XP
Country

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. It's not blinking in any pattern I can discern. It's just continually blinking. Since both uneek+di and sneek+di fail I guess it does point to my hard drive which is strange as it works perfectly with usb loaders from real nand. It's easy enough to drop a small game onto a usb stick as a test. If that doesn't work I'll try sneek without di. If either work, I should move the expanded nands folder onto the hard drive and see if it recognizes the hard drive?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does neek2o use the diconfig.bin and the select game ioctl for all games no matter in which format they are? Or is the support for non extracted games somehow hacked?

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. It's not blinking in any pattern I can discern. It's just continually blinking. Since both uneek+di and sneek+di fail I guess it does point to my hard drive which is strange as it works perfectly with usb loaders from real nand. It's easy enough to drop a small game onto a usb stick as a test. If that doesn't work I'll try sneek without di. If either work, I should move the expanded nands folder onto the hard drive and see if it recognizes the hard drive?

That's the way to go, to make sure it's not a bad file or something. Also, I wanted to say that when I initially setup UNEEK (before neek2o came out), I had trouble with my hard drive when the sectors were larger than 8 KB, but at 8 KB, my drive worked great. Maybe that's something else you could try

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could take a backup of your real nand (like with bootmii) and extract it with showmiinand / showmiiwads.
The update should be in the extracted stuff somewhere, so you should be able to copy it to your emulated nand.
I don't have a clue what it is for the moment. I am just giving this information as a global guideline to experiment with.

this trick work for me

now i can play MW3 online

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@hellboy2010
Do you mind telling us what exactly the download content of MF3 is on your nand? It might give us a little more time to fix things if people have a workaround.

@snikerz
While it are nice improvements, I am a little afraid of them. I believe that the real nand support requires to install a modified ios80 as ios 80.
This is just what everybody will say not to do. If you have bootmii as boot2, you can fix problems afterwards. If you don't have it...
I haven't looked into the disc ripping thing. Some readings make me believe that it now can rip directly into discex format.
If that is the case, you can ask, do we really need it as we support wbfs playback.
We sure will look to the improvements in the code, and use them as well.
So basically, iso backup should do the trick, unless there is no support for splitting with dual layer game discs.
Probably, booting a neek real nand will give some speed improvements, but you are limited again to 1 nand, with a limited capacity as well.
Maybe someone will be able to convince me, but right now I am a bit sceptical.
Not about the fact it will work or not, but about the fact that it's a good idea to promote it to the general public.

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK i don`t know exactly what are you looking for, but

this is the content from my nand for that update.

ticket>00010005 >734d3845.tik

title>00010005 >734d3845 >data ...empty folder
title>00010005 >734d3845 >content
00000000.app
00000001.app
title.tmd

a screenshot from showmiiwads.
capturemjq.png

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Almost always the latest when i want something tested. Sneek support was added in beta52, so anything older will cause issues, which i don't care about.

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a brand new ModMii created 4.3U nand with all the bells and whistles installed on a usb stick. It booted up relatively quickly and I saw my one game in the disk channel. I could switch back and forth between emu nand and real nand without any issues. I made sure the game started from the disk channel and from Joyflow on the emu nand. (Is there any advantage to using Joyflow on emu nand, or is it just convenience and aesthetics over the di-overlay menu?)

I moved the expanded nand folder to my hard drive but it didn't work. I verified I have kernel.bin in sd:/sneek. Clearly there's some incompatibility with my drive. But it works fine with USB CFG loader and I'm reluctant to move 100 games to another drive, assuming I can dig out one that works. Any other work arounds to try?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could you just check the cluster size of your harddrive? Connect it to your pc. Check it's reported free space. Add a small file to the drive and check it's free space again.
Calculate the difference between the 2 numbers, and report those together with your brand and type of harddisk.
Also perhaps give the "size on disk" that windows reports in the file properties as well.

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an old parallel 500GB Seagate ST350083-0A in a generic USB enclosure. It's formatted as FAT32 with a 16K cluster size. I can see it was formatted under linux with mkdosfs but it works just fine under Windows. Anything less than 64K clusters should work, right? The usb stick I tested with earlier was also formatted under linux with mkdosfs and it's got a 4K cluster size.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I assume the partition is set active? I think it's needed to be like that.
Uneek can be pretty picky about what harddisks it likes.
I am trying to create a spindown fix, but that's not your problem.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@WiiPower

neek2o does use the DVDSelectGame ioctl to select a game in wbfs format. The only thing I can think of that could break the support is that the structure of diconfig.bin is changed

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@WiiPower

neek2o does use the DVDSelectGame ioctl to select a game in wbfs format. The only thing I can think of that could break the support is that the structure of diconfig.bin is changed

NeoGamma only needs the titles from the diconfig.bin. If they are still at the same offset with the same gap to the next one, it'll work. If not, why was it changed?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It was changed to allow a longer file / folder size, as 32 bytes was a little to the limit.
If you request the gamecount to the new di, it will set one of the higher bits to indicate that the new diconfig.bin format is used.
We don't expect someone to have more than 65535 games on his disk.
The gametype is also stored in the diconfig.bin. (wbfs or fst) This is to allow faster processing.
There are 4 bytes added to the end of the file. This is the rawgamecount. It's the number of files and folders under the games and wbfs folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @4d1xlaan, he just wanted to sit down