• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys have an wonderful app and I never though of using PostLoader to autoboot neek2o :) rwar! I would really like this to.

Could you guys help me out :) I'm having problems syncing my Wii remotes to some of the emulated nand, even those created with ModMii; my own extracted Wii dump works fine. Is there a file which I can copy from my Wii dump to the other emulated nands to help the wii mote issue? Like I was in a korean wii emu-nand and when I loaded the game the Wii motes lost sync and after turning off the Wii and reloading the nand the Wii motes would not sync still :( I had to make a new korean nand. I also still cannot get a E nand to load properly LoL.

You guys are truly wonderful though.

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Third time lucky, got JoYflow 2.3 and r57 to work (covers downloaded and all).

Issue, when I tried to load a game (Tintin as is the only game I use neek2o for), I got a blue screen with white letters saying "Error #002....take disc out etc.??? Had this error with 2.3 and r56 yesterday as well.

After a hard reset the game appears in the disc channel and can be loaded through JoYflow, however, the save game data got corrupted and disappeared.

EDIT: Sorry to keep harping on about this, it's just that I had no problems whatsoever with 2.2 and r04 (I can always go back to this if issues continue).

I also have this problem that after selecting a new game in joyflow i get error #002, the next time i start up the game, it is visible in diskchannel and starts without problems from joyflow.

Seems to be an issue that joyflow already starts a disk that isn't mounted yet? Any clues how to resolve this issue?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you use the neek2o overlay menu to mount the disk, and if you launch it on the disc channel, does it work every time with the correct gamesave data?
Another program capable of launching games is postloader. It would be interesting to know if that one loads the game correctly.
If it's a Joyflow issue, I have to leave it to Overjoy.

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you use the neek2o overlay menu to mount the disk, and if you launch it on the disc channel, does it work every time with the correct gamesave data?
Another program capable of launching games is postloader. It would be interesting to know if that one loads the game correctly.
If it's a Joyflow issue, I have to leave it to Overjoy.

I tried this several times with the overlay menu and with postloader and can't reproduce the error. When i try it with joyloader i can reproduce it after several game loads, meaning it doesn't alway result in a fault with joyloader!

Also noticed following in the emulated Nand:
I tried to download the ugrade for MW3 for online play in neek2o, without succes! I have internet acces and i can download stuff from the shopchannel!
The upgrade in real Nand was without any problems! Any others with same problem?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The MW3 upgrade download is a problem that came up already a while ago.
It's on my todo list to check it out. I will report if I know more about it.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys have an wonderful app and I never though of using PostLoader to autoboot neek2o :) rwar! I would really like this to.

Could you guys help me out :) I'm having problems syncing my Wii remotes to some of the emulated nand, even those created with ModMii; my own extracted Wii dump works fine. Is there a file which I can copy from my Wii dump to the other emulated nands to help the wii mote issue? Like I was in a korean wii emu-nand and when I loaded the game the Wii motes lost sync and after turning off the Wii and reloading the nand the Wii motes would not sync still :( I had to make a new korean nand. I also still cannot get a E nand to load properly LoL.

You guys are truly wonderful though.

You want to copy your real sysconf over to your emu NAND. If you can't be bothered messing around with NAND dumps and files etc. then there's an option to do this in Mighty Channels. Just launch MC and press 'home' then it's under NAND options.

cippazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to download the ugrade for MW3 for online play in neek2o, without succes! I have internet acces and i can download stuff from the shopchannel!
The upgrade in real Nand was without any problems! Any others with same problem?

me, I made a post in this thread some days ago

obcd said:
The MW3 upgrade download is a problem that came up already a while ago.
It's on my todo list to check it out. I will report if I know more about it.

thank you very much ! I'll wait for news about it.
In the meanwhile.... is there a way to copy the MW3 update downloaded in real nand, to the emu nand ?

bye

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You could take a backup of your real nand (like with bootmii) and extract it with showmiinand / showmiiwads.
The update should be in the extracted stuff somewhere, so you should be able to copy it to your emulated nand.
I don't have a clue what it is for the moment. I am just giving this information as a global guideline to experiment with.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a changelog somewhere? I see the source is at revision 61 right now (at least the read only download is), while the precompiled version is version 58... and both of those are newer than what the first post in this thread references

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help. I can't get uneek to load for the life of me. Yeah, first post, but I've been trolling these boards for a while. Every console I own is hacked. This is the first time I can't get something working. It's driving me nuts.

My Wii has been soft modded for a long time, via the original Twilight Hack. I've kept it on 4.1U with many cIOS updates applied over the years. I've got BootMii installed as IOS since my boot2 cant support it. I've gone a ton of homebrew installed on SD. I've been using USB CFG Loader with a usb drive for a long time. All my games are in /wbfs/title [id6]/id6.wbfs format on a 500G drive formatted as a single FAT32 partition with 16K cluster size, not 32K. It does have the active/boot flag set.

I used ModMii to create a uneek installation and a 4.3U nand image, with channels, with HBF, and without Priiloader, figuring I would install it later using the new installer. ModMii works great. It can't be any easier. Copy one folder to SD, another to USB, install a WAD for the channel and you're done. But when I launch uneek from either the channel or directly from nswitch via HBC, I just get a black screen. After a few minutes, my drive light starts to blink. I tried to launch nswitch from PL3 and from WiiXplorer. Same thing.

I saw something about a limitation on the length of the wbfs subfolder name and mine are quite long, so I renamed my wbfs folder (to wbfs.old), made a new empty wbfs folder, and moved one wbfs file there. I still got the black screen and blinking drive light.

I saw a post that sneek might work that there could be some usb timing thing, so I tried that. I got the same black screen and eventually the drive light starts to blink. In all cases, i never get a sneek/nandcfg file. In the beta tester thread there was mention of di and es log files. Just create the text files, and it'll append to them. But I get nothing in the log at all. I

I also tried a virgin 4.3U nand built from ModMii without any channels or hacks applied. But all I get is a black screen.

I then decided to completely re-soft mod my Wii for giggles. I figured it couldn't hurt especially since I hadn't updated it in a while. I used ModMii to build a full 4.1U installation. Again, the process is simple. ModMii is great. It downloaded everything, I dropped it on a new SD. Re-install hackmii via bannerbomb. Re-install Priiloader. Install a boat load of WAD's for the IOS, cIOS, and channels. I don't think it's much different than I had before, but I gave it a try anyway. Unfortunately, I still get the same black screen. I have no idea what to do next other than to convert my own nand dump for use.

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I read that as well. How long are we talking? I've left it sitting there, with the black screen, and blinking drive light for at least 10 minutes.

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured that was too long. I've only ever have one nand in the nands folder at a time. And I did read to try and reload uneek a few times with it but the emu nand never boots for me. Ok so it sounds like the only option left for me is what I guessed -- convert my nand.bin backup and try to use that. If this does work, what then? (I have priiloader installed, and I thought standard priiloader presented some issues which is why there's a special installer for the emu nand?)

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
priiloader only has issues when you go into it's setup menu. That's why there is a special version. The priiloader on your real nand backup shouldn't be a problem.

It really looks like neek2o isn't getting access to your harddisk. This also explains why the logfiles remain unchanged.

The advise I give in such a case is to try out a sneek setup (without di) first. It doesn't need the harddisk and allows you to test if your emulated nand works fine.
You can copy the nand folders to the harddisk afterwards and use them for neek2o.

Another thing you could try first is copiing the usb:/sneek/kernel.bin to sd:/sneek/kernel.bin as well. Due to a small bug in nswitch, it doesn't properly retry to access the harddisk.
If your harddisk would be one of those that doesn't startup from the first try, you would have problems as well.

It's normal that you see 1 flash on the drive bay light during startup. Continous flashing or continously showing a flashing pattern means that some files are missing or inaccessible.

If possible, you could try a setup on another fat32 formatted harddisk or usb stick. It might prove the harddisk issue.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can see the changes for each revision on the google code page here:
http://code.google.c...-di/source/list
Wow I'm blind - sorry :P

Edit: Hmm, just saw that Crediar has been making a few changes on the original over the last couple days. I thought he stopped working on sneek... cool either way

Yes, typical... now we have two active forks and have to decide which to use!! NEEK2O has the edge for me though.

I know right? Neek2o it is for me too unless Crediar ends up supporting on-the-fly nand switching and wbfs support. Though if Crediar intends to and successfully gets IOS58 working, I guess I'd switch back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 @Xdqwerty +1