Need help with burning

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have about 91 .avi files and I'd like to burn them as video DVD's but I've never burned anything, so I need some help.
I looked on the imgburn forum but it said .avi files need to be converted to a DVD complaint thing using DVD flick.
I downloaded both Imgburn and DVD flick but I still don't know what to do with them.
I'd like to be able to play the DVD's on my dvd player.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
You need a proper DVD burning program. If you just burn the avi files to DVD you create a data disc that can only be read in computers. The files must be converted to a standard DVD format which is done by programs such as DVDFlick.

DVD Flick has a guide as to how to use it on the site here Its very bare bones though. You basically add all your movies in, set them up, convert them then add a menu to select which ones you want.

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
You need a proper DVD burning program. If you just burn the avi files to DVD you create a data disc that can only be read in computers. The files must be converted to a standard DVD format which is done by programs such as DVDFlick.

DVD Flick has a guide as to how to use it on the site here Its very bare bones though. You basically add all your movies in, set them up, convert them then add a menu to select which ones you want.
What do you mean my "set them up" do you mean configuring it?
How do I convert them?

This is the log I got when I tried burning after I posted this(the burn failed):

I 19:32:22 ImgBurn Version 2.5.1.0 started!
I 19:32:22 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 19:32:22 Total Physical Memory: 375,712 KB - Available: 25,408 KB
W 19:32:22 Drive
ohnoes.png
\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.
I 19:32:22 Initialising SPTI...
I 19:32:22 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 19:32:22 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-H492C GA01 (E:) (ATA)
I 19:32:22 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

QUOTE(DeMoN @ Jul 31 2010, 05:06 PM) If you have Windows just use the Movie Maker program that came with it.

I'm using windows xp but I couldn't find windows movie maker program.

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
It takes forever because it needs to convert them, and that's a VERY intensive process.

DVD Flick should offer to burn it for you, try that.

At the end of DVD flick it says burning, then it brings up Imgburn and the Imgburn log.
The Imgburn log says this:
I 01:41:22 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!
I 01:41:22 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 01:41:22 Total Physical Memory: 375,712 KB - Available: 147,428 KB
W 01:41:22 Drive
ohnoes.png
I 01:41:22 Initialising SPTI...
I 01:41:22 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 01:41:22 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

What do I do now?

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
That's odd, does it offer to save an ISO file for you?

on DVD flick it does allow me to save the 'project' as an ISO image, but on the guild for DVD flick it says I can burn straight to the DVD and I go with that option.
On Imgburn it just brings up imgburn and the Imgburn log. The log says the same things every time except the actual time and Imgburn is in build mode but doesn't do anything.

My grandpa suggested that the computer may not be able to burn it but it has a DVD Rom sign on it...

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zuriel102 said:
W 19:32:22 Drive
ohnoes.png

Apart from the DVD-ROM issue, you'll have problems saving an iso file that fits a DVD. FAT32 only supports a file less than 4GB. Of course you could make the DVD iso smaller than that and don't use the entire size of a DVD, or simply convert the drive to NTFS.

Speculant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a good DVD burner program (I recommend imtoo dvd creator, worth the money) and a bunch of DVD-DL discs. Single layer discs usually don't cut it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu