Golin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
I've had several cards in the past (some for review, some for personal use): The M3 Simply, the R4, the N5 (talk about garbage), the G6 DS Real, and the M3 DS Real.

I was looking to replace my M3 DS Real with a Cyclo DS because it has been top dog and shown great compatibility with the latest games, however I saw the new ShopTemp and I wonder whether Team SC is better than Team Cyclo and Team M3 in terms of quality and support?

If anyone has any past and recent experiences, please do tell. If the signs are good, I'm going to pre-order 3 Supercard DS Two kits.

Also I have another question pertaining to the upcoming product. It's listed that it will have full GBA emulation, but what about GBA > DS Compatibility? It doesn't seem likely considering it doesn't utilize the GBA slot--and DSi and DSi XLs don't even have a GBA slot.

Thanks in advance fellow GBATemp comrades.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
SC Team is active and working hard. The new EOS is working well (with a few bugs) and supports all major releases now. As for the emu if the iPlayer GBA Emu is anything to go by it will have high compatibility but not entirely perfect. Hopefully the SC team will develop it further

Golin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
SC Team is active and working hard. The new EOS is working well (with a few bugs) and supports all major releases now. As for the emu if the iPlayer GBA Emu is anything to go by it will have high compatibility but not entirely perfect. Hopefully the SC team will develop it further
That sounds great. Thank you Jamstruth. I'll put in my pre-order, in that case.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golin said:
gameguy95 said:
N64Temp said:
The EOS is beta though which is why it has those bugs.
i hope they get out of beta by the SCDS2 release date
I have to agree. It would be rather counter intuitive to release a new product with beta software.
The SCDSTwo is using a different version of the EOS. The new EOS (AFAIK) will not be compatible with the EOS' available on the website right now.

The SC Team is fantastic. Better than EZFlash (hard to beat), and is giving AKAIO developers "a run for their money," in terms of updates anyway. Flashcards like the Cyclo and EDGE (IIRC) are also on par with the flashcards listed above.

In terms of features, although the BETA EOS has lost some features, most will be coming back in future updates.

In terms of assistance, the team itself I'm not sure, but people like joedanger and I (to a much, much lesser extent compared to joedanger and a few others) browse the forums frequently and answer as many questions as we can.

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had Supercards since the CF version (acquired in 1843 or thereabouts) - the CF version is still supported, though it looks ridiculous now stuck in a DS Lite
gbasp.gif
- so far they've not failed to produce an update, sometimes takes a while, or the update is unofficial (but posted in the Supercard forums over at eng.supercard.sc) but there's always been one.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
hunnymonster said:
sometimes takes a while, or the update is unofficial (but posted in the Supercard forums over at eng.supercard.sc) but there's always been one.

Usually those ndspatch files are actually from the SC Team but haven't been released anywhere but the Chinese forums so somebody ports it over, for instance the HG/SS Patch a little while ago got pasted over from the Beta of SP2 (which is why when you used in in SP1 the Realtime Menu didn't work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2