Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright GBAtemp I really need your help. I had a camera and I had pictures in the camera. But then I got a Wii and I needed an SD card so I used the one from the camera. I backed up everything from the camera to my computer. Then I deleted everything on the SD card and put all my Wii hacks stuff in there. Today my computer got a virus and I restored my computer and all the pictures deleted. Is there any way I can get it back? They are really important because they have all the pictures of everything. I have the SD card with me and I thought maybe I can recover what is deleted on my SD card.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried Recuva on my SD card. I only got about 20 pictures back and some video files. But there were more important pictures and videos that I can not find in the SD card. Do you think any other program can recover it better then Recuva? Also any program can recover from a computer that was formatted?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recovered some files that were in my computer before with Wondershare photo recovery. But when I try to save it it tells me to buy the dam program. Shit I need to look for something else.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know freeware that does the same thing. I am currently using a freeware named Asoftech but its really crappy because it gives me like 1000 different pictures it finds even some from my catch and I can't find any of the pictures I need. Maybe there is a freeware that can also filter the photos it finds for it to be over 2MB each, since I remember my photos were more then 2MB each because of my camera. Also they were all JPG. Recuva is taking to long its only on 62% for the past 2 hours.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I recovered some of the pictures. There are just to many pictures to browse threw. Is there a way to filter with Recuva like I know for sure my pictures are .jpg. And I also know that are all over 3MBs.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Box in the top right corner, equally you can click on the columns and you can also change view mode to a tree type view that might help.

MarkAlter

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi,

Yes you can retrieve all your photos either from your micro sd card or from the computer by using Kernel for fat and ntfs software and Recovery Fix's windows software, these two are very efficient software for the purpose of recovery of data from both FAT and NTFS type of partitions but there is the only condition that the space on which the data should not be overwritten.

Thanks

GeekJr

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Guys, in case when Recuva doesn't help, you can use ZAR (Zero Assumption Recovery) which allows to recover digital images and videos for free (just use their demo).

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into this problem again... Except this time its with my microSD. It got water damaged and now when I try to open it up on my computer it tells me to format the card. Any way to recover the pictures before I format?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the options menu of recuva you also have "search for non-deleted files" which might be worth a try.

You might also try jumping to a linux liveCD or something- I have often had better luck accessing dodgy discs there but FAT32 does not tend to trouble windows. I will note though I usually see "when I try to open it up on my computer it tells me to format the card" when the USB ports or memory card reader is on the way out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?