ROM Hack Question Need help with update 1.1.0 of Fire Emblem Three Houses

Ligeia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The game won't load anymore once I install the update. I noticed I came across two different update files on the web, one is ~300Mb and the other one ~500Mo, neither work. When I install one with Goldleaf I noticed it acts like it worked but nothing actually happened, you don't get to see the progress of the file installation. But I still get some update files installed when I browse through the SD files.

Anyway when I try to launch the game I got an error message (it says there are corrupted files) and I have to go back to the menu. When I just delete the update it doesn't work either, when I delete the game and reinstall the game only it works again. But I can't seem to get around to install that 1.1.0 update.

Any help please ?

I use Athmosphere and my Switch is manually updated to 8.0.1.

Username4321

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm on 8.1.0 and my working 1.1 update is 350 MB. It's weird that Goldleaf's acting up; I don't know anything about that.
This isn't related to your problem, but the DLC was updated when 1.1 came out. If you have DLC, find and install the new DLC over it.

Ligeia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did install wave 3 DLC as well, but it doesn't work. I just tried to reinstall v1.0.2 + Wave 2 DLC and it works...

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Rocking a similar setup to yours on my second Switch and the update is working just fine. There seems to be various bad dumps flying around, because the 300 MB one I downloaded before was acting up as well just like yours. I believe the one that is correct weights 350 MB. Just hunt for a few more dumps for now.

Ligeia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks ! I already did that and downloaded 350Mb versions from several sources, to no avail so far. I guess I'll just wait a while and try again to find a new one in a few weeks...

Maybe you can tell me where you found your working version, if you don't mind ? Please PM me if talking about that here is against the rules.

Last edited by Ligeia,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Bigger updates contains delta files that are used by eshop to update previous update by using less data. They are not used by any other apps.

Ligeia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I could finally find a 1.1.0 update NSP that worked ! Thank you because I wouldn't have thought there were that many bad files circulating.

sL1pKn07

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi @Ligeia , i have the same problem as you, but i only found one active download for each versions. one is the version of the 561MB and the other 350MB

both pass the verification by several tools arround github, but idk what of both is the real copy 1.1 of the official update. can you share the sha256 or crc32 or whatever file hash for compare my versions with you working copy?

yes, i know has been release more recently updates, but i what preserve a copy for all updates/DLCs of this game

greetings

Last edited by sL1pKn07,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi @Ligeia , i have the same problem as you, but i only found one active download for each versions. one is the version of the 561MB and the other 350MB

both pass the verification by several tools arround github, but idk what of both is the real copy 1.1 of the official update. can you share the sha256 or crc32 or whatever file hash for compare my versions with you working copy?

yes, i know has been release more recently updates, but i what preserve a copy for all updates/DLCs of this game

greetings
Only difference between them is that bigger file has deltas.
Deltas are for patching previous update instead of installing whole update. They are not used by homebrew installers, only when updating using official methods.

sL1pKn07

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi

you mean, the bigger not need the previous update for install it (accumulative) and the smallest need install the previous update?

greetings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.