Hacking Need help with cIOS installation

xditsme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have successfully installed the HBC on my 4.0 Wii but I want to use the USB loader so I can run backups.
(My Wii serial begins with LU63)

When I try to run the Ultimate USB Loader with no cIOS on I obviously get the "cannot find cIOS" error.

I tried to install the cIOS38 13b from waninkoko the .dol ran off of HBC succesfully but when I tried to install both using WAD and network installation I received an error called "install error ret: -2011"

What do I need to do to correctly install a cIOS?

additional info: I used wakinkokos wad manager 1.3 to try to install cios fix but it gave me the same error, -2011.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad, first press - to uninstall it, and then press + to install it.
exit and load again Wad Manager
now install the cIOS_fix.wad
if you have no error, then proceed to use the cIOS36_r10 installer (or the one you are going to use)

...!
smile.gif

xditsme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, starting to download IOS36..... and following your instructions.

Also I'm hearing that rev 10 is currently the most stable and that people shouldn't really deviate outside of that rev, is that true?

EDIT:

While uninstalling the IOS I got
Deleting ticket error ret= -1017
Deleting ticket contents ret= -1017

and while installing I got
install error ret - 1035

Is this normal? I also got the 2011 error again after restarting wad manager and installing cios fix.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pretty much yes, unless you have the usb rockband instruments and are planning on using the game thru the USB loader, wich is ridiculous cause if you have the instruments, it means you have the legit copy
laugh.gif
but you know how all the people are..!!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
xditsme said:
While uninstalling the IOS I got
Deleting ticket error ret= -1017
Deleting ticket contents ret= -1017

and while installing I got
install error ret - 1035

Is this normal? I also got the 2011 error again after restarting wad manager and installing cios fix.

then I guess you need to do some trick with the DVDx installer that installs an old version of IOS35, and then use the WiiPower's Wad Manager IOS Selectable, select IOS35 to hang off, and then install the cIOS_fix.wad, don't run wich DVDx installer does that, cause I haven't used this kind of fix, but I guess the one on the HackMii installer...!!
smile.gif

(I'm off to bed BTW) good luck..!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anything involving uninstalling an IOS isn't something you should advise someone to ever do. If it can be installed it should be able to be installed over what's already there.

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I believe from where you're at download the offline pack thats posted there. Then do steps 1-3, A-B, and 9-10 in the offline section.

That should be enough to get what you want to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection