Hacking need help with roms for sx os

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the entire mod instructions and when I try to run a game its says something at the bottom in jumped text. All I can make out is press r. If I do that is says linens VALID. If I press R to install its missing any nsp (kind makes sens) if I go back pressing A to play does nothing?

D

Deleted-442439

Please do basic research before creating a personal support thread. You need to download XCI's (Cart dumps) for the game you want to play, or a .nsp (Nintendo Submission Package, used for Eshop games) if you want to install it.

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I select a game press the A button and the cart icom jump maybe a pixel or two. In the videos I see (and what I would have expected) is the game to run.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's start from the beginning.
Which Firmware version are you using?
Which SX OS version are you using?
What game are you trying to run?

Can you take a screenshot of the switch with the text you speak of?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I select a game press the A button and the cart icom jump maybe a pixel or two. In the videos I see (and what I would have expected) is the game to run.
On the main menu, go to album to get to sx menu.
Press "A" to load the game cart xci.
Press "Home" to get back to main menu if not already there.
Then on the main menu choose the game that you just loaded and press "A" again to play the game.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Which Firmware version are you using?
If you mean on the switch its 5.x the latest.
Which SX OS version are you using? Not sure how to tell that but I just got it today in the mail.
What game are you trying to run? I have 20 on the SD card. They all do tha same thing. Zelda BOTW then I guess.

Can you take a screenshot of the switch with the text you speak of? Not any more. See my new issue.

On the main menu, go to album to get to sx menu.
Press "A" to load the game cart xci.
Press "Home" to get back to main menu if not already there.
Then on the main menu choose the game that you just loaded and press "A" again to play the game.

Ok that may be my issue I will try once I fix this other issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not going to bother asking this here because there are hundred of hit on the net already. but I figure I'll have to report this as I can go any further till I fix it.

So now the switch will no power on. During the mod I had to go back and forth from the computer to put the lic. file on the card and the games.
The switch did want to come on, took a few power on attempts sometimes holding the power button for a long time. On the tird reboot it refuses to come on. No light at all, no black light, just nothing. I tried so many thing at this point I have no idea what to do. I really don;t this its bricked because it does not even attempt to come on. Seriously though not asking for help because the last thing I need it to be told to do a search. I really do wish I could talk to someone not even Nintendo has a number to call. Such a sad day for me.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your attitude stinks. Nobody owes you a spoon-feeding. The basic usage of SX OS is in the instruction manual which can be downloaded from TX's website.

Now that you have a potential issue let's try to help.

Firstly, did you install AutoRCM?

Do you have the pro dongle?

Edit: SX OS instructions don't specify that .xci dumps are launched from the home screen after mounting but it should be painfully obvious since it drops you to the home screen after mounting.

Last edited by DocAmes1980,

mranonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you in SX OS trying to open an XCI by any chance? If so, make sure you remove any physical game cartridges you may have in your Switch or the game will not open. It gives you an error that says something like "Remove cartridge", but it's hard to read because there is text over top of it.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you in SX OS trying to open an XCI by any chance? If so, make sure you remove any physical game cartridges you may have in your Switch or the game will not open. It gives you an error that says something like "Remove cartridge", but it's hard to read because there is text over top of it.

Ah. That was probably the OP's problem. The manual explicitly tells you to remove any game cards before using the loader. People should learn to RTFM before asking questions.

Reactions: mranonymous

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you activated the SX OS license?
Yes this part went well.

our attitude stinks.
I don't think its my attitude I think my day stinks.

Firstly, did you install AutoRCM?
No Idea what that is. I read that its a force booter, so no certainly not. My Switch is factory minus theis os sx and the one game I play on it.

Do you have the pro dongle?

SX OS instructions don't specify that .xci dumps are launched from the home screen after mounting but it should be painfully obvious since it drops you to the home screen after mounting.
I personally thought it all made sense. There were not on my home screen but instead as I mention in my album. I just could not click on the game like it shows on the video I watch. The game just jumped and did nothing.

I did have a game in the cartridge slot. That maybe the issue.

The manual explicitly tells you to remove any game cards before using the loader.
I never got a manual.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Tap the power button. If the Switch is off, it should turn on. No need to hold it for any length of time.

If it doesn't turn on then hold the power button for 12 seconds or longer. If it was somehow frozen then this should hard power it down. Try to turn it on again.

If you still have no joy then connect the Switch to the charger that came with it. (Connect it directly to the Switch, not via the dock)

If that doesn't work then call Nintendo. Something must be wrong hardware wise. If what you said you did was accurate then you haven't done anything that could brick the Switch.

https://sx.xecuter.com/download/manuals/sxos/[US]_SXOS_v1.2.pdf

It was that big red button that said "SX OS Manual" immediately under the download link.

Edit: You are probably in RCM mode. Holding the power button for 12 seconds will turn it off. If it was in RCM mode for too long it will be totally dead so you'll have to charge it.

Last edited by DocAmes1980,

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tap the power button. If the Switch is off, it should turn on. No need to hold it for any length of time.
No luck.

If it doesn't turn on then hold the power button for 12 seconds or longer. If it was somehow frozen then this should hard power it down. Try to turn it on again.
Saw this many times on the net, sadly does not work. Also in a dark room no light comes to the screen at all.

If you still have no joy then connect the Switch to the charger that came with it. (Connect it directly to the Switch, not via the dock)
Tired that and let it charge for 4 hours, sadly nothing .

If that doesn't work then call Nintendo. Something must be wrong hardware wise. If what you said you did was accurate then you haven't done anything that could brick the Switch.
Did that, I finally figure out how to trick the auto help in giving me a number. She red some basic stuff from a script and idiot would already have tried and she issued me a return. I read on line people doing this and Nintendo didnt discover the hack. If they replace the unit ill happily pay for a new license from xecuter.

Honestly, I have had battery issues from day one, I think something was up. Going to let it charge over night but I'm pretty sure its gone. I just didn't know how a switch should act so I thought it was normal.

Thx for the help, long sad day for my and my son.

Last edited by ulao,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you should be fine as far as Nintendo discovering anything modified. If they send you a new console it might not be exploitable though. However, a solution is supposedly being worked on for the new patched units.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: