Hacking Need to update from 4.2 to 4.3, with hacked wii?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, what are you talking about? You are more likely to (permanently) brick it if you have a newer Wii.
So, you are an authority! Could you throw a number? Newer wii bricked => Send to Nintendo!
No, because you can't send a softmodded Wii to Nintendo. Even if it is bricked to the point where Nintendo couldn't tell, that doesn't change that it is more likely to brick.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, as far as Ive understood it, you are not more likely to brick the Wii if its newer.
Its just IF you brick it, you will have a lot fewer options to repair it than older Wiis. No?

Anyway, as Joostin have tried to say several times, there is NO GAIN AT ALL by updating to 4.3.
Only reason you should be on 4.3 is if your Wii came with 4.3 installed already, but even so I think they are downgradable to 4.2 or 4.1 (unsure, I stick with 4.3, I have no plans on bricking it :P)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, as far as Ive understood it, you are not more likely to brick the Wii if its newer.
Its just IF you brick it, you will have a lot fewer options to repair it than older Wiis. No?
Correct. I specified "permanently" because the chance of a brick from a failed update is the same for any Wii, whether it's new, old, softmodded, or a virgin.

Anyway, as Joostin have tried to say several times, there is NO GAIN AT ALL by updating to 4.3.
Only reason you should be on 4.3 is if your Wii came with 4.3 installed already, but even so I think they are downgradable to 4.2 or 4.1 (unsure, I stick with 4.3, I have no plans on bricking it :P)
New Wii's can be on 3.4 and above using the official IOS (lower SM's as well if you have base 60 installed). If you are already on 4.2/4.3, then there is very little reason to downgrade to 4.1, unless you have a region changed Korean Wii or (in my case) need to test stuff that requires older exploits. It's when people want to upgrade just because they think newer = better that annoys me.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol, what are you talking about? You are more likely to (permanently) brick it if you have a newer Wii.
So, you are an authority! Could you throw a number? Newer wii bricked => Send to Nintendo!
Dude, I don't understand why you are so block headed. What Joostin(which is a fairly good programmer) tries to tell you is that updating your Wii to 4.3 gives you nothing. Most people come here saying I want to update my Wii and then they mess things up and then return crying I BRICKED MY WII :( . Joostin is trying to prevent this from happening, unless the Op use Modmii to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit