Need help with R4 card

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Conceal, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Conceal
    OP

Conceal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    So I just got an R4 card. It says www.r4i-sdhc.com on the card, right below... well, let me just type what the card says. "R4i Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSi/NDSL/NDS) WWW.R4I-SDHC.COM". I hacked a ROM of Pokemon Black(the Japanese version), and I want to play it on my DS Lite. The problem is, though, whenever I try to play the ROM directly, it loads for a little bit and pauses, saying: "load rom errcode=-4 Please reset system." I have the latest kernels and everything, and I tried things like DSTT and YSMenu, but it keeps on giving me a message that says "unsupported dldi name". I've done a lot of searching on the internet, but the closest I got was this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-possible-to-get-ysmenu-on-a-r4i-sdhc.155479/ I really want to play my ROM, but all of this is so confusing, because it's my first time doing anything with a flashcart. Can somebody please help me? I really need help right now.

2. retrogamefan

retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited by retrogamefan, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Conceal
    OP

Conceal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Okay, I tried it, but when I try to open TTMenu or YSMenu, the screens get weird and it says "can't load l2u", "can't load font", and "No Flash in Slot2". What am I doing wrong? By the way, the ROM I'm trying to play is an edited version of a Japanese Black ROM. I hacked it myself, so it's not something others would know of.

4. retrogamefan

Oct 8, 2009
    If you have hacked a rom yourself, it will not work untill it is added to the DATs, so can you please send me a link to a patch of the rom hack, so I can add it for you

5. Conceal
    OP

Conceal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    How do I send a link of the patch? The only thing I have of the rom is the .nds file.

6. retrogamefan

Oct 8, 2009
  7. colt05

colt05 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Ha, I have the same problem with R4i "advace" (which they spelled wrong on the website) 3DS.

8. Conceal
    OP

Conceal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    THANK YOU!!! Thank you so much! It works now!