Hacking Need to hack 4.3 but my hard drive does not work

snuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just connected to my new wireless network and my Wii updated to 4.3u without prompting me and I lost the Homebrew Channel and USB loader. The disk drive on my Wii no longer works so I was loading all games off of a hard drive. Is there any way for me to get Homebrew back? the only 4.3 hacks I've seen req a game and since my hd is broken, that is not an option. Can I downgrade or hack without a game?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
snuka said:
I just connected to my new wireless network and my Wii updated to 4.3u without prompting me

What? Is that even possible? Why do people always lie about this, just admit that you were a dummy and updated it yourself. Should have disabled system updates with priiloader, and just shut off wii connect 24 because its just worthless anyways.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Crass said:
snuka said:
I just connected to my new wireless network and my Wii updated to 4.3u without prompting me

What? Is that even possible? Why do people always lie about this, just admit that you were a dummy and updated it yourself. Should have disabled system updates with priiloader, and just shut off wii connect 24 because its just worthless anyways.

It is impossible, assuming OP is not lying, maybe other person updated and haven't told him.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
This is for sure the "come on, just get it on, I wanna play, click yes, click yes, click yes, damn what was that? Ah, nvm..." behavior which ends like this...

When setting up a new wlan connection on your Wii a selftest will be initiated and when a update is availiable, the Wii asks you to update.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am sorry to say, but without a working disc drive you are pretty screwed. If you have a working bootmii you can use this to start the HBC Installer (I think, never had to rehack my Wii). But all other 4.3 hacks require a genuine disc and an drive to read it.
Oh and what exactly is broken? The subject line says hard drive, the post says disc drive.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gabelvampir said:
I am sorry to say, but without a working disc drive you are pretty screwed. If you have a working bootmii you can use this to start the HBC Installer (I think, never had to rehack my Wii). But all other 4.3 hacks require a genuine disc and an drive to read it.
Oh and what exactly is broken? The subject line says hard drive, the post says disc drive.

Yes, is possible to run bootmini.elf through bootmii. And a working forwarder channel can load homebrew (MMM for example) to run Hackmii installer too.

snuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE from OP:

I'm not lying but maybe I was too eager to connect to my wifi or maybe I am just naive or a little dumb on this subject. Once I hacked my 3.2, I never messed with my wii because I didn't want to accidentally break the hack. This especially became the case when my disk drive died (the steady click of death.) I don't know why I said 'hard drive' in the post title - it was late...

I assume if I had bootmii, it would be obvious so I'm guessing I don't have it. I believe bootmii starts up before you get the 'press A' warning screen, right? If there is a trick to finding out if I have bootmii, please let me know what it is. I'm afraid I am completely screwed at this point until a 'bannerbomb'-like hack comes out. I don't know if that will be possible since I know 4.3 killed bannerbomb and I don't know if work is currently taking place on a different dvd-free solution. If there is a way, I'm confident that this forum would be aware of it.

snuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
use modmii and generate bootmii folder and copy it to your sd card

Will that work if I don't even have homebrew now? I thought that was required to read from the sd.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If BootMii is installed as boot2 it will look on the SD card if a BootMii config file is there. If there isn't one it loads the normal boot2 and that starts the system menu. So if you don't have the right file you don't know if you have BootMii. But you Wii seems to be a bit older, so the update probably did overwrite the boot2 stuff so you don't have BootMii anymore. But as said, it is pretty invisible so try putting the right files on a SD card. I could post the files if you have problems with building the files via modmii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    at all
    like i searched all folders
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    are you using haxchi, tiramisu or aroma?
    yeah
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no, I'm asking which one of them you are using
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition +1