• Likes 26
Status
Not open for further replies.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm a non registered user for a long time and I create an account just to thank Coc4tm to this marvelous app.

I've got a 5.5.1E PAL (Euro) Wii U and I tested successfully NTSC Angry Birds Trilogy (USA Disk).

This is awesome news to all world gamers!

Welcome :D

artattack

Trophies
Website
land-of-oz.com
XP
Country
Thank you! I made my presentation in the right thread, I hope I didn't break any rules.

For me this is really an important app that lets us play the american NTSC game (Angry Birds) we bought by mistake! :)

Just another happy tester!

Last edited by artattack,

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is this working for some people ? (Because i don't mean to be rude but, i'm not sure that launching a title stored on the disc reader will work, you need to do more research about it, because this seems too easy to work :/)

Yes this is in fact working obviously compatibility is low, but it does actually work. Its still in its super early stages. It works in a similar fashion to loadiine where it just launches the default executable, I imagine there's decryption happening in RAM prior to that....

Reactions: NexoCube
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi, I'm a non registered user for a long time and I create an account just to thank Coc4tm to this marvelous app.

I've got a 5.5.1E PAL (Euro) Wii U and I tested successfully NTSC Angry Birds Trilogy (USA Disk).

This is awesome news to all world gamers!
Much thanks !

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Well. Better start plugging my PayPal ;D

(something worth thinking about is whether the CAT-R uses the same discs as the retail units. That's all I got.)
7339258b1a3df5cf40e933e0b53d4b79.png

@QuarkTheAwesome
When you get it send me a disc! xD

Hahaha enjoy your money ;3

Last edited by iAqua,
Reactions: Deleted User
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
7339258b1a3df5cf40e933e0b53d4b79.png

@QuarkTheAwesome
When you get it send me a disc! xD

Hahaha enjoy your money ;3

Thanks! :D
50 discs at $520US; that's $695AU... You can have a bit more than one-fourteenth of a disc! Enjoy!

(p.s. Seriously, thanks btw. You do know I'm probably not going to actually buy the CAT-R stuff, right?)

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't know. If it can play backups, I would try some cool stuff :'D
Can someone tell me if this tool is able to play Backups from disc?
I guess it should be possible to patch the sigcheck out for that if we can bypass the Regionlock already.

EDIT:
I don't even know if it's possible to create WiiU Game Disc Backups ^^'
It doesn't because IIRC the Wii U disc drive spins in reverse, so you would need to mod your console for backups to load from disc. There are also other copy protection methods too, probably, but I don't know what they would be.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! :D
50 discs at $520US; that's $695AU... You can have a bit more than one-fourteenth of a disc! Enjoy!

(p.s. Seriously, thanks btw. You do know I'm probably not going to actually buy the CAT-R stuff, right?)
Fun fact, the CAT-R's do not even have an optical drive and neither do the CAT-DEV's, ik as I own a CAT-DEV and have been a licensed developer for over a year now. Nintendo alone handles the pressing of discs etc, nobody else. It would be acwaste of time and money to pursue and furthermore (if it had a disc drive) any of your findings you would have to keep to yourself BC of the NDA. I know you were joking. But just wanted to point this out before a buttload of ppl start harassing you about it thinking you were serious XD

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
Fun fact, the CAT-R's do not even have an optical drive and neither do the CAT-DEV's, ik as I own a CAT-DEV and have been a licensed developer for over a year now. Nintendo alone handles the pressing of discs etc, nobody else. It would be acwaste of time and money to pursue and furthermore (if it had a disc drive) any of your findings you would have to keep to yourself BC of the NDA. I know you were joking. But just wanted to point this out before a buttload of ppl start harassing you about it thinking you were serious XD

Just a heads up because im not sure if you no. A CAT R/DEV is no longer needed to test any projects, including html5 software, it can all run from a retail console now.
HTML5 projects using nwf can just be dumped into an existing title, I use Mario vs Donkey Kong to boot.

Reactions: I pwned U!

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware, but as a licensed dev, I'm required to use the official dev hardware for debugging etc, furthermore I can't develop any sort of homebrew apps or anything and release it either. I'm locked down in that respect. I mean technically I could make free homebrew and release it on the official developer forums for only other ppl under the NDA to see and use but yeah. Also I got the CAT-DEV long before that was possible lol. Let's just say it cost me a pretty penny, (I can't reveal the actual price/cost publically) and I'm going to utilize it. I'm forming a company with a couple of close friends of mine for developing and releasing indie titles. We have a couple of projects in the works right now, nothing I want to announce yet, way too soon, but when our first title(s) comes out, GBAtemp reviewers will be getting some free download codes to try it/them out :)

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm aware, but as a licensed dev, I'm required to use the official dev hardware for debugging etc, furthermore I can't develop any sort of homebrew apps or anything and release it either. I'm locked down in that respect. I mean technically I could make free homebrew and release it on the official developer forums for only other ppl under the NDA to see and use but yeah. Also I got the CAT-DEV long before that was possible lol. Let's just say it cost me a pretty penny, (I can't reveal the actual price/cost publically) and I'm going to utilize it. I'm forming a company with a couple of close friends of mine for developing and releasing indie titles. We have a couple of projects in the works right now, nothing I want to announce yet, way too soon, but when our first title(s) comes out, GBAtemp reviewers will be getting some free download codes to try it/them out :)
Also as a liscenced dev I am bound by the same rules and required to use official hardware to debug, however I will not need to debug anything as my stuff will work first time everytime wink wink, and can still be publish to nintendo using the software liscensing tools provided. Im sure nintendo will check the productivity and integrity of software also on my behalf before they allow anything to be released on the store. Nowhere does it state I have to own any hardware but can obtain hardware at a price if needed. I just hope my server does not get hacked and software stolen that gets released anonymously to the community before It gets approved and released wink wink. If I can keep everything successfully secure for nintendo web shop release, it would definately come with a price tag of free if allowed anyway.

Last edited by ARVI80,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Also as a liscenced dev I am bound by the same rules and required to use official hardware to debug, however I will not need to debug anything as my stuff will work first time everytime wink wink, and can still be publish to nintendo using the software liscensing tools provided. Im sure nintendo will check the productivity and integrity of software also on my behalf before they allow anything to be released on the store. Nowhere does it state I have to own any hardware but can obtain hardware at a price if needed. I just hope my server does not get hacked and software stolen that gets released anonymously to the community before It gets approved and released wink wink. If I can keep everything successfully secure for nintendo web shop release, it would definately come with a price tag of free if allowed anyway.
Good 'ol Tank Tank Tank is free; so Nintendo can certainly manage that.

Random question to licensed devs in general; can you make FOSS Wii U stuff or does the NDA stop that? I'd think that if you didn't include the SDK it'd be fine and Nintendo has certainly done just that with the WebKit stuff (although I suppose they don't really count). It'd be helpful to see just how robust your code is (which, of course, works perfectly the first time every time and has no security holes at all) and it'd just be an interesting exercise. You could even start accepting derivatives back into the main codebase.

Reactions: ARVI80

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
Good 'ol Tank Tank Tank is free; so Nintendo can certainly manage that.

Random question to licensed devs in general; can you make FOSS Wii U stuff or does the NDA stop that? I'd think that if you didn't include the SDK it'd be fine and Nintendo has certainly done just that with the WebKit stuff (although I suppose they don't really count). It'd be helpful to see just how robust your code is (which, of course, works perfectly the first time every time and has no security holes at all) and it'd just be an interesting exercise. You could even start accepting derivatives back into the main codebase.

I guess the best option would be to use the non U version tools first for open source and then port it to the U using the provided dev tools afterwards. I'm not sure but I don't see how that would be any of nintys business before the point of porting.

D

Deleted User

OP
Holy cow, this is great! Sadly I can't test this but thanks for making this. Awesome to see more stuff pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr