Need help with Transfer System

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by bradzx, Dec 31, 2014.

1. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Let you know I am at my friend'house if you notice ip address different.

I need help with my regular 3DS. My friend have 2DS. I want one of his game transfer to my 3DS. But my 3DS won't let me for receive from 3DS.

It said "You can't transfer to a system that is already linked to a Nintendo Network ID. To proceed, first format the system memory of the target system via System Settings to remove the ID link."

I don't think I can understand this meaning, but I am doing guessing. It mean I have to format my 3ds system? Everything I have save data and download game I have will be gone for good? And I have to redownload the game that I paid for? What can I do with this? I don't want format my game system. I need help here, please.

2. sethirion

sethirion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2008
    United States
    CA
    I have done a transfer but as Nintendo has noted in his support you cannot transfer to a non-virgin system.
    You need to have as a destiny system a fresh or at least not linked with a Nintendo Network ID. Once you transfer the data the source data will replace everything on the destination system.
    Also, you cannot transfer a single game to another system if that is what you wanted to do.
    Hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice