Hacking Need some help involving a hard drive..

Takeshi666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a hard drive for my wii u. this one. I started to install games. when playing them they either crash and give me an error code or straight up freeze.
I did a little research and i might need a y cable(?).
I don’t wanna go and buy it and find out it won’t help.

opening and installing games is fine. just when opening do the problems start.

just wanted to hear others opinions.

thank you.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a hard drive for my wii u. this one. I started to install games. when playing them they either crash and give me an error code or straight up freeze.

thank you.
There's no way to know if the problem is your hard drive until you get compliant with every hack guide out there and get a Y cable. Your problem might not be a Y cable but if you don't have that checked off the list then we don't know what else it might be because you MUST have a Y cable. This is not an option. Its mandatory. Get that out of the way and see if the problem persists then we can start to widdle away at any other possibilities.

It's kinda like saying "My car won't start. I've read that I actually need to put gasoline in my car to make it start but I don't wanna go and buy gasoline and find out it won't help!"

Gasoline might not be your problem but you have to have gas in the tank before we can figure out why it won't start. It's not an option. It's not "might" need a y cable. You HAVE to have a y cable.

Last edited by Kafluke,
D

Deleted-351540

There's no way to know if the problem is your hard drive until you get compliant with every hack guide out there and get a Y cable. Your problem might not be a Y cable but if you don't have that checked off the list then we don't know what else it might be because you MUST have a Y cable. This is not an option. Its mandatory. Get that out of the way and see if the problem persists then we can start to widdle away at any other possibilities.

It's kinda like saying "My car won't start. I've read that I actually need to put gasoline in my car to make it start but I don't wanna go and buy gasoline and find out it won't help!"

Gasoline might not be your problem but you have to have gas in the tank before we can figure out why it won't start. It's not an option. It's not "might" need a y cable. You HAVE to have a y cable.
Or external power from somewhere else. (A powered enclosure, a powered USB hub, etc...)

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
They are like £3/$3/€3 on eBay, I'm gonna say it's worth the 'investment' :P
Shit I just made my own with all the damn USB cables I had lying around. Just took a random cable, cut off the micro end and spliced the red & black wires from this cable right into the red & black wires of the hdd's cable. Wrapped it up with electrical tape I also had lying around and OILA!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thank you.
Im using the exact same drive that you are, same exact model. It works perfectly fine and I can almost guarantee that a simple Y cable is all that you need. Just make your own if you have an old USB cable lying around. Or buy one I suppose lol.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't try and make your own unless you have soldering skills, shrink tubing and a heat gun. Electrical tape will most assuredly come off at some point and you can have shorts and even fire hazards among other risks.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't try and make your own unless you have soldering skills, shrink tubing and a heat gun. Electrical tape will most assuredly come off at some point and you can have shorts and even fire hazards among other risks.
To each their own. I assure you that my electrical tape will not "fall off" but I do see your point. Maybe I shouldn't be recommending that lol. I'm just like MacGyver when I need something I don't have. I should have mentioned that I did in fact use solder on the splices. I didn't use any shrink tubing although I do have some around here somewhere, now that I think about it. I just discovered my morning project!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)