Hardware [Needed] GBA flash card recommendation.

sound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Needed] GBA flash card recommendation.

I'm looking to get a GBA flash card that will work with a GBA and that also has SD card compatibility. It does not matter what kind of SD card is required; standard, mini or micro is fine.

I have been looking all around the web and I have found it very confusing to find one, maybe because they all have similar names e.g. EZ Flash, Flash Linker or one of the many Supercard's thats avaailable. GBAtemp.net seemed to have a lot of reviews of flash cards, so I know this is the place to get a recommendation.

Some years back, I used to have an XG Flash 2 Lite. It was a great little card that had good rom compatibility, though there was one major flaw, the internal battery would only hold the game saves for about 24 hours. That practically made the card useless, that is why I am being very cautious now.

Hopefully someone can help?

Thank you in advance,

sound

sound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks how_do_i_do_that,

That's the best one i have seen so far. It has good GBA compatibility and can be used with a GBA or a NDS. I'll wait for about a week before ordering one, just in case a better card gets recommended.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Neo_Ch!p said:
You can also order some EZ-Flash IV from Price Angels.com
it is the cheapest place to buy Ez-Flash IV..

If you want RTC, look for the dead (and hard to find) M3. Or just buy an original Pokemon (at ebay you can get good prices for an used one).

sound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
yea ezflash 4 is a good cart but NO REAL-TIME CLOCK

I don't mind the RTC issue. Most of the games I will be using will not require it. Most of the Pokemon games do need the Real Time Clock, I sympathize for you situation, as far I know there are patches available that can fix the RTC issue in Pokemon games. It might be worth looking up?

sound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
@kiafazool
I don't see why you need to get a gba flashcart with RTC, you can just get a M3 GEP and use gba exploader to run all your pokemon games from the DS lite you got. It also works with your slot1s that you got.

Perhaps he feels the same way as I do about GBA games, that they should be played on there native console. It just doesn't seem right to play GBA games on a DS (or any other console for that matter?).

That's only my opinion though.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sound said:
Perhaps he feels the same way as I do about GBA games, that they should be played on there native console. It just doesn't seem right to play GBA games on a DS (or any other console for that matter?).

DS / DS Lite has native support for GBA...

So it actually is playing it on a "native console"...

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
DS / DS Lite has native support for GBA...

So it actually is playing it on a "native console"...

DS can't play multiplayer games (cable connection)...
Native console meaning real Game Boy Advance hardware.

I agree that the DS feels totally weird to me compared to GBA hardware, with its two screens with one screen off and the screen that is on with black bars because of the different aspect ratio.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: