Help with Ryujinx on Linux (lost saves)

sab8062

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I need help, I am on Linux (Pop_OS) and I've been playing Skyrim on Ryujinx for A LOT of time because I like grinding in that game. My character was level 111 and I didn't even start the main quest yet.
Today I saved, stopped playing and turned off my computer anmd now I turned it on again to load my save and continue playing but I lost ALL my saves for that game, I had two different characters and now there is nothing, I tried opening the saves folder and it is empty... anybody can help me please? Is there away to get back my saves?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Doubtfully. If they're not in your trash bin, they're gone. It may be a good idea to check for disk failures, too. It's rather concerning for data to just go missing like that, unless you're using a filesystem like F2FS. An improper shutdown will lead to data loss when using it.

sab8062

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you. I never had any problem except this time with Ryujinx so I'm quite sure that it is just a problem of the emulator.
From now on I decided to manually make backups of my saves every time I play.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That's likely the best idea. You're probably right, too. It may be keeping that data in RAM, and not properly writing it back to the disk for whatever reason. I've not ever ran Ryu under Linux, either, so it may be a quirk in the .Net language. I really don't like using stuff written in it under Linux, because it tends to act weird. SteamFriendsPatcher is another good example of this. If you know how to set up a build environment, Yuzu builds just fine under Pop. I'd recommend doing that if Ryu gives you any more trouble. As an added bonus, you get an emulator that's optimized for your machine, as the compiler will tune it for your hardware.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Please do a filecheck on your system. You probably have Ext4 if you run Pop_OS.
Funnily enough, the installer actually defaulted to F2FS for me. I just set it up on a new PC a couple of weeks ago. I dunno if it's due to being on an NVMe, but I had to change it to EXT4. Only reason why i really made mention of it. If they are on EXT4, though, that would be cause for concern. Journaling is meant to help prevent this kind of loss, so running a SMART test is probably a good next step.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh? Really? I thought they where still using EXT4 as default while the rest of the linux community kind of started to go over to btrfs.
But yes, F2FS should be a lot better for a NAND based drive :)

Funny fact about F2FS

Max volume size16 TB
Max file size3.94 TB

Noo! How should I fit my 3.95 TB .txt files?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone