any problems after using it.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if the sound issue regarding quadforce is being either looked at or being working on at the moment?

As it's nothing to do with crediar at all, as the sound works perfectly fine with s/uneek and on a actual NAND. :/

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LWares87 said:
Does anyone know if the sound issue when using quadforce is being either looked at or being working on at the moment?

As it's nothing to do with crediar at all, as the sound works perfectly fine with s/uneek and on a actual NAND. :/
Need stuff like this, sneek, etc on vWii. Someday Wii U if SDK/keys/exploit is released. Still dev work on Wii; good for Wii at least.

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am having a interesting problem with Neek2o and Rock Band 3. I did the build with Modmii, the NAND as well. It runs fine. I have the disc updates turned off via the Neek2o settings. I am running from a original disc not a copy. I do have a few Wiiware games on the NAND, and a few WII games on the USB but there is still over a gig in space free (I am using a 8gig flash drive with this setup at the moment). All games and everything else runs fine that I found so far.

Here is the problem: when I start RB3 (from the disc channel) it loads fine past the intro etc. Once it starts to get to the "checking music content" a "corrupt save game" warning pops up and I am given a choice to overwrite or go into no save mode. Sometimes it waits until I press + to pick a create/pick a profile. If I overwrite I can keep going but it occasionally pops up. Now the really werd part: if I go into the music library and try to download a song it starts then after a bit tells me I am not connected to the internet. Which I know I have all the settings right/working. Other items work, such as internet channel without problems. So it is odd it is saying that I was not connected. Then last night when I was playing around I got a memory full message, even though I have over 1 gig free. So any one else run into this? I know benchlor mentioned having a issue with memory space after awhile back (page 54 of this thread) but at this point I don't even have one song loaded so i don't think that is the issue.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, right that probably explains it, this was fixed in one of the beta's after r96.
I am afraid you have to wait until R97 is going to be released...
I would like to tell you when, but the developer is not sure yet about the date..

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least it is not anything I am doing wrong lol. Hmm any work around? Something that might be conflicting that I could change? A earlier version perhaps or has this always been a problem? I had heard others downloading DLC without issues in the past so I was thinking it was something I was doing.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well at least it is not anything I am doing wrong lol. Hmm any work around? Something that might be conflicting that I could change? A earlier version perhaps or has this always been a problem? I had heard others downloading DLC without issues in the past so I was thinking it was something I was doing.
If you like, you can try the latest beta... please come to neek2o IRC for it, i would rather not post the link here..

IRC Server: irc.abjects.net
Channel: #cdi

Not sure if it ever worked before and stopped working in the past, i know only that the latest beta should work.

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I didn't know that posting such links were against forum policy? Could you PM me the link?

UPDATE:
SOmething interesting I noticed. The save file on the RB3 was only 12 bocks. The one on my real NAND is 113, no wonder it was saying the file was corrupted. Something definitely not right.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm I didn't know that posting such links were against forum policy? Could you PM me the link?

UPDATE:
SOmething interesting I noticed. The save file on the RB3 was only 12 bocks. The one on my real NAND is 113, no wonder it was saying the file was corrupted. Something definitely not right.
Posting links to ninty code is, and a fully compiled ready to use version of the homebrew could contain that...
Anyway, i'll ask OverjoY (the dev.) if it's OK to link you the files in a PM. If you can't wait for that i suggest again you come to IRC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol